Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2020, 11:52 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,647,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Hey you! .....Where you been hiding out? Lol
Hey Beautiful Mom:
Lately, i've been fishing/camping/exploring out in the boonies from some shady spots, trying to stay COOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2020, 11:57 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,969,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Hey Beautiful Mom:
Lately, i've been fishing/camping/exploring out in the boonies from some shady spots, trying to stay COOL
Our weather seemed to change overnight. We went from high to 80’s to mid 90’s and now we’re looking at daytime highs in the low to mid 60’s .... it’s like someone flipped a switch from one day to the next. We just had 4 days of rain and it’s looking like there’s 3 or 4 days more coming next week.

Old 10-12-2020, 12:17 AM

17,639 posts, read 22,647,543 times
Quote:
Our weather seemed to change overnight. We went from high to 80’s to mid 90’s and now we’re looking at daytime highs in the low to mid 60’s .... it’s like someone flipped a switch from one day to the next. We just had 4 days of rain and it’s looking like there’s 3 or 4 days more coming next week.
We need rain badly. Our water levels are down. We haven't had anything but a few sprinkles a couple times, in the last 4 months or more...

Old 10-12-2020, 01:01 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Eddie, Rest In Peace.

During your life, you have been blessed with the love of two wonderful women.
We were out to dinner earlier last week, I think a day or so after he passed and there were a couple of older guys at the next table over talking about Eddie Van Halen. They were talking about his talent and the impact the band had on music and with him in particular on guitar players.

It still seems so weird that he's gone. VH has been pretty off and on for a long time now and it's a shame that they spent so much time fighting amongst themselves and not more time making music, but it is what it is I guess.

Old 10-12-2020, 02:22 PM

2,227 posts, read 1,405,099 times
Brace yourselves, winter is coming. I hope this one is like last year and we don’t go below zero. The coldest I've experienced was -22 F, not including windchill. North Dakota reached -58 that winter. Damn that’s cold. Wonder how people started their cars the next day.

Old 10-13-2020, 02:00 PM

We went car shopping today. Our little family has grown from just two...to 5 (counting Andre’s mom). We just have the Toyota p/u...... and between us, the babies, their seats and gear we’re gonna need a bigger boat. I HATE CAR SHOPPING!

Old 10-13-2020, 02:14 PM

2,227 posts, read 1,405,099 times
Quote:
We went car shopping today. Our little family has grown from just two...to 5 (counting Andre’s mom). We just have the Toyota p/u...... and between us, the babies, their seats and gear we’re gonna need a bigger boat. I HATE CAR SHOPPING!
I love car shopping, but then again, I work in the auto industry so I know how to snag the right deal with the engine I want. Too bad you don’t get land yachts like the Yukon or Expedition in Europe.
The dealership is having a fire sale with the 2020 Yukon’s so that they can stock the brand new 2021’s, but the ones that have a 6.2 have been sold out.

Old 10-13-2020, 02:48 PM

20,396 posts, read 14,673,179 times
I've been chewing on the idea of getting a new vehicle. I'm going to wait until next year, after I get my review and do my taxes and a few financial questions have answers...oh, and after I get my last name changed! This has been frustrating. In Colorado, the last name change isn't part of the marriage license/certificate process, you have to begin by going to Social Security. And the local office has been closed due to Covid, and they asked that people MAIL their documents and forms to do business with them, but they don't take copies of anything, it's got to be originals. Don't worry, they say, we'll mail everything back to you. Right, but to prove my identity, they need my driver's license. It's not like one gets a spare one of those, and I'm not about to send that off in the mail...it's bananas. So I'm just waiting. I should check again, maybe they decided to open the physical locations since I looked... Anyways. Cars.

I've been a minivan driver (Dodge Caravans) my whole adult life. I love them. But I'm wanting something a little smaller, a little sportier looking, and a little more fuel efficient...but still with some cargo space above what a sedan typically has going on. That, I think, puts me in crossover territory, and I've been developing quite an interest in the 2020 Mazda CX-5 Touring (and Grand Touring) models.... I wonder if I should hit the automotive subforum and see what people's opinions of them are. Hm.

I love the researching-online part of "car shopping" but I hate dealing with the dealership people and the various little games and tricks they try to pull.

Old 10-13-2020, 03:13 PM

I’d rather buy a six seater airplane but they’re just not convenient for going to the market or church.
Lol
Sonic... I enjoy looking at ads for airplanes and researching their specs. I’ve already got a spot picked out for a future runway and small hangar. One day! Lol
I like small fast sporty type cars, but I am ambivalent about most utility type vehicles. Just give me something to haul my junk, is good in weather and I am good.

Old 10-13-2020, 04:45 PM

20,396 posts, read 14,673,179 times
Quote:
I’d rather buy a six seater airplane but they’re just not convenient for going to the market or church.
Lol
Sonic... I enjoy looking at ads for airplanes and researching their specs. I’ve already got a spot picked out for a future runway and small hangar. One day! Lol
I like small fast sporty type cars, but I am ambivalent about most utility type vehicles. Just give me something to haul my junk, is good in weather and I am good.
Things I loved about my Dodge Caravans... I can haul anything. Just put the seats down and the cargo room is INSANE. Brand new full size washer & dryer in their boxes? No problem. Queen size bed? No problem. I moved without renting a vehicle, it was nice. And the ride was super comfortable, I don't need an off-roader but I like to be comfortable on long drives. It was not exactly fuel efficient, but better than some of the beastly big trucks and SUVs. The front wheel drive and the big heavy engine's weight over the front end helped it to actually be surprisingly great in snow, I felt really confident about driving in bad weather. And somehow over the years, I observed that a speeding Mom-van is weirdly invisible to State Troopers. On countless road trips down long, lonely, boring highway stretches, I'd blow by doing 95 in a 75 or something, spot a lurking cop, be sure that any second I'd be pulled over...and nope. Nothing. Random luck or minivan mojo, I can't say...

But I feel like it's just too much vehicle for my needs, now that my kids have moved out. I want something that feels a bit more modern, a bit less box-on-wheels, (so definitely not going into boxy-SUV territory) and is hopefully somewhat more fuel efficient and maneuverable. I love the looks of some of the Nissan models (Juke is adorable but too tiny, Rogue is nice looking) but I hear very mixed thoughts about their transmissions, and some handling issues that make me hesitate. But the Mazdas seem to have pretty good reviews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships