Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 04:45 PM

28 posts, read 68,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I don't see where the confusion is then.
You told him you were a night owl, he thought you would be up at 1:00AM like many night owls yet you are confused about getting a text at that time of day.

Personally I think many (not all) of those who say they are introverts use that as an excuse not to learn how to be mature adults who can have a conversation with anyone anywhere.

In my youth it was called shy, which I was but I had to learn to get past all of that when I figured out I would be much more successful in life learning to deal with being shy appropriately.

One cannot find their comfort zone until they step out of their comfort zone.

It's not as if he'd sent me TONS of chatty texts during the day time, the few he did send were friendly and enthusiastic, but mostly brief -- it's not as if we were having endless conversation. So unless he only feels chatty at 2am when he's likely drunk, the general reaction would be to see that as a booty text. His previous nice/sweet treatment of me made it even more confusing. I don't know why you're so adamant that I don't have a right to be confused by his contradictory behavior.

Seattle is a land of introverts, he never called himself one, I just gathered it from context. Look up the Seattle Freeze.

I texted him around 1pm today asking if he had a fun night, and two hours later -- no response.

So actions, not words. I guess I have no choice but to write him off, which is a disappointment, because I really originally thought he might be one of the few good ones left.

Last edited by erica1012; 07-30-2016 at 04:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2016, 05:09 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,935,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erica1012 View Post
It's not as if he'd sent me TONS of chatty texts during the day time, the few he did send were friendly and enthusiastic, but mostly brief -- it's not as if we were having endless conversation. So unless he only feels chatty at 2am when he's likely drunk, the general reaction would be to see that as a booty text. His previous nice/sweet treatment of me made it even more confusing. I don't know why you're so adamant that I don't have a right to be confused by his contradictory behavior.
How does texting you at 2am to see if you want to get together (or maybe... surprise... he just wanted to share something with you since you said you were also a night owl) cancel out the nice treatment. Since when does potentially wanting to get together late at night somehow equal being treated poorly?

Quote:
I texted him around 1pm today asking if he had a fun night, and two hours later -- no response.
Maybe he is still sleeping off the party from last night.

Quote:
So actions, not words. I guess I have no choice but to write him off, which is a disappointment, because I really originally thought he might be one of the few good ones left.
If you are coming across mostly guys that are jerks and you feel like there are very few decent guys out there, you might want to look to yourself for the kinds of guys you are attracted to.

Old 07-30-2016, 05:19 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,600,952 times
" Seattle is a land of introverts " ....

Just out of pure curiosity ( intelligence gathering from across the pond more like ) what's the nightlife like? And would you class yourself as an introvert? If so is that why you are using online?

cheers...

Old 07-30-2016, 06:17 PM

5,303 posts, read 5,279,581 times
Good grief...

Dude was probably drinking and didnt even remember texting you.

Old 07-31-2016, 10:34 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,493,532 times
Quote:
Seattle is a land of introverts, he never called himself one, I just gathered it from context. Look up the Seattle Freeze.
I am not adament about you not having a *right* to be confused, I said I was curious as to why you are confused. There are many people who actually do not like to text and they are not *introverts* so that opinion is just that, an opinion.
I have no need to look up the *Seattle Freeze*, Mr. CSD and I do not live in Seattle and he would be a tad upset if I started dating.
Perhaps your actions have put him off as much as his lack of words have put you off.

Anyway, in my experience it is best to spend more than a few hours with someone in person before thinking it is possible they are a good person. He could very well be one of the good ones you just don't know it yet.

Old 07-31-2016, 11:37 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,621,275 times
Quote:
Given how many times you've mentioned his drinking it sounds to me like he's just another drunk. Is that what you consider a prerequisite for being one of the "good ones?" Strange!

Old 07-31-2016, 12:08 PM

23,180 posts, read 26,328,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Given how many times you've mentioned his drinking it sounds to me like he's just another drunk. Is that what you consider a prerequisite for being one of the "good ones?" Strange!
She actually said almost nothing about drinking too much.
In fact, when she said, he went out and was drunk, how could she possibly have known that just from a text message that only 'said' "Are you still awake?"
Did his letters slur or something?

Old 07-31-2016, 12:30 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,621,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
She actually said almost nothing about drinking too much.
In fact, when she said, he went out and was drunk, how could she possibly have known that just from a text message that only 'said' "Are you still awake?"
Did his letters slur or something?
Ask her, not me.

Quote:
On Wednesday we had a great (altho pretty tipsy) first date over drinks...

It's now Friday night and he's sent me a "Are you still awake?" text at 1:50am… I haven't replied to the late-night text, but I'm assuming it's what it looks like: a booty call. He definitely went out and is drunk.
Quote:
So unless he only feels chatty at 2am when he's likely drunk, the general reaction would be to see that as a booty text.
As for the rest, if you say so!

Old 07-31-2016, 01:26 PM

23,180 posts, read 26,328,614 times
So? Everything you quoted still adds up to a tipsy first date and then nothing but supposition.
No reason to label the guy a drunk.

Old 07-31-2016, 10:50 PM

13 posts, read 8,678 times
Sounds like booty call from my vast experience, but not necessarily a bad thing. He could still like you. If you haven't heard back since then then probably not.
I dated in Chicago, New Jersey and Seattle and I feel you when it comes to guys in Seattle. Really difficult. I can get further as far as calling goes after one day wile on vacation in Florida, then in Seattle. I know a guy who moved form Seattle to Sacramento. He was single for years and when he arrived there he got a girl within a week. Hang in there. I have learned that if I have to ask myself to many questions I'm playing a losing game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships