Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2017, 10:51 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,870,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Certainly not in a great place(Naples) but funny you mention cats. None of them are mine but sitting here with 7 of them!
At the worst, they'll get thrown in the attic with food and water.
Uh.....so will we
Well I was hoping you'd reply that you're hundreds of miles north. Cant grab the cats and start driving? I'm getting scared for you now but picture I'd probably do the same...good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2017, 01:32 PM

23,174 posts, read 26,211,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Well I was hoping you'd reply that you're hundreds of miles north. Cant grab the cats and start driving? I'm getting scared for you now but picture I'd probably do the same...good luck!
Thanks ...funny in my thread "Do you have a date?" mentioned inviting him to come stay with me just a couple of days ago and now he's asking me to come stay with him in Miami ( And, no, right now that's not an option)

Old 09-09-2017, 02:25 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,870,295 times
Quote:
Thanks ...funny in my thread "Do you have a date?" mentioned inviting him to come stay with me just a couple of days ago and now he's asking me to come stay with him in Miami ( And, no, right now that's not an option)
Yeah, that's what I thought of when I was watching the news this morning and saw Naples in the path. I used to live in Sarasota... weird how it suddenly seems to have taken a left. You're brave or crazy, hang in there.😺😺😺😺

Old 09-09-2017, 03:20 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,255,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Old_Cold, Runninglikethieves, our CDR friends in Florida: Stay safe, hope you're doing ok! Grab the kittycats...��
No kidding, this is crazy. We feel for everyone there. It's terrible.

Old 09-09-2017, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Certainly not in a great place(Naples) but funny you mention cats. None of them are mine but sitting here with 7 of them!
At the worst, they'll get thrown in the attic with food and water.
Uh.....so will we
Hope you keep us updated, old_ cold.

Old 09-09-2017, 03:29 PM

52,287 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Crazy times. All these storms and flooding, Mexico just had a record breaking earthquake. This storm Irma is looking to set records. I hope for the best for people. We've been watching the coverage on the news and it seems a bit surreal at this point.

Old 09-09-2017, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Crazy times. All these storms and flooding, Mexico just had a record breaking earthquake.
And they just had a deadly hurricane hit, too.

Old 09-10-2017, 12:31 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,930,133 times
Hope you stay safe, Old_Cold! Keep us updated! I'm in Jacksonville, where I think we'll probably be spared, save for a bunch of rain, some winds and gust, which will be mild in comparison to other parts of the state.

I'm worried about my grandparents, who lives in Naples, in a mobile home....

They've evacuated to a hotel, so they'll be personally safe. I'm just hoping they have a home to go back to. They moved down there from Jersey, literally one month before Hurricane Wilma, back in 2005. Their place survived Wilma, although a few falling trees did take out a few homes in their park.

Old 09-10-2017, 10:08 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,338,397 times
My kids and their mom's crew are evacuating to Biloxi. On the road now, will remain there a week, minimum.

I'm in Panama City Beach, in the panhandle, and a block off the gulf coast. I've got supplies and can be on the road in five minutes, but for now it looks like the biggest concern for my location will be debris, high winds, possible moderate flooding and power outages.

In which case, my sister lives an hour west, and more inland. She has invited me to stay there.

I just want everyone safe. I never handle seeing people suffer very well. Take care of each other.

Old 09-10-2017, 04:59 PM

52,287 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Looked over in the FL forum to see how people were dealing with things and saw a few pretty brazen comments in the thread about looting starting to happen. Jeez. Can't see that sucker not getting shut down in a hurry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships