Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 05:03 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,035,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Put on a second pair of socks and ask the girl if she would go out on a date with you on a specific day, at a specific time, to a specific restaurant.
This is a very good point. Don't be vague and suggest "hanging out sometime". The more clear you are, the less confusion about your intentions.

And all it boils down to is asking a yes or no question. If you get a yes, great, if not, oh well. It doesn't have to be the big deal you're making it out to be. I'd say the majority of people you are interested in or ask out will not feel the same way about you. If you know that going in, then you don't need to have cold feet or be devastated by a simple no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2016, 05:08 PM

48 posts, read 38,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I'm straightforward. If they say no or give me some unclear answer I forget about them.
Unfortunately, this seems to be the norm.

I've had many situations where I'd ask the girl out and get an answer that's highly suggestive of a blow-off ("We should hang out in a group first", "Get to know each other better first", etc).

Then, she comes around at her leisure and decides to become interested when I no longer am.

I think most women just like playing games and want someone to chase after them.

Old 07-17-2016, 05:09 PM

48 posts, read 38,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
This is a very good point. Don't be vague and suggest "hanging out sometime". The more clear you are, the less confusion about your intentions.

And all it boils down to is asking a yes or no question. If you get a yes, great, if not, oh well. It doesn't have to be the big deal you're making it out to be. I'd say the majority of people you are interested in or ask out will not feel the same way about you. If you know that going in, then you don't need to have cold feet or be devastated by a simple no.
That's very easy for a woman to say (since women never have to put themselves out there like that).

Old 07-17-2016, 05:18 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe87 View Post

I've had many situations where I'd ask the girl out and get an answer that's highly suggestive of a blow-off ("We should hang out in a group first", "Get to know each other better first", etc).

Then, she comes around at her leisure and decides to become interested when I no longer am.

I think most women just like playing games and want someone to chase after them.
I am not the type to chase a woman or kiss her a** I don't care how hot she is. I prefer women be direct and not make lame excuses. You don't like me? Say so. I'll leave her alone after that.

Old 07-17-2016, 05:41 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,105,402 times
There sure are a lot of threads on this topic or related topics.

As a female I guess I've never really understood how difficult this can be for a guy.

I never thought of myself as "scary" but I sure hope I've never hurt anyone's feelings.

Old 07-17-2016, 05:42 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe87 View Post

It's a shame you think this mate

Yes a few will do this and enjoy it but for the vast majority of women it's simply not worth their time to play games.

Old 07-17-2016, 06:13 PM

728 posts, read 472,303 times
If you're vague, she'll say yes. If you get specific, it's excuse time. I know from experience.

Old 07-17-2016, 07:09 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times
Default The Natural Method

Looking at this from the opposite side, I can say that if any woman came up to me and asked me out, it would be game-over for her. I have never asked a woman out. All the relationships I've had were based on being involved in the same activity and then recognizing the mutual interest we had in each other. No one asked the other out. We just began doing things together. Two people who are well-suited for each other, are much more likely to meet in this way, than by one person making a move on another, when they may have little in common.

When I've started relationships with women, we might have had classes together at a university, worked at the same place or exercised at the same fitness club or running track. A couple of times, we lived together in the same house, along with several other single people. Sometimes, it was because we had mutual friends and found ourselves in each other's company. One amazing evening, a woman and I had been asked to help move some friends to a new apartment. We looked at each other and without a moment's hesitation, we paired up and carried things together. Before the evening was over, we were a couple. We both knew it and neither had to say a word about it. This natural, unforced way to start relationships, is the way our species has done it since the beginning. Our ancient ancestors didn't ask one another out, they just recognized the obvious attraction and went at it.

Old 07-17-2016, 09:13 PM

647 posts, read 1,523,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Looking at this from the opposite side, I can say that if any woman came up to me and asked me out, it would be game-over for her. I have never asked a woman out. All the relationships I've had were based on being involved in the same activity and then recognizing the mutual interest we had in each other. No one asked the other out. We just began doing things together. Two people who are well-suited for each other, are much more likely to meet in this way, than by one person making a move on another, when they may have little in common.

When I've started relationships with women, we might have had classes together at a university, worked at the same place or exercised at the same fitness club or running track. A couple of times, we lived together in the same house, along with several other single people. Sometimes, it was because we had mutual friends and found ourselves in each other's company. One amazing evening, a woman and I had been asked to help move some friends to a new apartment. We looked at each other and without a moment's hesitation, we paired up and carried things together. Before the evening was over, we were a couple. We both knew it and neither had to say a word about it. This natural, unforced way to start relationships, is the way our species has done it since the beginning. Our ancient ancestors didn't ask one another out, they just recognized the obvious attraction and went at it.
This is the answer I was looking for. There's something so unnatural about asking a girl out.

Old 07-17-2016, 09:24 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon22 View Post
This is the answer I was looking for. There's something so unnatural about asking a girl out.
Of course it's the answer you're looking for. You're apparently terrified of stepping out of your comfort zone and making yourself vulnerable. Don't fool yourself into thinking that you're going to accidentally find a girlfriend.

Our "ancient ancestors" may have accidentally rolled over onto each other and propagated the species, but with 7 billion people on the planet now, you should consider the possibility that you MAY have to put in some effort to get a date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships