Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2019, 09:34 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,350,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I get why people would sympathize with bagel dude, but as a former supervisor in working with the public with a mostly female crew, when you start coming for my employees, I have no sympathy and my first thought is going to be to protect my employees and other customers. So he has problems dating due to his size, guess what a lot of people have problems dating due to crap they can’t control (exhibit A here) but taking it out on the first one you see just makes more trouble for you.
I agree. the guy was wrong, because you don't behave like that or treat people that way. He was irrational, because if someone has harmed him, assuming he's probably taken genuine abuse due to his size, these people aren't those people, and in any case you still don't treat people this way. And if someone can find a way to see this as justified and rational, which it isn't, his antics are still grossly ineffective.

And most people would easily recognize all of that, and this man can't, or he can and he chose to act against normal social etiquette and against his best interests. Which brings me back to a human being who is, or who firmly believes he is out of options. I have sympathy for people who feel this helpless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2019, 09:42 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,758,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Kind of related, too, are how those kinds of dudes reacted to the US Women's Soccer team winning. Like, a lot of guys were all, "they're full of themselves, aren't they?" Well, yes. And rightly so. Megan Rapinoe doesn't really care that some neckbeard thinks she's not F-able.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I’ve read some of that too: “They think they deserve equal pay! Snicker! Maybe if they pulled in enough revenue Hee!”

I need a week in a cabin in the woods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
Definitely think they deserve equal pay. But I'm also waiting for this team leader's 15 minutes to be up.
I did a little research on the equal pay issue. There is a strong argument the women’s team has since they are almost dead even as far as revenue goes. But the TV contract situation and FIFA’s role make it a little complicated since both lend themselves into more revenue opportunity for men. But working conditions are without dispute highly unequal and need to be addressed.

Old 07-12-2019, 09:43 AM

29,748 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
And most people would easily recognize all of that, and this man can't, or he can and he chose to act against normal social etiquette and against his best interests. Which brings me back to a human being who is, or who firmly believes he is out of options. I have sympathy for people who feel this helpless.
It's easy to say, "oh, what a poor human being" from a distance, though. Obviously this man has been damaged in some way, but if I'd been in that bagel shop that day, I would have been frightened of him, and concerned that that man would be a threat to me. An actual, physical threat. Other men with the same complaints as he has brandish weapons and have hurt and killed innocent people.

Old 07-12-2019, 10:22 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,350,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
It's easy to say, "oh, what a poor human being" from a distance, though. Obviously this man has been damaged in some way, but if I'd been in that bagel shop that day, I would have been frightened of him, and concerned that that man would be a threat to me. An actual, physical threat. Other men with the same complaints as he has brandish weapons and have hurt and killed innocent people.
I fully understand why you would feel this way (in bold). That's why I said there's nothing right about how this man behaved. That doesn't stop me from feeling sympathy for him as a person.

Old 07-12-2019, 11:22 AM

52,289 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
I fully understand why you would feel this way (in bold). That's why I said there's nothing right about how this man behaved. That doesn't stop me from feeling sympathy for him as a person.

Yeah, I'd agree, I would say the same thing if it were a woman having a meltdown.

I saw a vid of a woman at coffee shop that was caught on security cameras having a meltdown screaming at the employee there and then she bent over pulled down her pants, dropped a pile and then turns around and proceeds to throw it at the employee and all over the menu wall.

That most certainly was wrong as hell, but I still had to wonder how the hell did she get to that state, doesn't excuse that disgusting behavior and they way she was acting she might have well gone on to threaten other people besides the cashier, the vid cut out fairly shortly. I sorta felt a tinge of pity on how a human can lower themselves that way.

Did I condone it, hell no, but I had a glimmer of some minor level of pity for the woman. And the cashier, more so, obviously.

Last edited by Chowhound; 07-12-2019 at 11:32 AM..

Old 07-12-2019, 01:02 PM

23,175 posts, read 26,211,073 times
Quote:
No legitimate and sincere reason for his videos but quite honestly, if around 5'6" is generally considered "Short" imagine a guy only 5 foot.
I have known some but they were jockys so had an advantage because of their professions

Old 07-12-2019, 01:39 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,870,295 times
This guy's height is not his problem. I didn't even notice his height.

Old 07-12-2019, 01:41 PM

19,430 posts, read 15,255,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
No legitimate and sincere reason for his videos but quite honestly, if around 5'6" is generally considered "Short" imagine a guy only 5 foot.
I have known some but they were jockys so had an advantage because of their professions
I'm curious, what are you referring to here? Does he regularly post videos about these injustices or something? Is he a "professional" woman-hater? Because the way it's being described, he asked more than one of the female employees out. So if he's just going in there and asking all of them, instead of actually being real and asking someone he really liked, it, again, makes it sound like a setup so he can offer it up as "proof" of what he's complaining about. And when he was yelling, it was like he was trying to list out all the standard grievances the women-bashers have, make sure he got the whole litany in.

Anyway, I still stand by my other posts.

Old 07-12-2019, 01:47 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,870,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I'm curious, what are you referring to here? Does he regularly post videos about these injustices or something? Is he a "professional" woman-hater? Because the way it's being described, he asked more than one of the female employees out. So if he's just going in there and asking all of them, instead of actually being real and asking someone he really liked, it, again, makes it sound like a setup so he can offer it up as "proof" of what he's complaining about. And when he was yelling, it was like he was trying to list out all the standard grievances the women-bashers have, make sure he got the whole litany in.

Anyway, I still stand by my other posts.
google bagel guy you tube.

Old 07-12-2019, 01:55 PM

19,430 posts, read 15,255,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
google bagel guy you tube.
Ohhhhhh, okay. Thanks for explaining. I think I'd rather not, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships