Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2018, 12:06 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,678,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
I should have phrased that differently so it wasn't a conversation killer.

So at Starbucks there's these 3-4 really hot young women who work, and while I really want to appreciate them for the caliber of service and their especially nice tendency to remember me and my preferred drinks, I'm often distracted by the incredible body on one, the large mammalian protuberances on another, and the eye-catching derriere on another.

But coffee, because coffee is the non-sexist and non-misogynist point, and rather than getting swept up in the fact that I'm over-the-hill, no longer attractive (most especially to younger women) on a physical level, and lost in unrealistic daydreams regarding being forcibly pinned down and worshipped by myriad coffee concubines, I've elected to place my attention on the beverage.

Mostly because I'm old and trying to direct my lasting focus away from physical female companionship.

But doggone it, that Vanilla Crème drink sure is a tasty one, hard to forget.
You should write a little newsletter, and deliver copies of it to Starbucks. Those women would be eating out of your ink-stained man-paws in no time flat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2018, 01:17 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,016,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
You should write a little newsletter, and deliver copies of it to Starbucks. Those women would be eating out of your ink-stained man-paws in no time flat.
Subliminal messaging, like "A thought from Literature: the way you look in that outfit makes me think of that old classic The Very Hungry Caterpillar." Tres subtle, non? *le sigh*... Non.

Old 05-10-2018, 06:10 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,084,603 times
So, anyway...

I'm kinda upset that the weather is supposed to suck this weekend. I doubt the same 'eye-candy' will be out and about in thunderstorms.

I guess its because I was married, but I never realized such physically fit men hung out down there before. I was hoping to have a replay of last Saturday sans the sunburn.

Maybe my 'hood will get lucky, and the storm clouds will happen to blow out to sea, or hang a sharp left turn, or something.

After working out, I like to hit the local Tbaar's for their Grapefruit Citrus Mojito. Tasty, tangy and totally refreshing.

Old 05-10-2018, 07:19 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
So, anyway...

I'm kinda upset that the weather is supposed to suck this weekend. I doubt the same 'eye-candy' will be out and about in thunderstorms.

I guess its because I was married, but I never realized such physically fit men hung out down there before. I was hoping to have a replay of last Saturday sans the sunburn.

Maybe my 'hood will get lucky, and the storm clouds will happen to blow out to sea, or hang a sharp left turn, or something.

After working out, I like to hit the local Tbaar's for their Grapefruit Citrus Mojito. Tasty, tangy and totally refreshing.
Yeah the weather is kinda sucky for DC too this weekend. The Mall on a nice day during the weekend, the tourist women are all out seeing the sights. Just a place where you feel alive.

Decided to celebrate finishing my Masters by taking a trip to California in August after my class finishes. 80% decided on LA with San Diego in the running. I’ve never been West of Dallas TX so I’m excited.

Old 05-11-2018, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Yeah the weather is kinda sucky for DC too this weekend. The Mall on a nice day during the weekend, the tourist women are all out seeing the sights. Just a place where you feel alive.

Decided to celebrate finishing my Masters by taking a trip to California in August after my class finishes. 80% decided on LA with San Diego in the running. I’ve never been West of Dallas TX so I’m excited.
Sounds like a great way to treat yourself. I <3 Cali. ALL of it. Maybe I was just lucky, but everyone I ever met out there was friendly and laid back. My favorite memories are of purple sunsets over the Pacific.

As I recall, Las Vegas isn't far from LA. Like a 4 hour drive, I'm just saying...

Old 05-12-2018, 04:49 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
My mom is gone, but these aren't.

Wishing the best to all you mothers.

LOL, almost sounded like an insult.
Attached Thumbnails
CDR Chat Thread #31-20180512_150927.jpg  

Old 05-12-2018, 04:56 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,725,991 times
Random question based on another thread I saw lol:

Is it weird to throw your own birthday party? I saw a couple of posts that seemed to suggest it is strange, self-centered, and even rude. If so, how else are you suppose to celebrate it? If you do.

I was so perplexed and puzzled by this. Where I'm from, you're expected to celebrate it in a big way. Most of the people in my life and people I have met do this. I wonder if it's a culture thing.

What do you guys think?

Old 05-12-2018, 05:02 PM

19,430 posts, read 15,259,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post

Is it weird to throw your own birthday party? I saw a couple of posts that seemed to suggest it is strange, self-centered, and even rude. If so, how else are you suppose to celebrate it? If you do.

I was so perplexed and puzzled by this. Where I'm from, you're expected to celebrate it in a big way. Most of the people in my life and people I have met do this. I wonder if it's a culture thing.

What do you guys think?

People get really weird about celebrating things. I haven't seen the thread you're talking about, but apparently we're not supposed to celebrate "made up" (which ones aren't?) holidays, etc.

Anyway, I think it would be really fun, as long as you don't make it a me-me-me fest all day long. If it's just a way for you to enjoy your family and friends and do it your way, it sounds like a ton of fun. And a sense of humor goes a long way.

Old 05-12-2018, 05:03 PM

Quote:

What do you guys think?

Coincidentally, I was watching a soon to be 14 year old and her grandmother and little brother, stuffing envelopes with B-day party invitations and sealing them on the bus yesterday. So, I guess they don't think its weird.

Also, what if you have no family? Who is going to throw you a birthday party? Does that mean that God not only punished you by taking away your family, but did a double whammy because now no more B-day parties for you?

I don't even know how throwing yourself a B-day party could be considered rude, lol. Well, maybe if I refused to invite anyone but myself.

Old 05-12-2018, 05:04 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
Quote:

What do you guys think?

I don’t think it is wrong to throw your own party. Hell it is your birthday, celebrate it however. I’m not really interested in celebrating mine this year big. I’m going to take a vacation probably to Florida for it but nothing big.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships