Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 08:47 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,681,544 times

Advertisements

Unless this is a Yankee fan married to a BoSox fan and it's late September (), absolutely no excuse! This is childish, and anger management/counseling is called for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2009, 10:14 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,237,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle29 View Post
In my search for some unbiased advice, I stumbled upon this forum. My husband and I have been married 4 years, together almost 9 years. We have a passionate, romantic, somewhat turbulent past. We are both stubborn and fiery. When we fight, he resorts to raising his voice and hurtful words. It started with "pyscho" and "I don't care, then, leave" "don't come back". He would apologize after the silent treatment and that was it. We fight more than once every 2 years though, more like every 2 months. Our fights took a turn recently, he said in December, "he wished he could bash my head in" and then in January, "he wished he could stick his fork in my head". You're horrified I know, but he's never been violent and I know without a doubt he would never harm me physically. Now, we have a baby, I told him he can't fight with me infront of her and what has he done now in the short time she's been born, nothing but raise his voice. Today was the worst, I merely asked for clarification and he in his stuborness would not elaborate and got aggitated. Began yelling because I got frustrated and banging the chair on the floor, at which point, the baby began crying hysterically. I was so mad that he once again let me down, I wasn't thinking and pushed him (gently, I know I'm wrong too) out my way to get the baby in which he responded by pushing me back. Had I not been in the shape I am, I would have fell and it left my arm throbbing. I swooped up the baby and left. I have no one to talk to. I don't want to call family because I know I will go back and everyone will look at him as an abusive partner, which he is, but not physically. Is there anyway to improve? Am i to blame, did I push him over the edge? Can someone like this get help and change? Despite all the mean things he says or does, I can't help but love him so much.
Most areas have anger management classes. Family Services could probably point you in the right direction. Good luck!

By-the-way, it's NOT normal nor healthy. I've never raised my voice to my wife nor her to me. Same with my late wife. Now my ex, as I was clearing some of my tools out of our garage during the divorce, she started ragging on me about not taking something or another. For the first time in 30 years of being together, I said, "f-you." That sure got her attention, and she immediately left me alone.

Old 02-22-2009, 10:58 AM

2,383 posts, read 6,058,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangie View Post
'crazy' and/or 'b*tch' during a heated argument? What about throwing a glass at the wall and shattering it and punching a hole in a door? To me these seem way over the top under any circumstances. Just wondering what others think.
My husband and I would not be married if this were the ways things went during a heated argument.
Now, we get mad at each other and say stupid stuff, but nothing like you suggested. If my hubby ever called me the b-word he would be in the dog house, literally!!!

Old 02-22-2009, 11:06 AM

2,412 posts, read 7,178,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel'r View Post
Unless this is a Yankee fan married to a BoSox fan and it's late September (), absolutely no excuse!
What self-respecting Red Sox fan would even think about marrying a Yankee???

Old 02-23-2009, 05:38 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
'crazy' and/or 'b*tch' during a heated argument? What about throwing a glass at the wall and shattering it and punching a hole in a door? To me these seem way over the top under any circumstances. Just wondering what others think.
I think they might have an anger management problem, or a mate that is simply pushing their buttons? Some people are not able to sit down and discuse a disagreement like an adult, and others are so stagnated, they think if someone does not think like they do, they take it as a personal attack against their character. Sad.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:47 AM

537 posts, read 292,085 times
Quote:
No, this kind of behaviour is unacceptable. Words can hurt much as physical abuse.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:00 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,630,992 times
I could cope with "crazy" ( maybe it hasn't got the same connotations in the UK) but B.i.t.c.h would mean me out of the door for good.

I think some words are absolutely unacceptable and can never be taken back .

We all say things we regret in the heat of the moment but there has to be a line drawn at some point. Even in the most heated of arguments we still need to retain a form of respect for the other person or to me it shows the relationship has deteriorated beyond repair.

I have had some serious arguments with my fiance ( we've been together for 20 years) but have never crossed that line.

Respect is paramount, otherwise the damage is to me anyway irreparable.
If you are calling someone you are supposed to love all kinds of abusive words then I suspect love has long left the building. One can show great anger without turning abusive.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:16 AM

2,412 posts, read 5,084,618 times
Quote:
I think due to Merrideth whatever's song, many women happilly refer to themselves in that way nowadays.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:30 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
I don't have an issue with 'crazy.' But the rest? Absolutely not. I have never called my wife a name of any description. And I certainly have never resorted to throwing or hitting--even if it was an inanimate object. I just don't understand people who lose their temper.

Old 02-23-2009, 01:42 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
ditto!!! none of that is acceptable. never.

that signifies a lack of respect. what kind of relationship can two people have (intimate or otherwise) when they dont respect eachother?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships