Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2019, 11:20 PM

19,430 posts, read 15,255,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
Don't forget that women just go out with beta, stable provider types in order to score free meals only to go home with dominant Chads for post-prandial rides on the carousel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Good luck to you, Formerly Known As Twenty. I don't really understand why women (the whole of us) wouldn't prefer unstable, non-provider types as a partner, we must be nuts, but maybe you'll find one of those women soon.

Eating and carousel rides are fun. For the women, too.
Lol! Sorry, given your rep, I see I missed the sarcasm. Many, many posters use these terms, so I assumed it was the usual...

Weird that some will view some thoughts as humorous or sarcastic when others are completely serious about it, and vice versa, to the point that it causes confusion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2019, 03:06 AM

19,430 posts, read 15,255,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Thank You Sea...
I tried to rep you but couldn't...

I hope you & Chow have a beautiful coming week...
Take Care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
That reminds me, I haven't been to Magic Mountain in a while. They have the best carousel, and right next to it they sell funnel cakes and French fries. So glad I'm a woman, I get to eat AND ride the carousel.
That should have been included in these lyrics, lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJL4UGSbeFg

Last edited by SeaOfGrass; 06-24-2019 at 03:14 AM..

Old 06-24-2019, 05:01 AM

4,088 posts, read 2,564,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Lol! Sorry, given your rep, I see I missed the sarcasm. Many, many posters use these terms, so I assumed it was the usual...

Weird that some will view some thoughts as humorous or sarcastic when others are completely serious about it, and vice versa, to the point that it causes confusion.
It's all good! I've noticed the uptick in "those" sorts of posters of late, too, outside of our usual poster who uses all of those ridiculous "pill-ed" terms with great seriousness.

Old 06-24-2019, 06:14 AM

29,748 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
Don't forget that women just go out with beta, stable provider types in order to score free meals only to go home with dominant Chads for post-prandial rides on the carousel.
I, for one, can't wait to bestow sexual favors on an unstable, underemployed guy with an axe to grind (who I'm not attracted to,) because he probably deserves it.

Old 06-24-2019, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I, for one, can't wait to bestow sexual favors on an unstable, underemployed guy with an axe to grind (who I'm not attracted to,) because he probably deserves it.
Thanks for the morning snortle!

Old 06-24-2019, 09:17 AM

29,748 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
Thanks for the morning snortle!
It cracks me up when these dudes' big complaint is "women will only put out for guys who have their acts together and who they think are cute!" and I'm all, "yeah? Isn't that what we're supposed to be doing?"

Old 06-24-2019, 09:27 AM

Quote:
It cracks me up when these dudes' big complaint is "women will only put out for guys who have their acts together and who they think are cute!" and I'm all, "yeah? Isn't that what we're supposed to be doing?"
I thought that we only put out for the dominant bad boy Chads and eschew the stable providers until we pass our "best by" dates. At that point, we are so used up and desperate for a man to support us and the potential children that may or may not be the offspring of the stable provider that we deliberately target these vulnerable men.

Once we snag some poor ****** of a guy, he's no longer permitted to go out and play with the friends that he had prior to marriage--only with wife-approved couples' friends and only doing permitted activities with said friends

This ball-less guy also has to pick up his socks and do the dishes just so while living a sexless life of quiet and miserable desperation until divorce or death do he and his wife part.

That seems to be the running narrative, at any rate. *sigh*

Old 06-24-2019, 09:28 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,678,474 times
Quote:
The 80/20 thing is what slays me. So like, the "top" 20% of guys have an average of, what is it, four women each? Where is this happening?

(Though I hear about the old stories of John McAfee in the jungle with his harem and I laugh. I think he said that only 3 of them made serious attempts to murder him. I confess, I do find him somewhat fascinating. Is he a "Chad?" lol!! Somewhat more of a Zaphod if you ask me.)

We've got one, that I wonder does he ever actually leave his home and look around at actual people...
Another one I feel sorry for but I'm pretty sure he's in a place on the spectrum that human behavior might never make sense to him...
Another we haven't heard from in a while who scares the heck outta me...

However, we have our share of female "characters" too...I'm sure I qualify sometimes between the kink and the walls of text... And we've certainly got very likable male and female posters that I enjoy so much, they're what keeps me coming back, I think. Though a couple of my favorite guys around here have a habit of disappearing for long periods of time, and I wish I knew how they were doing. Especially UrbanSasquatch. I miss him.

Old 06-24-2019, 11:12 AM

52,289 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
I don't know where these guys on the forum here saying dumb stuff actually exist? I don't recall this level of dysfunction with guys getting women and toward women in general back when I was a kid. I just don't recall much of this. I've many times thought about my experiences growing up with other guys as buddies. I mean there was always some level of guys not being able to meet women but normal stuff we all go through in high school and the like. I don't recall there being all of this woman hate and anger.

I think online is just a way for the minority to have a larger voice in some ways. I know that there is always some guys, and girls for that matter that didn't do well with the opposite sex, that is nothing new. It's just these MGTOW, Red pill type of website make it seem like there are tons of woman haters out there.

Maybe there is, I don't know, maybe I'm out of touch. I will be 50 in a couple of months and I don't hang with younger guys like I used to. In my old position I worked with a lot more younger men in their mid to later 20s and even then I just didn't notice any real levels of woman hatred.

People tell you who they are when you are around them long enough.

Old 06-24-2019, 01:06 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,678,474 times
Anybody here watch the show "Fleabag" on Amazon Prime?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships