Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2016, 08:26 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
I used get a chuckle from The Red Green Show.
I still do.

Keep your stick on the ice. And if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2016, 11:08 AM

4,005 posts, read 4,108,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I still do.

Keep your stick on the ice. And if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
LOL. One of my favorite sayings. I thought of exactly that when you brought up comedy shows the other day. I haven't seen it in ages.

Old 07-31-2016, 11:22 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,495,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbcrazycatlady View Post
Yeah, elusive like trying to feed a wild fox or flying squirrel, comes close- takes the cookie out of my hand, scampers away. Then waiting at the window. I think men are actually more afraid then women of relationships.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Men are more afraid. We're not supposed to be "hurt and cry" we're supposed to be stoic and all of that other crap. LOL.

Women can be mean as hell too.
Fear of rejection and all that rot.

After 25 years "off the market" I was downright scared to ask a woman out. Dating in the '90s seemed so much different than it was in the '60s. I didn't feel secure until I picked her up and she was actually in the car with me.

That may sound pitiful at age 50 but it was what it was.

Old 07-31-2016, 11:36 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,535,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Fear of rejection and all that rot.

After 25 years "off the market" I was downright scared to ask a woman out. Dating in the '90s seemed so much different than it was in the '60s. I didn't feel secure until I picked her up and she was actually in the car with me.

That may sound pitiful at age 50 but it was what it was.
No not at all mate

People that have been in a very long term relationship say 10/20 years for example if it breaks up then they will be very out of touch and in effect new to dating .....

It's a very valid point and one that gets overlooked

Old 07-31-2016, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
No not at all mate

People that have been in a very long term relationship say 10/20 years for example if it breaks up then they will be very out of touch and in effect new to dating .....

It's a very valid point and one that gets overlooked
Thank you! I was off the market for 27 years and was decidedly out of touch.

Old 07-31-2016, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Thank you! I was off the market for 27 years and was decidedly out of touch.
That's a life time for some people LOL.

I'm sure at one point I'll be a beginner and have my " L plates " on again

Old 07-31-2016, 02:41 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,108,969 times
It IS very nerve-wrecking (dating, I mean). These forums are proof. If a person uses "the wrong word", they can be in trouble. It's completely silly, and the world has gone crazy.

Old 07-31-2016, 02:50 PM

Quote:
It IS very nerve-wrecking (dating, I mean). These forums are proof. If a person uses "the wrong word", they can be in trouble. It's completely silly, and the world has gone crazy.
To be honest I wouldn't put too much stamp in these forums my love..... I can't think of anyone that has this much trouble in dating with quite a few of the people on here ...... If honest it's mostly self inflicted and not too true to reality.

How are you keeping gel? .... Again for you WE are ALL here for anything Hun

Old 07-31-2016, 02:59 PM

Quote:
As time goes on, people become more discerning and more demanding. At the same time they become more distant. If you don't fit their idea of what they want or deserve right off the top you're out of the car. That's one of the problems of posting a profile. People blow one another off before ever meeting and getting to know them. That's why I'm a fan of finding dates the old fashioned way, face-to-face and in common settings whether it be work related, socially thanks to mutual interests or friends, at venues of common pursuits, etc. It breaks the ice, you already have a commonality and therefore something you can begin talking about and get to know the person. Then you either click or you don't. Better than bad dates!

Old 07-31-2016, 03:02 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:

LOL, no doubt. I found out very recently that we need to be sure to use the exact correct PC words.

I think that some people really do get off on the power trip of shaming others and having that pious moral high ground proudly lecturing from atop of their soapboxes running around playing social justice warrior, especially from the safety of their computers. I see it a lot in the POC forum especially.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships