Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2019, 10:36 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,444,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I don't know, I might get raked over the coals for this, but I saw a lot of pain, and rage, and frustration there. While we don't see the beginning of the altercation, of course he can't be acting that way, he was way out of line. But he says he's tired of being laughed at, and then had to endure more of being laughed at.

I admit I get tired of the guys who constantly post here attacking all women out of the blue, and, mostly out of irritation from the monotony and repetition of it, I will snipe back sometimes. But we're seeing the real person here, and he's revealing how his life goes. I can't help but feel for him in that regard. AGAIN, I'm not excusing his behavior, but I can see where it came from.

I also don't like how anything and everything can be recorded for everyone to see, forever. It's good in instances of real crime, of course, and other things, but now EVERYONE gets to laugh at him. Obviously, I'm guilty of watching it, too.
Someone posted the following in response to the bagel dude's video. I think it is spot on.

Quote:
The point is that with incels, nice guys, and misogynists (like racists and neo nazis and such), it all begins with self-loathing. All of it. They don't know how to grow, to have a relationship with themselves, to balance their regrets and work on their flaws. They hate themselves, and because they hate themselves, they pity themselves.
Self-pity feels good. It validates and gives meaning to their self inflicted wounds, it fulfills all its own prophecies. And that self-pity grows. Suddenly, they don't have anything to offer a woman because they aren't special. Suddenly, they are special, not because of what they are but because what everyone else isn't. Suddenly everyone who isn't them is a Chad and an *******, a genetic adonis who's born into entitlement but is nothing more than a simpleton and womanizer. And now, suddenly, they are special. Suddenly they have something to offer, what no one else can offer: niceness.
Why niceness? Because niceness is easy, niceness is doable. It doesn't require any skill or experience like being a good listener, or a gentlemen, or being charming (in their eyes). And most of all, because that's how love and relationships work in movies and video games. That's what girls are always responding to. Insulated in their isolation, that's how they learn how it works.
And of course, naturally, girls become less human and more functions; insert niceness, extract sex. That's where those self-titled pick up artists get all their audiences from. A crowd of people who look at women as livestock, to be studied and understood, to be worked and trained. Courting a woman becomes a technical process, where you do moves and use lines and create a reaction, and if women don't react as you planned, as you were taught they would, then they aren't women; they're broken. They are anomalies to the the technical process. They're sluts and lusting whores and idiots. They just want big dicks and bigger arms, strong chins and tall guys. Women are just animals. Lesser, stupider, primal.
Imagine how these guys, who've gone through this whole transformation, going into their shell consumed in self-loathing and finally emerging, armoured with a new kind of confidence in their "self-training" with all these ideas of how it's supposed to go. And it doesn't go like that...so it's back to that self-loathing. It undoes everything they've insulated themselves in, rebuilt themselves on. 'I came out better so how could I be worse?!' So what do they do? They find communities who will lick their wounds and bolster their beliefs. "No THEY aren't wrong, the WOMEN are wrong!". They find incel forums and rally behind misogynist writings and ideas. The arrogance turns into elitism and the elitism to tribalism. They're a team of unappreciated, victimized "exceptionals" and the world is a system that is built against them.
It spirals on and on, down and down. And under all of it, in the basement of all those foundations, is a person who hates himself and doesn't how to deal with it. Whether it's incels and nice guys, whether it's racists and Trump supporters, whether it's religious zealots and homophobia. All their ideologies and self-victimizations, their beliefs and values, are all grown out of the same soil of self-pity and self-loathing. They become special by making others lesser. What little ego they have is fragile and must be protected, at all cost because...it's the only way they know how to like themselves.
It would be tragic if it wasn't so contemptible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2019, 10:40 AM

19,430 posts, read 15,259,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Ah, sorry for distracting you!! No more posting! Hope you make it for your appointment thing!

Read this later, you!

The story written before the video began was that he came in and was trying to proposition the female employees of the place or something. I can only assume that none of them appreciated his "approach" and that's what set him off on how women everywhere are mocking him and so on.

As for me, and emotions...yeah. I have mixed feelings about how I am. On the one hand I do like being in control of myself, and the idea of making any kind of a scene horrifies me, and I think that people do need to find a way (as responsible adults and participants in society) to control themselves. I mean I look at that, and I know others who would agree with you that sometimes you lose that control, and it just happens...but I can't imagine feeling free to do that. Like would I not get arrested? I don't want to get arrested. How do you live, I mean, I'd lose my job, what about my kids? I can't go to jail because the anger just built up and I had a human moment and let it out in public!

I don't understand how some people can do that and it's ok.

But expressing strong emotion really never got me anywhere. If anything it always made things worse. Some people say they need to cry sometimes, it's cathartic and healthy. I never feel better if I cry. Only humiliated if anyone sees, and headachy and snotty and unpleasant even if they don't. Maybe I'm just too genetically British. They do say that it's a rather British thing to do, repressing one's emotions and not making a fuss.

I cannot decide if it is healthy or unhealthy, but I'm still here, getting through another day. My brain does not appear to have exploded out of my ears. So it must be alright, I guess.
Lol...

Yeah, I saw that part. Who knows, maybe he was itching for a fight so he could voice his rant.

Oh, I ABHOR making a scene. No, I'm not talking about that. Yeah, this guy had a full-on meltdown. I'm just saying that things don't always come out calmly and rationally. When I say this, I think I'm more imagining in my head arguments with your spouse/mate, people you're close to. I don't mean a screaming rant, just like snapping back at something or being grouchy, or you're stressed to the gills and have a mini-blowout. I know some people say they never argue, they just calmly work it out like adults are supposed to do. I don't understand THAT. lol

Old 07-11-2019, 10:42 AM

19,430 posts, read 15,259,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Someone posted the following in response to the bagel dude's video. I think it is spot on.
Okay, I really have to go now! I'll read this later.

Old 07-11-2019, 11:56 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,007,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
https://youtu.be/g4F6fOLj4eI

Ladies please be careful when you're out by yourselves and notice strange behavior such as this. I'm thinking about getting some bear mace/spray, taser gun, knife, etc.
This is so scary. You never know who's off their rocker.

What is this guy thinking? Acts like he's just going to go home with her and she'll be ok with it.

Old 07-11-2019, 12:45 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,870,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
This is so scary. You never know who's off their rocker.

What is this guy thinking? Acts like he's just going to go home with her and she'll be ok with it.
That makes me mad. What if it was dark or she didn't have her wits about her to start recording, it seems that's all that really stopped him from being aggressive...

ETA: Wait a minute...this reminds me of the kind of Phone Dementia I get when I'm racing around the house looking for my phone, with my phone in my hand, and just about to text that-- I'll be late because... I can't find my phone. Is there some reason she was walking back to the store and asking someone to call 911, when she was talking into a phone??

Last edited by RbccL; 07-11-2019 at 12:54 PM..

Old 07-11-2019, 01:06 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,725,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
That makes me mad. What if it was dark or she didn't have her wits about her to start recording, it seems that's all that really stopped him from being aggressive...

ETA: Wait a minute...this reminds me of the kind of Phone Dementia I get when I'm racing around the house looking for my phone, with my phone in my hand, and just about to text that-- I'll be late because... I can't find my phone. Is there some reason she was walking back to the store and asking someone to call 911, when she was talking into a phone??
She was probably thinking if she stopped recording or took the camera off of him, he would've snatch her phone and broke it. But then again, it sounded there were other people around, so I'm not sure. She could've fallen victim to what you mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Here is an inexpensive keychain you can use to take out a stalker or even a stray dog if you're in defense mode:

https://www.amazon.com/CJESLNA-Self-...fishing&sr=1-1

Thank goodness I bought my sap years ago on Amazon. I tried looking for one to post here, but saps and slapjacks aren't available on Amazon any longer, based on my cursory search. They also sold a sap cap, looks like a ball cap but is actually loaded with lead and you can take it off your head and give the bad guy a couple of targeted blows with it. There was a disclaimer when I bought these items that some states it is illegal to own, perhaps that's why they aren't there anymore.

All these laws against being allowed to buy defensive tools means only the bad guys have them (or those of us who have good reason to be ready to defend themselves).

Kelly Herron fought off her would be rapist, here she is wearing a shirt inspired by her experience. It quotes what she said to her attacker, and the path she took while evading and beating him as per her fitness tracker.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/110901209559607954/

Be Prepared - Not just for Boy Scouts anymore.
Thanks for the tips and links!

Old 07-11-2019, 03:16 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,350,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I don't know, I might get raked over the coals for this, but I saw a lot of pain, and rage, and frustration there. While we don't see the beginning of the altercation, of course he can't be acting that way, he was way out of line. But he says he's tired of being laughed at, and then had to endure more of being laughed at.

I admit I get tired of the guys who constantly post here attacking all women out of the blue, and, mostly out of irritation from the monotony and repetition of it, I will snipe back sometimes. But we're seeing the real person here, and he's revealing how his life goes. I can't help but feel for him in that regard. AGAIN, I'm not excusing his behavior, but I can see where it came from.

I also don't like how anything and everything can be recorded for everyone to see, forever. It's good in instances of real crime, of course, and other things, but now EVERYONE gets to laugh at him. Obviously, I'm guilty of watching it, too.
I feel bad for bagel guy, too. I can't defend any of his behavior, but I think we're seeing a human being unravel in that video. I find it sad.

Old 07-11-2019, 03:27 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,678,474 times
I'm not knocking the sympathy people have for the fellow's feelings. But there is a thread in Psych right now about female "rage" specifically, and I am fleetingly contemplating if it were a video of a woman acting like that (and I know there are vids of women losing it in public) would there be any sympathy or just judgment.

To me though, that also touches on the thing where a lot of men have no real outlet for dealing with or sharing pain, which is clearly what's underneath and behind all of this, and they express it as anger. Hm. Just stuff I'm pondering.

Old 07-11-2019, 03:29 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,007,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
I feel bad for bagel guy, too. I can't defend any of his behavior, but I think we're seeing a human being unravel in that video. I find it sad.
This guy is bad news.

Old 07-11-2019, 03:36 PM

29,748 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I'm not knocking the sympathy people have for the fellow's feelings. But there is a thread in Psych right now about female "rage" specifically, and I am fleetingly contemplating if it were a video of a woman acting like that (and I know there are vids of women losing it in public) would there be any sympathy or just judgment.

To me though, that also touches on the thing where a lot of men have no real outlet for dealing with or sharing pain, which is clearly what's underneath and behind all of this, and they express it as anger. Hm. Just stuff I'm pondering.
I'd give you all the rep points for your commentary in that rage thread, but I can't just yet. There's a lot of societal baggage on display there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships