Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2019, 02:44 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,281,210 times

Advertisements

Yeah, I wont believe a man again if he tells me all his exes were crazy and hes the innocent victim among all these psychos.

Otoh women who are acting psycho territorial over a dirtbag guy are probably best given a wide berth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2019, 04:04 PM

20,393 posts, read 14,661,936 times
Yeah, Wife #2 wasn't acting territorial, looking back on it...their marriage was falling apart bad, by the time he and I met and started messin' around. There was a tension to her, and she was trying to warn me as best as she could, but with what he was telling me about her, I interpreted it as her being angry at us for being together and maybe feeling agitated towards me as the "young, cute girl" (she'd gained a lot of weight.) But no, it was probably more frustration that on the one hand, she was likely glad to see him out of her life, and on the other, she felt like a foolish kid was being sorta the victim of an older, bad-news man, and maybe wished she could get through to me.

But I think that the more anyone tried to warn me, the more stubbornly I thought I could beat the odds and "love would prevail" and other idealistic and rebellious nonsense. I mean, I was 18, so...

I'm really glad that at this point, both of my sons seem to be on a better track than I was then.

Old 10-01-2019, 04:41 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,281,210 times
At 18 most people are not making decisions at an adult level.

Old 10-01-2019, 06:04 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I was in the downtown area near the river front park. It was cold and rainy but I could tell in the middle of summer being a beautiful area. I was impressed how nice the area was. Only saw one or two homeless. Down here in so cal the homeless problem is way out of control.

I like Portland well enough, but I'm more of a desert rat. Lots of green everywhere, but ya pay that with much more rain than I care for.

We don't have too much rain here in the mountains of southwest Oregon.Maybe, about 30" yearly (hopefully). There are many sunny, warm days each year. We aren't too far from Grants Pass.
Most years we need more rain.
It keeps the forests green.
Rain fills up our waterways.
Rain helps with the forest fire danger. Most years lately we are lacking in rain fall & snow. Some winters here we don't get any snow anymore. We used to get a decent amount of snow fall. My bass pond hasn't been full in several years. Years ago it was always full in the spring.

Old 10-03-2019, 07:08 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
This guy is so good
he brought a tear to my eye.
Look, Einstein stopped by

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DcH_6Ybtk2A

Last edited by RbccL; 10-03-2019 at 07:18 AM.. Reason: Took away a syllable to make a haiku! Woo Hoo!

Old 10-03-2019, 03:30 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
This guy is so good
he brought a tear to my eye.
Look, Einstein stopped by

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DcH_6Ybtk2A

WELL DONE.....

Old 10-03-2019, 07:31 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
For a job that doesn’t require travel I spend plenty time away from home. Two weeks ago, I was out of state for a week. One night this week and it looks like three days away from home next week.

I bought a Jeep over a year ago. It has satellite radio. Okay, that’s nice. The deal was decent enough for the year. Today they sent out an email notice for automatic renewal. The price more than doubled. Pump the brakes on that. I’m putting that notion right through the windshield. Unlimited data and Spotify will be the course of the day.

Old 10-03-2019, 08:57 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
For a job that doesn’t require travel I spend plenty time away from home. Two weeks ago, I was out of state for a week. One night this week and it looks like three days away from home next week.

I bought a Jeep over a year ago. It has satellite radio. Okay, that’s nice. The deal was decent enough for the year. Today they sent out an email notice for automatic renewal. The price more than doubled. Pump the brakes on that. I’m putting that notion right through the windshield. Unlimited data and Spotify will be the course of the day.
I bought my daughter a Jeep Renegade with satellite radio a little over a year ago, April/May 2018? ...She wouldn’t complain about that, never asks for anything. I’m going to go check it out! Thanks for the tip. 🙂

Old 10-04-2019, 06:48 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I bought my daughter a Jeep Renegade with satellite radio a little over a year ago, April/May 2018? ...She wouldn’t complain about that, never asks for anything. I’m going to go check it out! Thanks for the tip. 🙂

I usually stream when I am in the pickup. There might be some diesel therapy for me today.

Old 10-07-2019, 11:03 AM

20,393 posts, read 14,661,936 times
You know, the ridiculousness we have run into (and been run over by) in this forum for years makes me long for a thing to be made...

A mock nature documentary where men "approach" women in produce sections and at bus stops, and it's narrated by that dramatic fake-quiet voice over like the nature shows, guy with the British accent... And like the women are wearing brown and dull colors, and the dude sidles up and then like flips up a brightly colored cape and starts doing a freaky dance while loudly clicking or chirping (like the Birds of Paradise from the original Planet Earth jungle episode) or maybe darting up and dropping twigs at her feet, hoping she will remove her earbuds. She either ignores him, or flees the grocery store in terror.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships