Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2018, 01:28 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,869,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
I can read signals well enough, but I can't always make myself believe my perception, and in my case there's nothing much at stake since I'm in a relationship and not looking. But now and then a woman smiles at me, for example, and I then get this urge to ask someone nearby why people might be laughing at me. And I think I know the difference between smiling and laughing, since smiling very seldom includes a snort. So a no snort kind of smile is probably supposed to generate a nice feeling ? That would be a pleasant departure from the self analysis it usually prompts.
I know that feeling, too, I have wondered if someone is smiling bc they like me or think I'm dumb. The "laughing at you not with you" kind of feeling.

I just sense so much confusion and angst in some of these guys' posts. I was wondering if that's a "thing." I usually would be able to determine within minutes of meeting someone whether like me or not, are undecided, or don't care.

Last edited by RbccL; 05-08-2018 at 02:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2018, 01:31 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,015,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I know that feeling, too, I have wondered if someone is smiling bc they like me or think I'm dumb. The "laughing at you not with you" kind of feeling.

I just sense so much confusion and angst in some of these guys posts. I was if that's a "thing." I usually would be able to determine within minutes of meeting someone whether like me or not, are undecided, or don't care.

There are the guys who are confused... and then there are just loads and loads of guys who are simply griping, who want someone to hold their hand every step of the way, and who think they need some freebies, or deserve them on some level.

It's kind of pervasive, yep.

HEFFAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Dis my new fav'rit ting, yeah?

Old 05-08-2018, 01:46 PM

20,397 posts, read 14,673,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
There are the guys who are confused... and then there are just loads and loads of guys who are simply griping, who want someone to hold their hand every step of the way, and who think they need some freebies, or deserve them on some level.

It's kind of pervasive, yep.

HEFFAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Dis my new fav'rit ting, yeah?
LOL! Why not? "Ma riches" couldn't last forever...

Oh, in other news of the weekend's social goings-on, a friend got laid off from his job, and is now going into the sex toy business. He says there is a fortune to be made, and has partnered with a couple of companies that produce product, and he had a couple of items with him to show off their quality. I shared a couple of ideas with him, and now he wants me to patent said ideas and get involved in this endeavor.

I have no idea what to think of this.

Does he like me? Should I ask him out?

Old 05-08-2018, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
LOL! Why not? "Ma riches" couldn't last forever...

Oh, in other news of the weekend's social goings-on, a friend got laid off from his job, and is now going into the sex toy business. He says there is a fortune to be made, and has partnered with a couple of companies that produce product, and he had a couple of items with him to show off their quality. I shared a couple of ideas with him, and now he wants me to patent said ideas and get involved in this endeavor.

I have no idea what to think of this.

Does he like me? Should I ask him out?
I suspect he likes you, but not LIKES YOU-likes you... like, ya know? If ya know, ya know more than I, because I never know (as so richly illustrated in the course of this conversation).

Old 05-08-2018, 02:00 PM

Oh my god. I'm remembering a conversation last night, my boyfriend thinks we should become life coaches. Be a couple doing life coaching together. So like, we could be the couple that does life coaching, AND peddles sex toys. Sounds like a winner!

"No, you don't need a whole new philosophy or a new career. Just a better strap on. You're welcome."

*snerk*

Old 05-08-2018, 02:05 PM

Now I'm imagining trying to sit at my writing desk... but there's this THING that's in the way...

Old 05-08-2018, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Now I'm imagining trying to sit at my writing desk... but there's this THING that's in the way...
Let it inspire you.

Old 05-08-2018, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Let it inspire you.
I'm inspired. I'm leaving the writing desk and going to get a tower of onion rings at Red Robin.

Old 05-08-2018, 02:26 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,869,177 times
Quote:
....who think they need some freebies, or deserve them on some level.
I honestly think that's the conclusion. If not something they can do differently, then women should start giving out samples.

Old 05-08-2018, 02:36 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,724,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I honestly think that's the conclusion. If not something they can do differently, then women should start giving out samples.
I think the realization and understanding that everyone has different tastes is very important. They're not going to be everyone's cup of tea. It takes a VERY long time to find someone who is truly compatible with you, as a person. I also think when they look at these other guys (jerks in particular) with gfs, they automatically assume the relationship must be great. They put it on a pedestal which is very unrealistic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships