Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2019, 12:36 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,795,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah, with that front grill and the taller doors it has an old school sorta gangster vibe going on. The black ones with the polished 20s look pretty sweet.

Carmax and Cargurus send me email updates. Trying to hold out till I get my tax refund check, but it's getting hard.

I'm thinking of it as my 50th bday gift. Lol.
Do it! Enjoy it. The 3.6 has ample giddy up. I have 18s” on my ride. The factory wheels look sharp on mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2019, 01:49 AM

52,287 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Do it! Enjoy it. The 3.6 has ample giddy up. I have 18s” on my ride. The factory wheels look sharp on mine.
Lol, yeah, all the encouragement I can use. I have this thing about buying things, almost pathological in the sense that I can't spend money unless truly truly needed. I don't need this car.

I know, we'll all be dead at some point and I should lighten up sometimes.

Old 12-29-2019, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Lol, yeah, all the encouragement I can use. I have this thing about buying things, almost pathological in the sense that I can't spend money unless truly truly needed. I don't need this car.

I am with you there. I can usually justify buying something. Some things you can’t justify. If I would have bought a Charger or Challenger that would have been dumb. No room to haul the hounds.

Old 12-29-2019, 02:46 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,650,514 times
Quote:

Chow, if you can't afford a new ride, buy one you like a few years old.
You won't get any of the enjoyment driving it after you pass on. Right?

Old 12-29-2019, 04:56 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,971,833 times
This weekend I learned how to make butter and how to butcher a chicken! Yuck! Lol
I am not squish and I’ve seen my grandmother do it, but it was kind of icky doing it myself. Lol
Wasn’t sure I wanted to eat it, but I did and it was pretty good. It tastes different than store bought.
My neighbors across the road raise their own meat and grow their own fruit and veggies in a huge
greenhouse. The husband works in the city and the wife tend the animals and veggies and their kids.
It was fun to learn, but we have some good butcher shops and grocery stores in Avignon. lol

Old 12-29-2019, 05:18 PM

Quote:
I am with you there. I can usually justify buying something. Some things you can’t justify. If I would have bought a Charger or Challenger that would have been dumb. No room to haul the hounds.
Yeah, I've liked all three of these cars. Dodge Chrysler hit a home run in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Chow, if you can't afford a new ride, buy one you like a few years old.
You won't get any of the enjoyment driving it after you pass on. Right?
I'll never buy brand new again, read too many financial advice articles that talk about buying something newer but to avoid driving a brand new car off of the lot.

Let someone else take the depreciation hit.

Old 12-29-2019, 06:25 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,650,514 times
Quote:
Yeah, I've liked all three of these cars. Dodge Chrysler hit a home run in my opinion.

I'll never buy brand new again, read too many financial advice articles that talk about buying something newer but to avoid driving a brand new car off of the lot.

I live in the forested mountains,with a very steep, long, shale rock/gravel logging road driveway.
I usually buy 4x4 pickups from the 90's years, with an aggressive tread tires.
Although 2 years 6 months ago, i did buy a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 with 4.0L 6 cylinder engine & many bells & whistles, for $4500. She's been a great ride...

Old 12-30-2019, 05:14 AM

Quote:

I wouldn’t go brand new. If I were to go brand new, I would keep it for a long time. It would lessen the initial blow of depreciation.

The heated steering wheel is something else.

Old 12-30-2019, 10:57 AM

Quote:
I wouldn’t go brand new. If I were to go brand new, I would keep it for a long time. It would lessen the initial blow of depreciation.

The heated steering wheel is something else.
Keeping the car a long time would be wise in that case. Cars are built great these days, take care of them and do all the maintenance I'm hearing you can get 200k out of them pretty easily. So I hear anyway.

Old 12-30-2019, 12:04 PM

My pickup is closing in on 200,000 miles. It is diesel and should go for another 200,000 miles. I have 42,000 miles on my new ride. It has been 20 years since I had a ride with that low of mileage. Even the company truck had 46,000 miles on it when I started driving that one around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships