Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 07:19 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,667,697 times

Advertisements

Someone might call a site a 'hook up site'. The reality is there are people looking for relationships on there. I'm on POF, and I state that I'm interested in meeting different people. Ultimately I would like a committed relationship. I've actually never tried tinder, but I'm sure it's no different.

So the site someone is on doesn't mean much. His actions and what he says does.

Now being a man, a man can still have a long-term interest and still be horny drunk at 2am. So I wouldn't jump to a conclusion on the matter.

Maybe go out again. If the guy looks like things are projecting on his part like a players interest than be up front with him on your intentions of wanting something long term. If he's not on the same page, then part ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2016, 07:45 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,857,946 times
I don't engage in late night texting with guys I don't know well anymore. Not interested in sexting or nudes which always seems to be the purpose.

Old 07-30-2016, 07:51 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,489,497 times
OP: The only way for you to know what his intentions are is to ask him.
You chat with him, you met him, you went on the date with him and you appear to have already decided all he wanted was sex without having any tangible proof.
I personally would be more interested in how often he gets drunk not what time he texted.

Old 07-30-2016, 08:10 AM

29,559 posts, read 22,921,796 times
Sorry, but why am I not surprised that texting is involved in yet another 'relationship'/dating mystery?

Too much texting.

Anyways, the OP is looking for 'advice,' and this is her last sentence:

"Or should I just not respond at all, wait for him to offer an explanation, and if he doesn't, just plain forget about him?"

And that is exactly what she should do, she answered her own conundrum. Life is too short to be agonizing and losing sleep and your mind over one simple date that was flirty at best. Some people are flaky like that, despite the 'face' they may put on for your date. Why lose your dignity and self respect trying to get back at someone that doesn't even care in the first place? That only plays into their hands.

Most likely the OP won't do that however, I'm thinking she'll text him something. Just the way human nature goes.

Basic rule of life, if you have to ask about something on a message forum, if your gut instinct tells you something unfavorable, then it most likely is not a good situation.

Old 07-30-2016, 09:23 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,935,492 times
What is it that makes you think a guy who might want to get together with you late at night for a booty call cannot also be interested in an serious relationship?

Old 07-30-2016, 09:56 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,402,848 times
I would have responded to see where the conversation went, to confirm my suspicions and/or gauge his interest. At least I'd have an idea what his intentions are. Are you two well-matched on OKC?

When I received text messages really late at night it usually meant one thing, and sometimes included a peen shot. So, yeah. It's one thing if the conversation or interaction continued into the early morning, but a random text after midnight when a significant period of time passed since the last text? That tells me he could be gauging your receptiveness to the possibility of future intimate encounters.

And he likely is talking to other women, as most do. I interacted with several men until I found someone I hit it off with and devoted my attention and time to. Until you reach that point, assume your matches or "suitors" are interacting with other women.

Old 07-30-2016, 10:11 AM

3,928 posts, read 4,930,957 times
Why don't people talk with human voices in the phone anymore? You can alleviate confusion by hearing his voice. Texting should not be your sole mode if communication. Lost in translation.

Old 07-30-2016, 02:53 PM

28 posts, read 68,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeemama View Post
Why don't people talk with human voices in the phone anymore? You can alleviate confusion by hearing his voice. Texting should not be your sole mode if communication. Lost in translation.
Trust me, I hate it more than anyone else. But not sure I can demand he call me just a day or two after our first date.

Old 07-30-2016, 03:32 PM

48,710 posts, read 35,229,289 times
You are not dating, you went on a date.

Bad news: hasn't asked you out again AND booty called you.

I would take a pass on this guy unless he changes how he acts.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-30-2016, 03:37 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,982,901 times
erica: I wouldn't make up my mind about anything yet. He might have already had plans, or some other thing came up. Sounds like he's very interested, and since you are too, wait and see what happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships