Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 07:46 PM

17,232 posts, read 57,171,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
I am hoping the Deacon cam help in convincing my fiancée to postpone the wedding. Postponing it I sadly feel she'll leave me and make me pay back the $5K put down for the wedding already.
If you can get out of this for $5K at the present, realize that this is the cheapest it will ever be.

Are you really OK with this gal? Do you even want to be a father? She seems to have an unrealistic approach to family finances or personal finance, to say the least. Wants what she wants, and wants it NOW, dammit!

I would have been rid of her years ago!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2016, 08:13 PM

11,401 posts, read 24,493,663 times
She's way too stressed out and needs to get a grip. The two of you should agree to split the non refundable deposit and count yourself lucky. Much better to do that now than a divorce and child support later.

Old 06-15-2016, 08:24 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,383,840 times
Quote:
I am hoping the Deacon cam help in convincing my fiancée to postpone the wedding. Postponing it I sadly feel she'll leave me and make me pay back the $5K put down for the wedding already.
That's a lot less than helping her pay back her student loans for the next 30 years. BTW--did she finish any degree at those 2 private colleges?

Old 06-15-2016, 08:29 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,210,147 times
Quote:
The money for the honeymoon will come from the wedding. For me renting a place for a week in SC down in the Islands there be inexpensive and romantic. When we are done with school can go on our 2 year anniversary trip maybe longer to the Caribbeans like 2 week's ay Sandals. Then a 5 or in 10 years a trip to Europe.

I like to balance holidays out as best I can. I think it's more of a control thing.

Just trying to talk like I said is tough. Just say hi, how's your day going, love you.
Wow, you plan ahead AND you are optimistic.

As a mentioned in a previous post my hubby and I spent our honeymoon in a nearby town (one weekend).

My husband was an trial attorney and I was working full time as a special education teacher.
While we traveled to visit our parents & other relatives in the US it wasn't until we had been married for 22 years that we could afford to take a two week vacation (to Hawaii).

We have been married for 39 years and have never taken a vacation to Europe (or the Caribbean).

Every couple is different. And, couples has different priorities than other couples.

Your fiancée is insisting on an expensive honeymoon and probably will continue to insist on expensive vacations as long as you are married. Is that what you really want?

A good marriage is a partnership not a dictatorship.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:08 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,730,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
If you can get out of this for $5K at the present, realize that this is the cheapest it will ever be.

Are you really OK with this gal? Do you even want to be a father? She seems to have an unrealistic approach to family finances or personal finance, to say the least. Wants what she wants, and wants it NOW, dammit!

I would have been rid of her years ago!
I really love her. There is no one in this world I want to be with. It's just she changed when the wedding came closer and I changed by shutting down. I felt she loss perspective and I wrapped myself up in a state of denial.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:13 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,074,140 times
Quote:
I really love her. There is no one in this world I want to be with. It's just she changed when the wedding came closer and I changed by shutting down. I felt she loss perspective and I wrapped myself up in a state of denial.
Sounds like the pressure of the impending deadline of marriage made you subconsciously realize what was actually happening.

You can love her without marrying her. No one says you can or have to stop loving her.

But you do NOT need to marry her right now.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:28 PM

302 posts, read 231,022 times
Yeah, for my honeymoon we stayed at a friends cabin for a week for free. Our only cost was a hotel night a few nights, gas and food money. However, we didn't really venture out much if you know what I mean. I mean seriously why does it really matter where you are if you are really into each other.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:43 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,672,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
These friends and family that conceived over 34 years old, how long ago was that? Has anyone recently done it that you know of? Be honest. When was the last time you knew of someone in the ~35 y.o. age group conceiving a child without IVF?
*raises hand*

I was 37 when my son, now nine months old, was conceived. No IVF. No difficulty. This was in 2015.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:55 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,074,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
*raises hand*

I was 37 when my son, now nine months old, was conceived. No IVF. No difficulty. This was in 2015.
Ditto.

Old 06-15-2016, 10:01 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,267,784 times
My husband and I have been married almost 4 years now. Still haven't been on our honeymoon...not because of money at all but life keeps throwing obstacles like heart surgery, cancer, and other family needs.

Neither of us are really crying about not getting to go...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships