Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2022, 01:34 PM

4,043 posts, read 2,713,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I should probably look into having them shipped, I have damn near everything else shipped, why not the meds too.

Yeah, the elderly tend to have more problems as well as people with medical issues, as they've been saying. Hope everyone is doing ok and not COVID positive.

Thanks! My mom and sis are testing today. I will wait for a couple of days to test to get past the incubation period. My niece is feeling very sick today though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2022, 01:37 PM

48,540 posts, read 34,891,275 times
Quote:
I should probably look into having them shipped, I have damn near everything else shipped, why not the meds too.

Yeah, the elderly tend to have more problems as well as people with medical issues, as they've been saying. Hope everyone is doing ok and not COVID positive.

I didn't opt in for like a decade, we lived close to drive through pharmacies, so I didn't see a value.

I did it when we moved to a rural area, and gosh darn it, it is a LOT cheaper. Basically, for most stuff I was paying a $5 or 10 co-pay.... seemed reasonable to me, figured that was the minimum. Now some stuff is under $5 for a 90 day supply.

It's the CVS plan. Convenience AND savings. They are speaking my language.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-10-2022, 01:39 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
Thanks! My mom and sis are testing today. I will wait for a couple of days to test to get past the incubation period. My niece is feeling very sick today though.
Sorry to hear she's sick. It's weird how some people can have no symptoms and others can be quite ill.

We had it last year during the Delta wave and it was pretty uncomfortable. I've been sicker but this had us feeling pretty lousy for four or five days. Mrs. Chow had a shortness of breathe that was a little concerning. I didn't have that at all, just felt like normal flu to me.

We weren't bed ridden and I was able to work, but luckily I was working from home and wasn't at a project site.

Old 08-10-2022, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I didn't opt in for like a decade, we lived close to drive through pharmacies, so I didn't see a value.

I did it when we moved to a rural area, and gosh darn it, it is a LOT cheaper. Basically, for most stuff I was paying a $5 or 10 co-pay.... seemed reasonable to me, figured that was the minimum. Now some stuff is under $5 for a 90 day supply.

It's the CVS plan. Convenience AND savings. They are speaking my language.
I'm on blood pressure meds, two of them and for some reason I used to have a copay of 5 bucks each and they even dropped that. Not sure how, but whatever. At this point I'll take anything.

You go to the store and prices are just up and up, seems like every few days. I do a lot of the grocery shopping and am at the store three or so days a week.

Things need to get better at some point. We're pretty lucky in our situation in our house payment is pretty cheap and doesn't change, but I don't know, a lot of people, young single mothers are probably struggling right now.

Old 08-10-2022, 02:28 PM

48,540 posts, read 34,891,275 times
Quote:
I'm on blood pressure meds, two of them and for some reason I used to have a copay of 5 bucks each and they even dropped that. Not sure how, but whatever. At this point I'll take anything.

You go to the store and prices are just up and up, seems like every few days. I do a lot of the grocery shopping and am at the store three or so days a week.

Things need to get better at some point. We're pretty lucky in our situation in our house payment is pretty cheap and doesn't change, but I don't know, a lot of people, young single mothers are probably struggling right now.
We are seeing price drops in the food area, thank goodness. I really changed the way I shop. Just changing from Walmart to Winco gave us a huge savings. I was shocked at the difference it made. Just have to time it for when we are in Reno (hour away).

Our fuel prices have also dropped way down, again, thank goodness because a lot of our time is spent pulling a heavy 5th wheel. Propane also came way down.

Supply chain issues are clearing up, so we are seeing way less impact to our expenses. At least here.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-10-2022, 05:35 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,653,975 times
Be Safe My Friends.

Old 08-10-2022, 05:38 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Be Safe My Friends.
That's no fun.

Old 08-12-2022, 10:49 AM

The whole Anne Heche story is just sad and awful.

It was just strange in how it was reported. First she was in stable condition, then it was she was in a coma, now the family is talking about donating her organs as she's not going to make it.

For some reason this story keeps sorta creeping back into my mind. I wasn't a fan of her's in particular. I've heard over the years she's had drug and mental problems. She had a public meltdown after her and Ellen split.

Maybe it's just that she's 53, I'm turning 53 this month, something about her passing and how she went out at a relatively young age is just unsettling.

I usually don't get too worked up over celebrities' passing. One time that sticks out to me was Robin Williams. I thought about him off and on for days. Grew up watching Mork and Mindy, not to mention his brilliant career across acting and stand up comedy.

Old 08-12-2022, 11:43 AM

29,750 posts, read 34,415,700 times
I wasn't really a super fan of Prince, but when Prince died it hit me unexpectedly hard. I can't explain why. It was so out-of-the-blue.

I'm working from home today, and we're having a spell of unbelievably comfortable weather for August, so I have my windows open. I don't know who, but one of my neighbors somewhere close by is outside smoking something strong. I feel like I'm getting a contact high just from the breeze coming in.

Old 08-12-2022, 11:55 AM

19,431 posts, read 15,259,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I wasn't really a super fan of Prince, but when Prince died it hit me unexpectedly hard. I can't explain why. It was so out-of-the-blue.
I think part of it was that he was so much so larger-than-life, at least it was for me (same with Robin Williams).

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I'm working from home today, and we're having a spell of unbelievably comfortable weather for August, so I have my windows open. I don't know who, but one of my neighbors somewhere close by is outside smoking something strong. I feel like I'm getting a contact high just from the breeze coming in.
We get that every time we step into our elevator. I guess someone here likes to get high while they "get high." Har...

I'll show myself out...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships