Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2017, 11:40 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
It's Brazilian. I've always loved guinea pigs. I can't help but find these guys adorable.
It's sorta cute in an odd way. LOL. We have a little tiny Dutch rabbit. She's a little sucker, probably four or five pounds since the last time we had her weighed.

I saw this pic of a rabbit and I forget what flavor it was, but man this mother was like the size of a collie, matter of fact the pic of it was laying next to a border collie and it was actually bigger than it. I was like damn, big sucker. It looked odd just because our little rabbit is literally a fraction of that size of that beast. LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2017, 12:16 AM

19,431 posts, read 15,259,370 times
^^You didn't mention how she makes little guinea pig noises, though, especially from pleasure, like when she's eating a strawberry, lol. Kills me.

Old 03-11-2017, 04:46 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,871,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
^^You didn't mention how she makes little guinea pig noises, though, especially from pleasure, like when she's eating a strawberry, lol. Kills me.
He thought that was you 😍

Old 03-11-2017, 05:13 AM

Quote:
I discovered this one today. I would love to have a pet capybara! They look like giant guinea pigs.

I've always been a dog person, through and through, but I'm discovering a love of cats too. Mine is so sweet and wonderful, I just love him so much!
I always thought they were adorable too! They get to be as big as a medium sized dog though, and are group-type of rodents. It'll get lonely being the only capybara, so you might as well get a few!

Old 03-11-2017, 06:32 AM

4,005 posts, read 4,108,969 times
Quote:
I discovered this one today. I would love to have a pet capybara! They look like giant guinea pigs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO3Sijto51I

I've always been a dog person, through and through, but I'm discovering a love of cats too. Mine is so sweet and wonderful, I just love him so much!
He is either saying, "A little more to the right," or "Touch it! Touch it!"

Old 03-11-2017, 02:21 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,560,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
It's sorta cute in an odd way. LOL. We have a little tiny Dutch rabbit. She's a little sucker, probably four or five pounds since the last time we had her weighed.

I saw this pic of a rabbit and I forget what flavor it was, but man this mother was like the size of a collie, matter of fact the pic of it was laying next to a border collie and it was actually bigger than it. I was like damn, big sucker. It looked odd just because our little rabbit is literally a fraction of that size of that beast. LOL.
I love rabbits, too. It's not a good pet for us with beagles, but I used to petsit for a little guy named Dougie. He was a little lop-eared guy and so sweet. He was litterbox trained so he had run of the house when the owner was home. When I would get ready to leave her house, I'd just shake his little bag of treats and say "here, Dougie!" and he'd come hopping along and jump into his cage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Awwww, I bet that's cute. Guinea pigs make the sweetest little chirps and other noises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I always thought they were adorable too! They get to be as big as a medium sized dog though, and are group-type of rodents. It'll get lonely being the only capybara, so you might as well get a few!
It's always better to get animals in pairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
He is either saying, "A little more to the right," or "Touch it! Touch it!"
I think I can relate. Our cat is 16 pounds and when he decides to walk on my back, it's a great massage. I'm constantly trying to convince him to walk a little more to the left or right. LOL

Old 03-11-2017, 03:45 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,727,352 times
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO3Sijto51I

I've seen those before.

They are definitely exotic.

Lol I wouldn't mind having an exotic pet.

I went to a cousin's house today and their bird, Chico, was insanely friendly. We had a conversation the entire time I was there lol.

Old 03-11-2017, 04:27 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I've seen those before.

They are definitely exotic.

Lol I wouldn't mind having an exotic pet.

I went to a cousin's house today and their bird, Chico, was insanely friendly. We had a conversation the entire time I was there lol.
Mrs. Chow one time showed me this vid clip of a bird, not sure, probably a parrot and in the vid this bird knew words and could actually have a conversion, I mean it was bizarre, it comprehended the meaning of the words, there was no way that it was just trained because of the randomness and flow of the conversation with the owner or trainer or whatever.

It actually really took me aback. It made me look at animals and birds in particular in a different way and sometimes challenges me on the fact that I like eating meat makes me think a bit about it more.

Last edited by Chowhound; 03-11-2017 at 04:46 PM..

Old 03-11-2017, 04:48 PM

I want a talking bird! I tried to teach my parakeets to talk when I was little and crazy.
I swear I could hear them whispering to each other in the dark after I went to bed.

Old 03-11-2017, 06:32 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,326,273 times
Some pleasant posts here recently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships