Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2018, 07:28 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,650,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Just had to give an update here. My friend improved enough to have the organ transplant surgery yesterday and we are waiting to see if this stabilized her. I really thought she would not last 24 hours after I posted this originally but she is still fighting.

I'm praying for your friend, from high here on the forested mountain where we live, & i feel closer to God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2018, 02:22 PM

52,289 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Happy father's day to all of the good dad's out there. Cheers to you guys. I made a big ol dad worthy breakfast this morning to honor the good guys out there. Keep on keeping on......

Old 06-16-2018, 10:05 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,650,514 times
Thank you, brother.....

Happy Father's Day, y'all.

Old 06-16-2018, 10:34 PM

19,430 posts, read 15,255,619 times
It's Father's Day somewhere.

Fathers are as important as mothers, and that's a fact. Sometimes gets overlooked. Thanks and good wishes to all of you good guys.

Old 06-17-2018, 12:21 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,441,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
It's Father's Day somewhere.

Fathers are as important as mothers, and that's a fact. Sometimes gets overlooked. Thanks and good wishes to all of you good guys.
My dad just landed at LAX this evening - so looking forward to seeing him again tomorrow. My dad isn't the type anyone could overlook - larger than life type. He wasn't perfect but he was always there when I needed him.

Wishing all the good dads out there a wonderful day full of love and happiness.

Old 06-17-2018, 10:08 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,758,476 times
I talk a lot about the fact that I didn’t have a good father. He has been dead for a few years now. I still wish I could call him on the off chance his mind would have evolved enough to have some sort of functional adult relationship. I get a little sad on Father’s Day knowing I can never really satisfy that question of what could have been.

The only thing I can do now is to encourage my friends who are becoming fathers and who are fathers to put 100 into fatherhood. Thankfully the partners I surround myself with are serious about imparting into their children and being a strong presence, even if they aren’t with the mother. I’ll probably never be a father myself but I try to take any opportunity I have to share knowledge from an imperfect person in a far from perfect world on how to move through life. I feel it is a gift that I’m still around so my responsibility is to make sure younger folks get that gift too.

Old 06-17-2018, 10:11 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,758,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
I'm praying for your friend, from high here on the forested mountain where we live, & i feel closer to God.
I sincerely appreciate the prayers. She completed the surgery successfully and the doctors are very encouraged about her prognosis. I’m not religious at all but all the love, prayers, and thoughts she has around her are doing wonders.

Old 06-17-2018, 12:14 PM

52,289 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I talk a lot about the fact that I didn’t have a good father. He has been dead for a few years now. I still wish I could call him on the off chance his mind would have evolved enough to have some sort of functional adult relationship. I get a little sad on Father’s Day knowing I can never really satisfy that question of what could have been.

The only thing I can do now is to encourage my friends who are becoming fathers and who are fathers to put 100 into fatherhood. Thankfully the partners I surround myself with are serious about imparting into their children and being a strong presence, even if they aren’t with the mother. I’ll probably never be a father myself but I try to take any opportunity I have to share knowledge from an imperfect person in a far from perfect world on how to move through life. I feel it is a gift that I’m still around so my responsibility is to make sure younger folks get that gift too.
It's been a little while since my dad has passed. I had a somewhat strained relationship with him. We were just completely opposite in our world views. As a middle aged adult I can see him with more clarity now and I can say he was an ok guy. He was terribly flawd, but I suppose we all are on some level or another.

I never had kids and knew when I a young teenager I knew they weren't for me. I have moments in my life where I sit and think about it and I know in my heart of hearts that I would have been a good and decent father, but I know that that time has passed as I'm far too old now but I have peace of mind in my decision, no remorse, no regrets.

You're doing all the right things in your life and you should be proud of where you are. I know the virgin thing is bothering you but don't sweat it. Things happen in life and stuff works out in the end. The not having a dad around thing is ok, you're on a good path. We don't always see eye to eye on things but that is ok and that's life.

Old 06-17-2018, 05:32 PM

19,430 posts, read 15,255,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
My dad just landed at LAX this evening - so looking forward to seeing him again tomorrow. My dad isn't the type anyone could overlook - larger than life type. He wasn't perfect but he was always there when I needed him.

Wishing all the good dads out there a wonderful day full of love and happiness.
Couldn't rep you again, but laughing out loud at your rep in the other thread.

Glad you get to see Dad. Hope you guys have a really nice day.

Old 06-17-2018, 05:57 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,441,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Couldn't rep you again, but laughing out loud at your rep in the other thread.

Glad you get to see Dad. Hope you guys have a really nice day.
I just got home from dad's - we were rolling, too. I bought some bottles of drinks for the welcome home party for my folks (they were out of the country for over a month) and I put them in the fridge at their house. When my dad got home last night after 9:00 pm, he found the bottle of limoncello and guzzled it down. He is also diabetic, so my eyeballs nearly popped out of my head when I saw the empty bottle. The first words out of his mouth - 'what is this stuff? It tasted so good, I drank the whole thing last night.'

Glad you got a laugh out of the rep comment - let's just say, my family is everything but boring!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships