Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2018, 05:29 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,758,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Realized something while having a conversation with a friend today.

I have no shame regarding my sexual history whatsoever. But you know a fact of my personal history that I am kind of ashamed of? I used to play Farmville. I finally quit when I managed to collect all of the Halloween themed promotional nonsense and filled up my max-size farm with it. I can admit it, but I'm not proud of it...
I never got the urge to play that game because my old pastor grew up in Farmville, VA and he described how crazy he thought it was for people to pay money to get into Farmville and he paid hella college tuition to get OUT of Farmville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2018, 09:03 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,650,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Running, Are you going to the New Age Fest?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
As in the one in California? Nah, I won’t be at that.
The Monterey Jazz Festival is Sept 21-23......Good Times.

https://www.seemonterey.com/events/m...estivals/jazz/

https://res.cloudinary.com/simplevie...1b820c017f.pdf

Old 05-17-2018, 09:21 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,870,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
I say we all meet up at Lollapalooza, Aug 2-5, in Chicago. I'm in.

Old 05-17-2018, 11:40 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,930,133 times
I actually looked up Lollapalooza’s lineup for this year, and was surprised to see that I haven’t even heard of many of the acts, but I don’t listen to radio rock or radio anything music. I saw The Weeknd was playing it, which the wife and her BFF love. They’ve already went to see him. I don’t care at all for him or most of the music she likes. I’ve heard of almost every band on the bill at Rock On The Range, but don’t listen to hardly any of them. I was also at one of the days of Carolina Rebelliom two weeks ago and one of the days of Welcome To Rockville, which was 10 minutes from my house in Jacksonville. A lot of the same bands are on the bill for all three fests. I think they’re all sponsored by Monster Energy and run by the same promoters. I’m only here working with one of the bands, but I do get to see any band I want on the day I’m here. So I can walk around the ground and check out who I want and roam as I please.

I gotta be honest, I don’t much care for these events. Bands love to play these fests, even if they have to fly in for one day from across the country, because they get paid more and only play a 30-40 minute set, unless they’re the headlining act. So the bands that I work with get paid more to play these big fests and play 30 minutes than they do to play a show on a headlining tour for 60 minutes, and I’m talking even in non-per diem pay.

Old 05-18-2018, 06:06 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Lollapalooza still exists?!?!! Well, damn. Haven't heard that name for like 10 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Ha, no thanks. I'd do New Orleans Jazzfest, or heck, even Newport first, but the tickets to these things are crazy expensive and not worth it to me. Moses Sumney is playing Newport and I'd like to see him, but no way for the price. It's annoying when bands/acts I want to see are pretty much only playing the fest circuit.

Old 05-18-2018, 11:56 AM

52,291 posts, read 52,723,379 times
My new position at work allows me to float around between multiple offices so today I'm in one near one of our projects and I've only been here once or twice before. I'm trucking through the office, like I do, and I see this woman that I swear is a dead ringer for that actress Lake Bell.

Heck, maybe it is her, she hasn't made too many flicks lately.
Attached Thumbnails
CDR Chat Thread #31-entertainment-2013-11-lake-bell.jpg  

Old 05-18-2018, 02:58 PM

602 posts, read 396,215 times
looks like Amanda Peet

Old 05-18-2018, 04:43 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,084,603 times
I was looking in my area. I saw that John Prine was going to be playing near me. Its not like Aerosmith or anything but someone I saw for $20 when I was a kid. I also saw Foghat, Charlie Daniels Band, The Doobie Brothers as headliners, playing with opening bands (separate concerts) for $20 per concert in my youth. I checked out the price for decent seats for John Prine now and I couldn't believe my eyes $345.00. Get out of the car!!! I could get cheaper seats where I would be watching him on a monitor because he would be a pinpoint on the stage for about $100.00.

I don't think I'll be seeing anyone in concert ever again, if prices in my area are indicative of how much decent seats at a concert go for these days. Sheyt I can watch him on a monitor at home (on Youtube) for free.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:15 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,678,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
I was looking in my area. I saw that John Prine was going to be playing near me. Its not like Aerosmith or anything but someone I saw for $20 when I was a kid. I also saw Foghat, Charlie Daniels Band, The Doobie Brothers as headliners, playing with opening bands (separate concerts) for $20 per concert in my youth. I checked out the price for decent seats for John Prine now and I couldn't believe my eyes $345.00. Get out of the car!!! I could get cheaper seats where I would be watching him on a monitor because he would be a pinpoint on the stage for about $100.00.

I don't think I'll be seeing anyone in concert ever again, if prices in my area are indicative of how much decent seats at a concert go for these days. Sheyt I can watch him on a monitor at home (on Youtube) for free.
It's one of the reasons I've continued to be involved with my favorite band, GWAR, for all these years. Sure, they might sometimes play the more expensive big festivals, which to me are a pain in the rear, so I don't usually go...but they have pretty consistently headlined over the years and played in small to mid-size venues and charged less than $30/ticket. That is the experience I am looking to have, not the seat in an arena watching the band on a monitor from a mile away, to the tune of hundreds of dollars. If they'd ever gotten that big, I'd have stopped seeing them.

Old 05-24-2018, 09:56 PM

32,946 posts, read 36,386,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post

Forget the car. Get outta town! I wouldn't pay that much to see him. I saw him years ago, too, when it was reasonable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships