Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 02:46 PM

511 posts, read 404,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
In my experience there were more than enough women IRL. Finding them was easy. You just have to keep your eyes open and your wits about you. Of course, I had only three absolute requirements. Any others were negotiable. None were predicated on looks.
Yeah, my eyes are open and my wits are about me. Hasn't been a bang-on methodology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2016, 02:47 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,629,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanMarlton View Post
I've scored plenty of amazing women in my life. Just not around this f##ckin hellhole. But then again, I've only been single for a few months.
Interesting! I've lived in nine states, probably 20 different towns/cities/areas and three other countries including six different towns/cities. Amazingly enough there have been attractive women in every one of them.

Old 10-28-2016, 02:49 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,164,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
JerZ,

I haven't read much of this thread. Please tell me you were quoting the OP, at least thematically, when you wrote "scored amazing women".
Thematically, yes.

I know PUA when I see it and the memes just sort of seem to roll off my fingers onto they keyboard of their own accord.

The whole principle, the damaged goods idea, baggage, the ridiculous false premises (for example, maybe at some point she'll HAVE to choose between you and one guy who is even worse than you? - to paraphrase)...they all just sound awfully familiar.

As a woman I don't support such phrases, no, and IRL I certainly don't use them.

Old 10-28-2016, 02:50 PM

Quote:
I've scored plenty of amazing women in my life. Just not around this f##ckin hellhole. But then again, I've only been single for a few months.
Two months? I haven't had a date in 3 1/2+ years. You do need to chill a bit.

Old 10-28-2016, 02:50 PM

Quote:
That is WEIRD since the entire premise of your OP pointed to a generalization for middle-aged men, not specifically for your area.

You then went on to relate it to you, saying trying to date is like talking to a brick wall and so on, which would seem to round this out to the original post being autobiographical.

But now you're totally fine, just in your area specifically (??) and have been with "plenty" of amazing women...as if that's no problem...and indeed, as soon as you cross the county line or whatever mojo apparently you'll be with these amazing women again...?

Hmmm, that is odd. Doesn't match up.

Last edited by JerZ; 10-28-2016 at 03:03 PM..

Old 10-28-2016, 03:01 PM

102,440 posts, read 108,851,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Polymath View Post
There are plenty here on online dating (how else are you going to find them outside of luck?), but that doesn't mean any of them are going to reply, show interest, or even look at his profile. If his situation is anything like mine (though I might be a bit less picky here).
You're saying the chubbies tend to cluster on OLD, is that it? I can't speak to that, since I wouldn't know. It's a good point in favor of trying to meet women IRL, though. There's gotta be singles groups around, though the OP is in a rural area, as I recall, so his situation is a bit different.

*sighhhhh*

Old 10-28-2016, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You're saying the chubbies tend to cluster on OLD, is that it? I can't speak to that, since I wouldn't know. It's a good point in favor of trying to meet women IRL, though. There's gotta be singles groups around, though the OP is in a rural area, as I recall, so his situation is a bit different.

*sighhhhh*
This is about weight? More than two-thirds of all adults are overweight in the U.S. so I doubt it's that OLD has more overweight people. There will seem to be more than a comfortable majority of overweight people of both sexes on OLD because that's a fact IRL too...just in my opinion. But it seems logical.

But this does go for both women and men. There are slender people on OLD, we all know this. Anyone who's been on OLD has seen it. They're there, just as they're there IRL, and they're a numerical minority in OLD, just as they're a numerical minority IRL.

I'm not talking down meeting people outside of OLD, that isn't my intent, but the big woe on OLD seems to be that there aren't any super-amazing, fit, accomplished people on OLD, but look around you, those are in the minority IRL, too. "Average" is called average for a reason, ...and "above-average" is considered a minority quite appropriately.

Old 10-28-2016, 03:11 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,375,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Thematically, yes.

I know PUA when I see it and the memes just sort of seem to roll off my fingers onto they keyboard of their own accord.

The whole principle, the damaged goods idea, baggage, the ridiculous false premises (for example, maybe at some point she'll HAVE to choose between you and one guy who is even worse than you? - to paraphrase)...they all just sound awfully familiar.

As a woman I don't support such phrases, no, and IRL I certainly don't use them.
Good. I feel better.

Old 10-28-2016, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

*sighhhhh*
Huh? I was referring to childfree women (though I'm open to women who don’t have kids yet who may or may not want them). I thought that's what we're talking about here.

I couldn't imagine trying to find love in a rural area. I live where there's 4.2 million people and I got no options.

Old 10-28-2016, 03:21 PM

1,199 posts, read 735,967 times
If you are an attractive dude, dating is never hard.

If you're a normal joe, it gets better late 20s plus if you take care of yourself and are successful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships