Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2010, 02:14 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,580,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflower101 View Post
Is there a difference between southern women and northern women?
Discuss
No difference, women are women either way

Old 07-26-2010, 09:16 AM

11 posts, read 13,607 times
Well it all depends on the woman. If she's not a good woman she's not. No real matter where she lives. From my experince though, Northern are the stronger more level headed women and southern women are the more sweet perky charming women.

Old 07-26-2010, 03:15 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,319,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Sorry that I keep bringing up country singers but I think Kelly Pickler would be the perfect stereotypical image of a Southern belle, she is so incredibly dumb, rednecky, trashy but so funny at the same time Her interviews are hilarious!
No, Kellie Pickler is not the stereotypical Southern belle. Reese Witherspoon or Julia Roberts would be better examples. Most of us are not dumb, redneck, or trash. We are not all obese either.

Old 07-26-2010, 03:18 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,929,122 times
More Southern women are built for speed, in the North their built for endurance.

Old 07-26-2010, 04:35 PM

389 posts, read 777,146 times
Yeah I don't think that Kellie Pickler is very Southern Belle. A lot of people just can't tell the difference between a southern belle & a redneck white trash woman.

Southern Belle: Lady-like, pretty, charming, refined, intricate, got that sweet soft southern accent, etc (Blanche Devauraux off the Golden Girls)

Redneck white trash woman: Live in a trailor park, dirty house, paint stained T-shirts & cut up jeans in a fancy restaurant or store, thick southern drawl that makes her sound stupid, etc (can't even think of anyone famous who resembles that)

Kellie Pickler is just a modern day southerner. She's not a Belle or a redneck.

Jessie

Old 07-27-2010, 10:37 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,886,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Yeah Southern ladies tease their hair, Northern ladies don't. lol j/k
Nothing wrong with teased up hair. I tease mine sometimes. But that's because I have short hair now and I think short hair looks better teased up some and curled.

Old 07-27-2010, 01:37 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,319,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinaJo76 View Post
Nothing wrong with teased up hair. I tease mine sometimes. But that's because I have short hair now and I think short hair looks better teased up some and curled.
I'm from Bama, and no woman I know teases their hair. We don't have "big hair" anymore. Look at the Southern women that are famous to get an idea.

Old 07-27-2010, 02:37 PM

2,101 posts, read 4,527,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelwoman View Post
Redneck white trash woman: Live in a trailor park, dirty house, paint stained T-shirts & cut up jeans in a fancy restaurant or store, thick southern drawl that makes her sound stupid, etc (can't even think of anyone famous who resembles that)
Britney Spears. Well, mostly for her accent. Have you ever heard her speak? She sounds like an idiot.

I live in Austin, and I don't really come across many of the stereotypical "southern" women that everyone is talking about on this thread. I think it's because Austin is culturally different than the rest of Texas.

Old 09-11-2010, 05:06 PM

1 posts, read 3,206 times
I'm Texas Raised and the things most of ya'll put on here actually pissed me off. For One, Most of us don't Sugar Coat things, but were not rude about it. If we don't like you, we won't associate with you. Simple. We don't have thick accents either. Though, we do like to look our best at all times, but that doesn't mean we're high maintenance. We are Sweet though and have a good sense of Humor. Most of us are laid-back. Plus, Church is Okay, but the least of our concerns. The Most important thing to is being successful in life. So, Before you start assuming things, meet a southern girl, before you start talking **** about them,Hun(:

Old 09-23-2010, 12:30 AM

1 posts, read 3,160 times
Default Big Misconception

Thats a misconception. All southern women dont have big hair. Just most in some states. Just because we have southern charm doesnt make up fake. We are classy about our competition and not all southern women are stupid. We have brains to go with our looks. Most air heads come from up north.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships