Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2016, 09:06 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times

Advertisements

I'm so sorry for your loss, meta.

Someone from another online community I belong to died from sudden cancer this week, too. It's odd to think that in a way we're all strangers, but we have these networks of people far and wide who can be just as supportive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2016, 09:17 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I'm so sorry for your loss, meta.

Someone from another online community I belong to died from sudden cancer this week, too. It's odd to think that in a way we're all strangers, but we have these networks of people far and wide who can be just as supportive.
Very true

Yes it's only the internet but after a while you see the person and I myself have gotten close to a good few on here and I would feel awful should something happened to one

That's the very definition of what a perfect stranger is

Old 07-12-2016, 10:31 AM

4,005 posts, read 4,106,650 times
Thanks again. I'm saying thanks to so many people these days that I hope it doesn't seem insincere. I truly do appreciate kind words & thoughts & the time they both take.

I hope that a lot more people read this thread than those who post, because I want to say something about relationships.

We are told to tolerate people at work and out in public, but so many folks aren't tolerating (or being satisfied with) those closest to us or those that (if we allowed) could get closer. I say this because when I met MG, he said. "I have two strikes against me. I smoke & I have a cat." BUT, I gave the date a chance and I gave him time. I wanted to know if those "issues" we're really issues at all to me. I made the right choice of hoping that he would accept me, too. You see, not only do YOU have to accept another person's "faults", but THEY have to be willing to accept YOURS.

On so many levels, THIS was how our lives were supposed to be. I am crazy about him & will miss him terribly.

Old 07-12-2016, 11:37 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,014,468 times
Meta,

I'm sorry for your loss. On the surface it seems knee-jerk when sympathies come from strangers; but it's part of the human condition, some degree (for pain is too personal to every fully grasp) of shared understanding.

The thing I always think is that this is Life and no one gets out alive. Please, don't take that as a casual view; rather, as an observation. We will all pass.

But in my view, Life and even the passing of those we know and love is cause for celebration. It's not that they are gone, for there remains a hole, and it never grows fully in. Scars of the loss remain.

The cause for celebration is that such beauty was here with us, for as long as it lasted. In the case of those we love, we seldom realize fully the awesome, breathtaking privilege of seeing, knowing, sharing in the life of someone in ways no one else ever really would or could. We are given sweet gifts, and while the absence may hurt a long while, we are left with memories which Time will only polish and enhance.

That shouldn't sound like a sympathy card. It should sound like the most breathless gasp of I'm so very happy to know you, to be with you, and this has been something I shall never forget.

Breathe in, and breathe out again. The loss will never fully pass, but the pain itself will.

Remember the quiet times no one else knew, or a private laugh. Remember things which belonged to all MG ever knew, and remember things which were solely yours. They're all treasures.

I believe very much this way, though the words are not mine:

Old 07-12-2016, 08:22 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
MG has passed away. He had a tough, grouchy exterior with a streak of tradition and a core of kindness and sentiment. He was one of a kind. We didn't do anything flashy, nor were we "jet-setters". We could sit and watch tv and be perfectly content. I was happy.

He isn't in pain anymore. Cancer sucks.
My condolences. It is the worst to watch someone you love be slowly and graphically taken from you by something so evil.

Old 07-13-2016, 05:51 AM

It's strange how sometimes I just go through life, and suddenly I find the most simple phrase that brings clarity to a most difficult situation.

Sure, I know that I will die as will those around me, but yesterday this made me feel a little better (briefly):

"Dying is as natural as being born."

I didn't say good-bye when I knew he was running out of time. I told him that I had everything under control (yeah, including the cat), and then I told him to save a seat for me.

I am forever changed.

Old 07-14-2016, 06:59 PM

I had to side-step drama from MG's ex & daughter, but all is well now. The burial was today, and if I have to deal with those people again, I'll simply refer them to my attorney. I am a very no-drama kinda girl, but I won't put up with anyone's BS either. Some folks seem to think that I suddenly can't live without them when, in fact, I've lived over 5 decades without them - and will continue to live without them.

Tell me where all of you are! Let's hear what you've been doing, and tell the rest of us something funny. It's a good day for a chuckle, ya know?

Old 07-15-2016, 12:10 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
What do I enjoy about painting?

Not a single damn thing.

A pressure washer does an excellent job peeling paint off.

Old 07-15-2016, 07:01 PM

But once the paint is peeled, you have to . . . uh . . . paint! Trade chores with someone who likes to paint (I think there are folks like that out there).

I sat at the Secretary of State office for over an hour today. Not too bad, I suppose. I bought a new pair of glasses & splurged for Rx sunglasses today, too.

More drama from The Depths before I could block the phone numbers. All is well when you couldn't care less. LOL

No plans for the weekend other than to catch up on chores at MY house. It might just save time to put it all in the yard & set it on fire. Ha!

Old 07-16-2016, 09:47 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
There is a Christian music festival a mile and half away from the house. Sitting inside watching tv you can hear the music. Wish I would have had more than one beer with supper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships