Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2017, 02:04 PM

16 posts, read 18,402 times

Advertisements

My gf and I are a lesbian couple who have been in a loving relationship for 5 years, we now own a house together and are even considering adoption soon. We have never had any incidences of violence in the past. My gf doesn't even like to raise her voice. I'm definitely the more feisty one. I've always had trust issues due to being cheated on in the past so on this particular night I saw a text pop up from a random girl's name, I asked her who it was, and she told me it was her friend. I didn't believe her so I snatched the phone but it was locked. I told her to give me her password and she wouldn't. I stupidly in the heat of the moment threw the phone across the floor and shattered the screen. Then I got the shock of my life because she slapped the **** out of me. Mind you she's a lot bigger, taller, and stronger than me. But at that moment, I was pissed so I hit her back and we started fighting like for real. She ended up whooping my ass bad. I was screaming and the guy who rents our basement out heard us and pulled her off of me. She left that night to stay with her mom, but she's back in the house now. She apologized but I still told her to sleep in the guest room because I'm not over it. I can't believe she would ever put her hands on me like that. I want to get past this because I love her, and we have built a life together but idk if things will go back to normal. Any advice you all may have would be appreciated.

Old 10-18-2017, 02:05 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Break up.

And welcome to CD!

Old 10-18-2017, 02:10 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Yeah - you BOTH have issues that just were buried until now. This wasn't a single slap but an all out physical fight. There's a lot more going on than maybe you knew about - now that you do, why would you consider staying and having a kid together?

Old 10-18-2017, 02:12 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,243,709 times
You BOTH have serious issues. Don't drag a kid through that.

Old 10-18-2017, 02:15 PM

25 posts, read 19,469 times
This is unsurprising. Look up the statistics.

Old 10-18-2017, 02:17 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie93 View Post
My gf and I are a lesbian couple who have been in a loving relationship for 5 years, we now own a house together and are even considering adoption soon. We have never had any incidences of violence in the past. My gf doesn't even like to raise her voice. I'm definitely the more feisty one. I've always had trust issues due to being cheated on in the past so on this particular night I saw a text pop up from a random girl's name, I asked her who it was, and she told me it was her friend. I didn't believe her so I snatched the phone but it was locked. I told her to give me her password and she wouldn't. I stupidly in the heat of the moment threw the phone across the floor and shattered the screen. Then I got the shock of my life because she slapped the **** out of me. Mind you she's a lot bigger, taller, and stronger than me. But at that moment, I was pissed so I hit her back and we started fighting like for real. She ended up whooping my ass bad. I was screaming and the guy who rents our basement out heard us and pulled her off of me. She left that night to stay with her mom, but she's back in the house now. She apologized but I still told her to sleep in the guest room because I'm not over it. I can't believe she would ever put her hands on me like that. I want to get past this because I love her, and we have built a life together but idk if things will go back to normal. Any advice you all may have would be appreciated.
don't break other people's stuff. You got what you deserved. You cannot put this all on her. Sorry, dudette, that's all I have to say.

Old 10-18-2017, 02:18 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinous View Post
This is unsurprising. Look up the statistics.
What statistics? How many people get beat up after breaking someones phone?

Old 10-18-2017, 02:18 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
OP, reread what you typed but change your girlfriend to the word boyfriend then take yourself out the story and put a random woman. What would you tell that random woman to do in the same situation? There is your answer.

Old 10-18-2017, 02:20 PM

16 posts, read 18,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
don't break other people's stuff. You got what you deserved. You cannot put this all on her. Sorry, dudette, that's all I have to say.
I wouldn't say I deserved to get beat up...
I shouldn't have broken her phone but I still think she went way too far over a material item that can be fixed. I've never seen her explode like that. It was scary.

Old 10-18-2017, 02:21 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Somehow, I've managed to go my entire life without ever getting into a physical fight. You both belong in jail for assault.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.