Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 05:11 PM

997 posts, read 945,305 times

Advertisements

I think it is better to not assume what people have on their agenda.

Maybe he is one of the good guys but you seem to want to examine and assign meaning to every little clue that you receive. I do that too, but I know I am doing it and I still try to keep an open mind.

The late night text could have been innocent since it was the weekend and you might be awake still. He just asked if you were awake.

I have never in my life been a 'booty call' so I don't know about such matters. I don't think that was what he had in mind. I actually get the feeling that he is a good guy. It is your job to be one of the 'good ones' also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 05:30 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,340,749 times
I think drinking to the point of being tipsy and kissing all the way outside gave him the wrong message. You may not have intended to, but you should think about the "easy" impression that gives.

No offense. But, you have to admit, that's why you thought his late night text was a booty call.....the impression he gave.

I would be more inclined to meet for lunch, and coffee than a bar on the first date with a stranger. Save the drinking for after you get to know them and trust them.

Old 08-06-2016, 07:53 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,531,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
You met him from Tinder... of course he is probably seeing others and keeping his options open. That is only smart in the beginning.
If he is actually doing that, props to him, I guess. Tinder isn't exactly "the land of plenty" for most guys from what I hear. If I can load that app up on my Kindle Fire and see if that's the case...ah, I don't care enough to do that. It's full of IAC bots, anyway.

Old 08-06-2016, 10:12 PM

4,858 posts, read 7,647,405 times
The Seattle freeze doesn't really exist. It's a town busting at the seams with transplants who had the stones to pack up and move to a new city.

There's no such thing as the 'Chicago freeze', but if you told people it was real and to expect it, within a few days they'd be able to give you many examples of how they felt it... Because that's all they'd be looking for.

Old 08-07-2016, 12:09 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,347,605 times
You are so overthinking this and you will jeopardize it.
Why do you jump immediately to the worst conclusion?
O.k., he was drunk and called you, many people do this when drunk and forget to look at the watch.
Be happy, he was thinking of you and wanted to chat and flirt with you.

Do not ask him if he meant this as a booty call, only if you make it humorous.

Old 08-07-2016, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erica1012 View Post
It's not as if he'd sent me TONS of chatty texts during the day time, the few he did send were friendly and enthusiastic, but mostly brief -- it's not as if we were having endless conversation. So unless he only feels chatty at 2am when he's likely drunk, the general reaction would be to see that as a booty text. His previous nice/sweet treatment of me made it even more confusing. I don't know why you're so adamant that I don't have a right to be confused by his contradictory behavior.

Seattle is a land of introverts, he never called himself one, I just gathered it from context. Look up the Seattle Freeze.

I texted him around 1pm today asking if he had a fun night, and two hours later -- no response.

So actions, not words. I guess I have no choice but to write him off, which is a disappointment, because I really originally thought he might be one of the few good ones left.
Maybe you drank too much and kissed to much on the first date and gave him the wrong impression. This is my feeling now after I read through the thread.

You come off now really angry at him, my God, was it so bad what he did, texting you at 2:00 am? You did not reply anyways, what was right, but you should have sent him a text in the morning.

I smell a Drama Queen, and I think so does he!

Old 08-07-2016, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
Good grief...

Dude was probably drinking and didnt even remember texting you.
LOL....This ^^^^^^

Old 08-07-2016, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
She actually said almost nothing about drinking too much.
In fact, when she said, he went out and was drunk, how could she possibly have known that just from a text message that only 'said' "Are you still awake?"
Did his letters slur or something?
Wow, this is downright Sherlock Holmish....!!!!

Old 08-07-2016, 12:54 PM

10,929 posts, read 11,784,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erica1012 View Post
I haven't replied to the late-night text, but I'm assuming it's what it looks like: a booty call. He definitely went out and is drunk. Should I just accept that he doesn't see me as potential relationship material and move on, or should I give him the benefit of the doubt? How should I respond in the morning -- should I flat out ask him "was that a booty call?" and make it clear that's not the type of relationship I'm looking for? Or should I just not respond at all, wait for him to offer an explanation, and if he doesn't, just plain forget about him? [/b]
My take: It means, he can't keep his mind off you.

Ask yourself why you jumped to the conclusion you did. He's not the problem.

Old 08-14-2016, 01:06 PM

1,922 posts, read 4,001,245 times
I'm curious to know how the Tuesday night date went.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships