Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2019, 12:52 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellybelly83 View Post
I have been given a gift of a boudoir shoot in 3wks. Something I have always wanted to do. What are the chances of me being able to lose 50lbs in 3wks by only consuming marijuana smoke and having copious amounts of sex?

It can't hurt to try, that said, the MJ might results in SNNNAAACKS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2019, 01:09 PM

29,748 posts, read 34,415,700 times
I've been working from home for the past 3 days because of the weather, and I am getting stir crazy. I don't know how people who do this every day manage. I probably could have gone in for a half day today, once the roads cleared up, but I'm still in the loaner car from my car accident and I don't know how it would go in the snow. And it's Friday, so going in for the afternoon felt pointless, anyway.

Old 02-01-2019, 02:48 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,871,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I've been working from home for the past 3 days because of the weather, and I am getting stir crazy. I don't know how people who do this every day manage. I probably could have gone in for a half day today, once the roads cleared up, but I'm still in the loaner car from my car accident and I don't know how it would go in the snow. And it's Friday, so going in for the afternoon felt pointless, anyway.
The radio. NPR tiny desk concerts. Can't imagine ever going back. So far. So much better than being forced to listen to other people's gibberish.

Old 02-01-2019, 02:56 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Have you ever driven in So Cal?

My office is 18.9 miles door to door. Some days those 18 miles can take 2 hours to drive.

I'd love to be able to work from home more often. I get a belly full of people enough as it is with this new job I have.

Old 02-01-2019, 03:28 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,476,969 times
Quote:
It's feels great the first year of telework but it wears off to be honest.

I'm an introverted quiet loner IRL, but even I go into office on more than 1/2 of the handful of telework days I get each month. I need a human connection even if it's just a nod or hello. Now it's a God send when weather is bad or I'm too sick to go in but have a deadline to meet. But i could never telework full time or even a 1/4. One thing you can do to not go stir crazy is to visit local library, if you don't need to make a bunch of calls. At least you'll be around some people and out of house.

Old 02-01-2019, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
It's feels great the first year of telework but it wears off to be honest.

I'm an introverted quiet loner IRL, but even I go into office on more than 1/2 of the handful of telework days I get each month. I need a human connection even if it's just a nod or hello. Now it's a God send when weather is bad or I'm too sick to go in but have a deadline to meet. But i could never telework full time or even a 1/4. One thing you can do to not go stir crazy is to visit local library, if you don't need to make a bunch of calls. At least you'll be around some people and out of house.
The library is a good idea.

I used to work in "the field" more in my last job and there were days that I'd pop into a library and use the internet access and try and get some work done. It's nice and quiet.

I used to do that same thing at Starbucks once in a while but those can be kind of crowded and noisy at times.

Old 02-01-2019, 11:06 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,444,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The library is a good idea.

I used to work in "the field" more in my last job and there were days that I'd pop into a library and use the internet access and try and get some work done. It's nice and quiet.

I used to do that same thing at Starbucks once in a while but those can be kind of crowded and noisy at times.
The last recent time I met a friend at Starbucks to work on her resume with her, there were no free tables so I asked a guy who was standing up putting on his hoodie if he was coming or going. Turned out he was staying but didn't mind sharing the table.

To say he was acting strange would be an understatement. We were there for several hours and for a long time I noticed he left his newspaper and backpack. I assumed he was outside smoking. Turns out, the entire time I was talking and working with my friend, seated to my right, he had pulled up a chair to my immediate left and was sitting there watching me. When my friend stepped away to use the bathroom, he swooped in to tell me I didn't have to worry about my purse because he's not a thief, then complained about the staff and the security guard outside harassing him for panhandling. He kept going on about how people will buy him frappuccinos. Yeah, ok dude.

It was at this point I realized he hadn't ordered a drink the entire afternoon, he was just 'hanging around.' The whole scenario just creeped me out to no end. When my friend came back I told her what happened and we agreed to call it a night. I haven't been back since.

Old 02-01-2019, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
The last recent time I met a friend at Starbucks to work on her resume with her, there were no free tables so I asked a guy who was standing up putting on his hoodie if he was coming or going. Turned out he was staying but didn't mind sharing the table.

To say he was acting strange would be an understatement. We were there for several hours and for a long time I noticed he left his newspaper and backpack. I assumed he was outside smoking. Turns out, the entire time I was talking and working with my friend, seated to my right, he had pulled up a chair to my immediate left and was sitting there watching me. When my friend stepped away to use the bathroom, he swooped in to tell me I didn't have to worry about my purse because he's not a thief, then complained about the staff and the security guard outside harassing him for panhandling. He kept going on about how people will buy him frappuccinos. Yeah, ok dude.

It was at this point I realized he hadn't ordered a drink the entire afternoon, he was just 'hanging around.' The whole scenario just creeped me out to no end. When my friend came back I told her what happened and we agreed to call it a night. I haven't been back since.
With your comments and the recent events the last several months I'd like to be able to voice my concerns about how businesses handle their business but current practices pretty much ensure that people just keep their mouths shut. It's not worth the grief........

Old 02-02-2019, 06:17 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
Quote:
It is the worst thing for a homebody to work for home. I lost my mind when I have to do it one day a month or because of snow. Of course, the fact I hate my FT job currently doesn’t help. But at least I leave the small townhouse I live in for a few hours. Being a Lyft driver PT at least you can’t get bored with the setting.

Old 02-04-2019, 09:56 AM

880 posts, read 532,537 times
Just realized its Chinese new year tomorrow! Gung he fat choi everybody. I'm so sad i cant binge eat my favorite Chinese foods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships