Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2016, 05:55 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,108,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
To be honest I wouldn't put too much stamp in these forums my love..... I can't think of anyone that has this much trouble in dating with quite a few of the people on here ...... If honest it's mostly self inflicted and not too true to reality.

How are you keeping gel? .... Again for you WE are ALL here for anything Hun
You're right. I just find it amazing (and scary in a way) how much silliness is posted that others will think is true. After all, if it's on the Internet, it HAS to be true. Right??? LMAO. * SIGH *

It isn't easy, but I'm okay. One day at a time.

Curmudgeon: Yeah, I always thought meeting someone IRL is far better than online. You already know if there is mutual interest, rather than wasting time going on a date that just isn't right. (Because a whole lot of people don't read the entire profile.)

Chow: And I think some folks say/do things to keep others "at a safe distance" in order to avoid relationships (of any kind). They may not even be aware that they do it. If that makes any sense.

It's raining cats & dogs here suddenly. Wonder where that expression came from. Hmmmm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2016, 06:10 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
You're right. I just find it amazing (and scary in a way) how much silliness is posted that others will think is true. After all, if it's on the Internet, it HAS to be true. Right??? LMAO. * SIGH *

It isn't easy, but I'm okay. One day at a time.

Curmudgeon: Yeah, I always thought meeting someone IRL is far better than online. You already know if there is mutual interest, rather than wasting time going on a date that just isn't right. (Because a whole lot of people don't read the entire profile.)

Chow: And I think some folks say/do things to keep others "at a safe distance" in order to avoid relationships (of any kind). They may not even be aware that they do it. If that makes any sense.

It's raining cats & dogs here suddenly. Wonder where that expression came from. Hmmmm

People are odd at times, irrational and strange, but it is what it is. I tend to be a bit overly analytical at times and while that might be good for certain jobs it isn't always the best for emotional connections, but we all have our faults, right???

Old 07-31-2016, 06:13 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times
I'm horrible at emotions.

Old 07-31-2016, 07:26 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,108,969 times
And I never said that I'm perfect. I'm certain that I'm a mess.

Off to write Thank-You notes.

Old 07-31-2016, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I'm horrible at emotions.

I wouldn't have thought this, based on your posting history, you don't strike me as emotionally constipated.....

Old 07-31-2016, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I wouldn't have thought this, based on your posting history, you don't strike me as emotionally constipated.....
Lol, no not all the time.

I'm horrible with emotional people, I'm always trying to make sense of a situation. I have to realize not everything has a rhyme and reason.

Old 07-31-2016, 08:16 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,871,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Lol, no not all the time.

I'm horrible with emotional people, I'm always trying to make sense of a situation. I have to realize not everything has a rhyme and reason.
I know what you mean. I don't relate to the 'heart on my sleeve' type. I get over things quickly, you cant tell by my face or body language if I'm mad, I'll just say: "I'm really mad right now." I don't have a problem saying how I feel, I just don't indulge in it. In fact, if something painful is going on, physically or mentally, I have a tendency to look at the clock, and think: The clock's still moving, time won't stand still, it'll be a new day and this will be over.

I felt dismissive, or unkind, but the last person I was getting to know was too emotional for me, and said something like: 'my heart yearns for the one' ...and I just cringed, that changed my whole perception of them as any romantic interest.

I'm weird, but I know it and it's ok

Old 07-31-2016, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbcrazycatlady View Post
I know what you mean. I don't relate to the 'heart on my sleeve' type. I get over things quickly, you cant tell by my face or body language if I'm mad, I'll just say: "I'm really mad right now." I don't have a problem saying how I feel, I just don't indulge in it. In fact, if something painful is going on, physically or mentally, I have a tendency to look at the clock, and think: The clock's still moving, time won't stand still, it'll be a new day and this will be over.

I felt dismissive, or unkind, but the last person I was getting to know was too emotional for me, and said something like: 'my heart yearns for the one' ...and I just cringed, that changed my whole perception of them as any romantic interest.

I'm weird, but I know it and it's ok
Nah you are fine.
I would worry about him saying that too. That's too soon.

Old 07-31-2016, 08:31 PM

In an effort to avoid talking about feeling I'm going to shift things to car talk.

We've been hunting for a car now for a bit I'm thinking we might settle in on a car that SD would surely like. The Miata MX-5.

I don't want a convertible but Mrs. Chow is pretty adamant about getting one. These jobbers are pretty reasonable in price and pretty sporty.

https://www.carmax.com/cars/mazda/mx.../2012/12948861

Old 07-31-2016, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
In an effort to avoid talking about feeling I'm going to shift things to car talk.

We've been hunting for a car now for a bit I'm thinking we might settle in on a car that SD would surely like. The Miata MX-5.

I don't want a convertible but Mrs. Chow is pretty adamant about getting one. These jobbers are pretty reasonable in price and pretty sporty.

https://www.carmax.com/cars/mazda/mx.../2012/12948861
Its alright Chow for a girl.

J/k!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships