Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2011, 10:30 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,132,826 times

Advertisements

Huge.

Old 03-12-2011, 09:51 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,914,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momlady530 View Post
As a southern-raised woman living in the North I'll try to compare. As people mentioned, southern women do spend much more time on appearances. Southern women gossip like there's no tomorrow. They are also much more competitive with each other, though they do so in the "nicest" way. Northern women use the time saved not worrying about appearances going to college or advancing their careers. I can sit down and have an intelligent conversation with most northern women. Down south we talk about other people or our hair. Northern women don't play games. If they don't like you that's it. They just won't talk to you. They'll at least wait until you're out of hearing range to start talking about you. You cannot get by on looks alone in the North as you can in the south. Miss Teen South Carolina would not survive one day up north.

Just my observations.
I have noticed this as well. I get special treatment in the south but when I'm back home in Boston, if anythig people give me attitude "Oh, look at this lady with her tan, she must have paid for it"-its okay, I kind of like the abuse, plus northern men are still my type

Old 03-12-2011, 09:54 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,914,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
There is nothing sexier than a Southern woman walking down the path barefoot after a rain wearing a little cotton dress and no underwear.

Except maybe a Jewish Communist Lesbian from New York City about to get it on with a Goth Chick from California.

Hey, dont talk about my sister that way!

Old 03-14-2011, 09:23 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,335,925 times
All cat's are black at night... women are women- the same but different.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:07 PM

1 posts, read 2,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Northern man-" Honey get me a beer"
Northern woman-'' Who was your bi**h last week? Get your own beer.''

Southern man-''Honey get me a beer''
Southern woman-'' you want me to open that for ya baby? What channel is the Tennessee-Alabama game on? I'll flip it to the game while I'm up.''

LMAO!!

I should say however, that as a born and bred Southern girl, I have no problem with your Southern woman's reply. The little "considerations and extras" are the makings of a great hostess,wife or significant other and for the most part are in our DNA!

Old 05-01-2011, 06:27 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,021,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momlady530 View Post
as a southern-raised woman living in the north i'll try to compare. As people mentioned, southern women do spend much more time on appearances. Southern women gossip like there's no tomorrow. They are also much more competitive with each other, though they do so in the "nicest" way. Northern women use the time saved not worrying about appearances going to college or advancing their careers. I can sit down and have an intelligent conversation with most northern women. Down south we talk about other people or our hair. Northern women don't play games. If they don't like you that's it. They just won't talk to you. They'll at least wait until you're out of hearing range to start talking about you. You cannot get by on looks alone in the north as you can in the south. Miss teen south carolina would not survive one day up north.

Just my observations.
very true

Old 05-01-2011, 08:07 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,657,839 times
The thing I've noticed about southern women is they all tend to live south of the mason-dixon line.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:19 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,240,052 times
Southern girls are God's gift to the entire male population. there is absolutely no woman finer than one raised below the mason-dixon line and once you go southern may the good Lord help you - you never go back.

Kenny Chesney quote Via a TRUE Southern Girl....

And by true, I mean, you will find me at my Momma's on Sunday afternoon. And I take care of my man, hand and foot, it's what I WANT to do. I am loved, and I love greatly. I say Y'all(get the apostrophe inthe right place, too.) and Honey, and baby doll.

I wear make-up, have my nails done, I have a tan, (not a store bought one, either) I also color my hair. I drive a new camaro, and i can also drive a john deere tractor, I love to fish and hunt, and as Hank says, I can skin a buck and run a trot line, and I was taught to shoot and ask questions later, so my point is, I can be sweet and loving and have Geunine charm or I can shoot you in the arse with some buckshot if you get out of line.

oh yes, lest I not forget, I also have a degree in Accounting. So I am educated, pretty and sweet. So there you northern chicks, hate on me some more. :P

Old 05-02-2011, 07:45 AM

859 posts, read 2,830,375 times
My vote is for southern women 1000%. The women up north here tend to think they are a whole lot better than they are and typically have an attitude like you owe them something. All this is assuming you can get past the B_itch attitude they put up.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:15 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,495,648 times
It astounds me that so many Northerners seem to think that Southern women still live like Scarlett in Gone With the Wind. Apparently you've never met one of our ladies who has graduated from Ole Miss or Georgia or LSU. They are smart AND feminine! Cant beat that combination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships