Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2016, 08:10 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Sounds horrible to do the casual online. And people can figure out who you are . I've had coworker spot other coworkers online. We even saw a lady coworker singing on utube songs horribly .Sad thing is she thought she was great.
Even without a pic you can connect the dots for some.

But at least you are honest with your net lady friends.
I dunno, these friends don't put much in their casual profiles to connect the dots to. They have some pictures of themselves with faces obscured, and answer a bunch of questions, then they respond to the guys they're interested in.

With me though, yeah, of course, stating you're ideally looking for a monogamous relationship does drive people away though. I lost count on the number of people I've received messages from over the year that were cool, and said they thought I seem cool, but they're in open marriages or just poly and wished I was open to that. I met one of my newest friends that way, she is married, in an open relationship, we work in a related field and just kept chatting and met, platonic ally, and just keep hanging out. I would have been interested if she was single and monogamous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2016, 08:53 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I dunno, these friends don't put much in their casual profiles to connect the dots to. They have some pictures of themselves with faces obscured, and answer a bunch of questions, then they respond to the guys they're interested in.

With me though, yeah, of course, stating you're ideally looking for a monogamous relationship does drive people away though. I lost count on the number of people I've received messages from over the year that were cool, and said they thought I seem cool, but they're in open marriages or just poly and wished I was open to that. I met one of my newest friends that way, she is married, in an open relationship, we work in a related field and just kept chatting and met, platonic ally, and just keep hanging out. I would have been interested if she was single and monogamous.
Ewww they are women!?

I don't understand these open relationships.I mean I don't want my husband having sex with some random lady.Things happen and boop there's a kid.Explain that?

I have met some cool people from online as well.Even on here and we chat still.
Meeting interesting people online is fun.Dating and the disappointment isnt.

Old 12-30-2016, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Ewww they are women!?

I don't understand these open relationships.I mean I don't want my husband having sex with some random lady.Things happen and boop there's a kid.Explain that?

I have met some cool people from online as well.Even on here and we chat still.
Meeting interesting people online is fun.Dating and the disappointment isnt.
Why is that ew? Women use Tinder, OKC, whatever for casual sex too. It can be far more efficient than going out to a bar and seeing what is there.

And open relationships aren't for me, but they are for a fair number of people. Each to their own. This friend usually plays with her husband and others, but not always. There are all types in the world.

I don't know what there would be to explain. Pregnancy is easy to avoid. Really easy.

Old 12-30-2016, 11:22 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,869,177 times
I don't understand why people are so complicated and exacting. Who wants to keep up with 2 profiles...?! I never had a specific relationship indicated, it depends on who the person is when I meet them and how we relate, what chemistry, etc. Why narrow your field down so much? You might not indicate 'serious' 'LTR' or mention monogamous, attract and meet someone who had no intention of having an LTR, and the chemistry is there that ultimately is used for the relationship decision. I don't know what I want until I meet them and get to know them. Just like IRL.

Old 12-30-2016, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I don't understand why people are so complicated and exacting. Who wants to keep up with 2 profiles...?! I never had a specific relationship indicated, it depends on who the person is when I meet them and how we relate, what chemistry, etc. Why narrow your field down so much? You might not indicate 'serious' 'LTR' or mention monogamous, attract and meet someone who had no intention of having an LTR, and the chemistry is there that ultimately is used for the relationship decision. I don't know what I want until I meet them and get to know them. Just like IRL.
I think they see it as practicality and expanding their field. One they use specifically when they're just horny, and are more honest and direct with sexual wants/needs/desires. The other is more tame, and less, um, direct. It's still them, just used differently.

One, a person I dated for a bit, has very specific sexual needs when it comes to casual sex, which she doesn't so much have in a relationship. People can be complex.

I'm, relatively speaking, a rather simple guy, thankfully.

Old 12-31-2016, 04:44 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,107,489 times
Wishing everyone good health, happiness and a deep appreciation for those in your life for the new year.

Be safe.

Old 12-31-2016, 09:01 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,869,177 times

Old 01-01-2017, 12:49 PM

1,261 posts, read 971,889 times
Happy New Years my peeps. May your hangovers be light and your sunglasses dark.

Old 01-01-2017, 03:42 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,107,489 times
A best line:
"One of the best things you've got going for you is your willingness to humiliate yourself."

From "As Good As It Gets"

Old 01-01-2017, 04:24 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,531,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
A best line:
"One of the best things you've got going for you is your willingness to humiliate yourself."

From "As Good As It Gets"
YES YES YES!!!!

I LOVE that film and that scene.... " Yeah I'm feeling charged " LMAO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships