Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 12:32 AM

1,702 posts, read 2,324,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matto1020 View Post
Believe me, I tried. Had the third date at my place on a Saturday night but she left at 12:30am because she said she was too drunk. Then we had a few more dates, and the goal was this last date inviting her back to my place again... this time she said she had to leave early.
She should of been going home because you both had sex a few times and you wanted to go to bed now

Showed up at 8, drunk by 10, sex by 11, 12:30 go home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2016, 08:50 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matto1020 View Post
So I've been on six dates now with this girl over the past three weeks, and I really like her. We've gone to dinner, watched sporting events at a bar, had movie night at my place, and have gone to a few hockey games (she loves hockey). We haven't slept together yet, but each date has ended with some good night kissing, and there's been a lot of holding/snuggling on each date.

We are getting together again next Friday, and this will be date number seven and about the one month mark since we first met in person (we texted back and forth for a month prior) while I was in the process of relocating to our city for my job. I really want to let her know that I like her a lot, and that right now, I don't want to date anyone else except for her. Is it still a bit too soon for that or should I just be upfront and honest with her?
Give it a few more dates. Then be more offhand about it. As in, "Hey. You know, I don't know if this is too soon or anything for you, but I'm just not interested in dating anyone but you. I didn't know if you felt the same way about things."

Chances are, she'd like that you were that upfront with her. As long as you aren't pushy about matters.

I mean, I dated my wife six weeks when we were at a concert and someone else forced the issue. She was talking to some girls while I was off getting beers. I strolled back up when one of the girls said, "You know, your girlfriend is so cool." I looked at MrsCPG and said, "I guess it's official now. You're my girlfriend, right?" "I guess so," she replied.

Old 11-19-2016, 02:00 PM

2,324 posts, read 2,906,895 times
leave her alone until she contacts you to plan a date

Ball in her court

Old 11-19-2016, 03:04 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBurgh View Post
leave her alone until she contacts you to plan a date

Ball in her court
Agree. I know its difficult. Its hard when you're more interested in someone than they are in you. Patience is important though. You don't ever want to come off as over eager. You've done well so far.

Old 11-19-2016, 05:11 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,202,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
How did you go on 7 dates without becoming more intimate? I don't understand how an adult male and female can go that long without at least feeling each other's private parts at some point. I mean really?

Some of you people out there are good I guess.

Well its a good thing it didn't happen. See..THIS is why you wait. Sex just muddies things even MORE, ESPESCIALLY if it was the WOMAN in the position as the OP is. Everybody wants to jump into bed before even knowing each other.

If the OP were a woman, and she had slept with the guy only to be told he wasn't feeling a spark, she would be feeling like s*it right now.

No need to jump into each others pants right away. This circumstance right here is why its good to wait. This probably isn't go anywhere, and why should this chick feel the need to sleep with this guy when she wasn't feeling it? Woman aren't obligated to give men their bodies just because y'all want it.

Old 11-19-2016, 05:39 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
Well its a good thing it didn't happen. See..THIS is why you wait. Sex just muddies things even MORE, ESPESCIALLY if it was the WOMAN in the position as the OP is. Everybody wants to jump into bed before even knowing each other.

If the OP were a woman, and she had slept with the guy only to be told he wasn't feeling a spark, she would be feeling like s*it right now.

No need to jump into each others pants right away. This circumstance right here is why its good to wait. This probably isn't go anywhere, and why should this chick feel the need to sleep with this guy when she wasn't feeling it? Woman aren't obligated to give men their bodies just because y'all want it.
You know, I would have disagreed with this in my younger days, but I totally agree now. I want a quality woman, so if she jumps into bed with me too quickly, I can't help but wonder how many other men she's done this with. Its much easier for women to find sex than men, so I want a woman who takes her time to get to know someone before doing that. Patience is never easy when you feel a strong attraction, but a quality woman appreciates a man who takes his time, doesn't escalate things too soon, and is assertive, yet not pushy (ie: it develops naturally). Thats my experience anyway. Besides, if you act different fro all the other men who are just after sex, that communicates quality to a woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships