Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2019, 03:43 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,678,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I'd give you all the rep points for your commentary in that rage thread, but I can't just yet. There's a lot of societal baggage on display there.
Thank you. It's a weird subject honestly. Because I'm like "what kind of anger are we even talking about here?" What that word means to different people, varies. And since the word "rage" is in the thread title, I assumed we were not talking about a little tiff with a domestic partner, but like actual...rage. Which in my case is reserved for really serious crap, not trifling matters or moody moods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2019, 03:47 PM

29,748 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Thank you. It's a weird subject honestly. Because I'm like "what kind of anger are we even talking about here?" What that word means to different people, varies. And since the word "rage" is in the thread title, I assumed we were not talking about a little tiff with a domestic partner, but like actual...rage. Which in my case is reserved for really serious crap, not trifling matters or moody moods.
And then of course there's the rage one feels when dudes post things like, "be sweet, ladies. Men don't like it when you're mad" and it doesn't seem like they're joking...

Old 07-11-2019, 04:27 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,678,474 times
Quote:
And then of course there's the rage one feels when dudes post things like, "be sweet, ladies. Men don't like it when you're mad" and it doesn't seem like they're joking...
Oh now that, I don't have any particular issue with. I'm not one struggling to get a date so I can just laugh at someone trying to tell me how to act so that men will like me. It is like me trying to 'splain investing to a rich person. Silly. I'm like "sit down, Scooter, I'm not the one needing to be schooled in making friends and influencing others. Thanks."

It doesn't matter if they're joking. They're a joke.

Old 07-11-2019, 06:19 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,870,295 times
....and then they have to go and change their name again, mid-thread. I can’t deal with bullies like that anymore. The “calm down” type who are letting you know what the Real People think. Then I recognize their speech pattern or unique misspelling of a word, and realized they also have a disposable sock puppet. One can only have one account, so their sock puppet has to keep getting thrown out. Pitiful.

I had a friend who was married to a bully-man like that. He was always snickering at “upset wimmenz” or “hunting dumb animalz”. The last time I hung out with her, she quietly said:”If I keep picturing hitting someone over the head with a frying pan, does that make me desensitized, like more or less apt to eventually follow through?”

I told her I didn’t hear a thing she just said.

Old 07-11-2019, 06:34 PM

29,748 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Kind of related, too, are how those kinds of dudes reacted to the US Women's Soccer team winning. Like, a lot of guys were all, "they're full of themselves, aren't they?" Well, yes. And rightly so. Megan Rapinoe doesn't really care that some neckbeard thinks she's not F-able.

Old 07-11-2019, 06:49 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,870,295 times
Quote:
Kind of related, too, are how those kinds of dudes reacted to the US Women's Soccer team winning. Like, a lot of guys were all, "they're full of themselves, aren't they?" Well, yes. And rightly so. Megan Rapinoe doesn't really care that some neckbeard thinks she's not F-able.
I’ve read some of that too: “They think they deserve equal pay! Snicker! Maybe if they pulled in enough revenue Hee!”

I need a week in a cabin in the woods.

Old 07-11-2019, 07:02 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,476,584 times
Definitely think they deserve equal pay. But I'm also waiting for this team leader's 15 minutes to be up.

Old 07-11-2019, 07:24 PM

19,430 posts, read 15,255,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Someone posted the following in response to the bagel dude's video. I think it is spot on.
"It would be tragic if it wasn't so contemptible."

My feeling is that it's both. Self-loathing seems pretty tragic to me.

I've seen people throughout my life who have been treated unmercifully by others, usually just for a laugh. Haven't we all seen that? You see it all the way through school, then at work, at bars and clubs. I just imagine going through life enduring that. You'd have to be a pretty strong, introspective person to overcome that abuse. And if something's not working, yes, maybe work on it, but there's no guarantee it's going to work. Maybe some things can't be overcome.

Of course I also agree that when women are thought of and spoken of in those ways, it makes me sick. It takes creepiness to a new level. I wish no one would answer them here, but no, their threads go on for days. No one here is going to convince them of anything.

I'm just one who always sees the end result and also wants to see the cause, the two sides of the story. Many people can't, or don't want to, do that. It's either one way or the other for them.

Old 07-12-2019, 02:43 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
I feel bad for bagel guy, too. I can't defend any of his behavior, but I think we're seeing a human being unravel in that video. I find it sad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I don't know, I might get raked over the coals for this, but I saw a lot of pain, and rage, and frustration there. While we don't see the beginning of the altercation, of course he can't be acting that way, he was way out of line. But he says he's tired of being laughed at, and then had to endure more of being laughed at.

I admit I get tired of the guys who constantly post here attacking all women out of the blue, and, mostly out of irritation from the monotony and repetition of it, I will snipe back sometimes. But we're seeing the real person here, and he's revealing how his life goes. I can't help but feel for him in that regard. AGAIN, I'm not excusing his behavior, but I can see where it came from.

I also don't like how anything and everything can be recorded for everyone to see, forever. It's good in instances of real crime, of course, and other things, but now EVERYONE gets to laugh at him. Obviously, I'm guilty of watching it, too.
I get why people would sympathize with bagel dude, but as a former supervisor in working with the public with a mostly female crew, when you start coming for my employees, I have no sympathy and my first thought is going to be to protect my employees and other customers. So he has problems dating due to his size, guess what a lot of people have problems dating due to crap they can’t control (exhibit A here) but taking it out on the first one you see just makes more trouble for you.

Old 07-12-2019, 08:41 AM

52,291 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I get why people would sympathize with bagel dude, but as a former supervisor in working with the public with a mostly female crew, when you start coming for my employees, I have no sympathy and my first thought is going to be to protect my employees and other customers. So he has problems dating due to his size, guess what a lot of people have problems dating due to crap they can’t control (exhibit A here) but taking it out on the first one you see just makes more trouble for you.
I agree, no one here is defending that dude really, it's merely looking at all angles to figure out how things got there, what happened to a person to get them to that state. I'd probably taken that dude down too if he was getting to far out of hand, and I'm no hero here.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships