Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2019, 10:53 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,678,474 times

Advertisements

Pretty sure I know about the gal you're talking about, the 17 year old who was beheaded, right?

So one point I keep seeing in various reports is that they were NOT in fact, "dating" at all. He was pursuing her, and she kept telling him no because she was not interested in him, even going as far as to tell him that she had a boyfriend or something.

I'm wary of seeking stories on this (which is why I'm not sharing any links) because word has it some of the stories actually have photos of her death that the psycho incel decided to post, and I really do NOT want to see that.

What is really kinda rubbing me the wrong way is for some reason the simultaneous reporting on this story, and also that one woman's "buy and drink my bathwater" story. For one thing, they look similar, though the latter is a legal adult and the former was not. But they both rock that "I look like a little child or something out of anime," thing. They look as though they must smell like baby powder, all plump cheeks and big eyes and pink hair. And there seems to be a large contingent of men who are little short of OBSESSED with these women, especially if they are into cosplay or gaming.

I don't know how to say what I'm thinking. But it's something along the lines that I feel disturbed by both the "I want a sex partner who looks like a small child" thing as well as the "I am angry that I struggle in dating, and am feeling more and more like punishing women for it." There is some seriously dark juju going on in the minds and hearts of some dudes lately, and it's starting to feel...connected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2019, 02:07 PM

52,290 posts, read 52,723,379 times
On a happier note.

Today is take you kid(s) to work day. Saw a couple cute little kids running around. One little girl had on a ballerina type little pink dress on. She's probably 4 or so.

You'd have to have a black heart to not think she was adorable.

Old 07-20-2019, 03:01 PM

19,430 posts, read 15,255,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
On a happier note.

Today is take you kid(s) to work day. Saw a couple cute little kids running around. One little girl had on a ballerina type little pink dress on. She's probably 4 or so.

You'd have to have a black heart to not think she was adorable.

You should see her on casual Friday.

Old 07-22-2019, 07:18 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,725,991 times
I've got this weird cramp on my side that only really hurts when I breath and in certain positions. It's been bugging me for the past 4 days. I want to say it's just a severely pulled muscle from exercises last week. But I'm not sure. Pulled muscles usually go away by now. Hope I don't have to make a trip to the doctor.

Old 07-22-2019, 08:41 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,441,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I've got this weird cramp on my side that only really hurts when I breath and in certain positions. It's been bugging me for the past 4 days. I want to say it's just a severely pulled muscle from exercises last week. But I'm not sure. Pulled muscles usually go away by now. Hope I don't have to make a trip to the doctor.
Sounds like a cracked rib - I've had a few. Is it above, at, or below the waistline?

Old 07-22-2019, 09:06 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,870,295 times
I had that too! I’m so stubborn about going in though, I just study anatomy over and over, from bones to organs to muscles until I think I can figure it out myself. 😁 It lasted a week or almost 2, then went away.

Old 07-22-2019, 09:20 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,725,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Sounds like a cracked rib - I've had a few. Is it above, at, or below the waistline?
It's a little below the waist, toward the middle closer to my abs on the right side. But it's not a right beneath the surface pain. It feels deeper that that and it's tight....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I had that too! I’m so stubborn about going in though, I just study anatomy over and over, from bones to organs to muscles until I think I can figure it out myself. �� It lasted a week or almost 2, then went away.
It's definitely an injury because it didn't start nagging at me until I got back into exercising last Thursday, plus I don't have any other symptoms. I don't want to go to the doctor right now because I'm not insured at the moment (lost it after my birthday in April). Plus I don't think it's THAT serious. It's not debilitating, it's just annoying.

Old 07-22-2019, 09:37 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,350,265 times
Quote:
It's a little below the waist, toward the middle closer to my abs on the right side. But it's not a right beneath the surface pain. It feels deeper that that and it's tight....

It's definitely an injury because it didn't start nagging at me until I got back into exercising last Thursday, plus I don't have any other symptoms. I don't want to go to the doctor right now because I'm not insured at the moment (lost it after my birthday in April). Plus I don't think it's THAT serious. It's not debilitating, it's just annoying.
Do you still have your appendix? The symptoms you describe do not sound like appendicitis, but the location kind of does. Seriously not trying to be alarmist and ab pulls and strains are really common and that's likely what you have, but I think you should get checked out if the pain intensifies.

Old 07-22-2019, 09:48 AM

29,748 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
This might be TMI, but maybe you're ovulating? There's a great word for the discomfort of popping an egg--mittelschmertz.

Old 07-22-2019, 09:49 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,870,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
Do you still have your appendix? The symptoms you describe do not sound like appendicitis, but the location kind of does. Seriously not trying to be alarmist and ab pulls and strains are really common and that's likely what you have, but I think you should get checked out if the pain intensifies.
It’s the insurance thing though too, I bet if she had insurance it may not seem worthy of going to a doctor. Know what I mean? If you don’t have insurance you start picturing blood tests and ultra sounds and an enormous debt approaching.

Of course the safest thing is to think: “Don’t tell her it’s nothing”, but how many times does one with insurance run into the clinic and say: “my side hurts.” Tough call. I think my constant dull pain went away when I began taking probiotics. It’s an interesting discussion anyway...spleen?

Yes ovulating is another good one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships