Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2016, 09:05 PM

17 posts, read 9,619 times

Advertisements

Thank you for your response, Inkpoe and clearing things up.

Initially he would only play with the baby, change a diaper or two, etc but the major responsibilities like staying up with her at night, giving her medicine, and taking her to and from the sitter was all my responsibility. Since returning to the house he has been very hands on. Almost like everything I mentioned about him not stepping up to care for the baby he is doing now, no more mention of divorce. Yet walking around not really talking to me. Almost like he's waiting for me to sweep it under the rug.

This is strange.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2016, 09:14 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannahv97 View Post

By the way, he has since come back home. We are walking around not really speaking like little kids after a fight. I hate that it is this way and its immaturity on both of our parts. However, when I approach him humbly, he acts sooooo arrogant like that is me admitting fault. So instead I play the wait game with him but this time I'm really just tired! This is not a functional marriage.
You don't have the luxury of acting childishly and having a standoff and waiting for the other person to blink anymore, and neither does your husband. You have a baby to care for, and if you don't both step it up and start doing it as a team, your marriage WILL suffer, and so will your child. Giving one another the silent treatment and being passive aggressive is a crappy idea.

Old 09-16-2016, 12:41 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannahv97 View Post
Thank you for your response, Inkpoe and clearing things up.

Initially he would only play with the baby, change a diaper or two, etc but the major responsibilities like staying up with her at night, giving her medicine, and taking her to and from the sitter was all my responsibility. Since returning to the house he has been very hands on. Almost like everything I mentioned about him not stepping up to care for the baby he is doing now, no more mention of divorce. Yet walking around not really talking to me. Almost like he's waiting for me to sweep it under the rug.

This is strange.
Not so strange. He was caught cheating (at least emotionally, anyway). He IS hoping you will sweep it under the rug. He is hoping that by doing more, that will mollify you.

Old 09-16-2016, 03:40 AM

17 posts, read 9,619 times
Tabula, I agree. The silence is doing more harm than good. It's very immature on both parts actually.

Thanks, Just a Guy. This makes so much sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships