Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 10:40 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,642,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Let's break this down a bit....

you admit to trust issues
you stole someone else's property maybe worth $500 - $1000
you demanded for her to give up her personal password
you then decided to commit a violent act yourself and broke said valuable property above

then you're crying cause you got a fresh one popped to your mouth? I wouldn't call a slap "getting beat up" and quite frankly you deserve recourse for your behavior. Maybe not exactly a slap but likely something of significance. She's probably better off to be without your entitled, speculating, troubled self.

Please have her put you in her rear view ASAP.

This is getting beaten up fyi... :

http://destinationfemme.com/wp-conte...7/rihanna2.png
The slap was only the first blow.

Old 10-19-2017, 12:53 PM

23,312 posts, read 18,877,894 times
Even though one attempted an apology, still sounds like children wanting to have children. Sad.

Old 10-19-2017, 05:09 PM

16 posts, read 18,463 times
After it happened, I was so upset so I told my parents and sisters what she did, and they were furious , even more than I was. I wish I never told them b/c they love her. My mom looks at her as her own child. But I'm sure she feels differently now. The holidays are coming up and I really don't want any conflicts to break out. I come from a family of hotheads, which is probably where I get it from smh. Is there a way I could make this better between them?

Old 10-19-2017, 05:42 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,642,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie93 View Post
After it happened, I was so upset so I told my parents and sisters what she did, and they were furious , even more than I was. I wish I never told them b/c they love her. My mom looks at her as her own child. But I'm sure she feels differently now. The holidays are coming up and I really don't want any conflicts to break out. I come from a family of hotheads, which is probably where I get it from smh. Is there a way I could make this better between them?
If my adult daughter told me that her girlfriend had physically attacked her, I would NEVER be OK with that girlfriend EVER, no matter how much I had adored her before. What parent would? That's MY BABY; you dont put your hands in anger on my baby and somehow stay on my good side.

Old 10-19-2017, 05:49 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,449,948 times
Quote:
My gf and I are a lesbian couple who have been in a loving relationship for 5 years, we now own a house together and are even considering adoption soon. We have never had any incidences of violence in the past. My gf doesn't even like to raise her voice. I'm definitely the more feisty one. I've always had trust issues due to being cheated on in the past so on this particular night I saw a text pop up from a random girl's name, I asked her who it was, and she told me it was her friend. I didn't believe her so I snatched the phone but it was locked. I told her to give me her password and she wouldn't. I stupidly in the heat of the moment threw the phone across the floor and shattered the screen. Then I got the shock of my life because she slapped the **** out of me. Mind you she's a lot bigger, taller, and stronger than me. But at that moment, I was pissed so I hit her back and we started fighting like for real. She ended up whooping my ass bad. I was screaming and the guy who rents our basement out heard us and pulled her off of me. She left that night to stay with her mom, but she's back in the house now. She apologized but I still told her to sleep in the guest room because I'm not over it. I can't believe she would ever put her hands on me like that. I want to get past this because I love her, and we have built a life together but idk if things will go back to normal. Any advice you all may have would be appreciated.
Sounds like a match made in hell to me. On your end why did you break her phone? Got anger issues? I think there's a lot not being said here and this was not as spontanious as is being portrayed. This was a pressure cooker type blow up. Stop any plans together now.

Old 10-19-2017, 07:11 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,177,104 times
Quote:
Unfortunately, I think what happened was irreversible. As people have been telling you, it's best if you cut your losses & move on.

Old 10-19-2017, 07:18 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
Quote:
Ha ha, OK. The narrative continues although no one asked for it. Welcome to CD.

Old 10-19-2017, 10:47 PM

23,312 posts, read 18,877,894 times
Quote:
I keep reading about all the outrage over what SHE did to YOU, but no admissions about what YOU did to trigger it. Yes, you keep mentioning that you are a hothead and have a temper. This violent event had 2 participants. IMHO you both need to admit it and find ways to cope no matter who you end up staying with.

Old 10-20-2017, 07:08 AM

212 posts, read 162,439 times
Quote:
Yes there most certainly is. End the relationship and get yourself into therapy to find out why you are so distrustful and have low impulse control so you can learn to communicate properly instead of excusing your behavior by saying you are feisty and come from a family of hot heads and blaming other people for your poor choices.

On top of that, you want to bring an innocent child into the picture when you don't have your own life together. Being a parent means putting your child's needs first, they are not toys and I can only imagine the type of environment that poor baby would be brought into. Trust issues, low self discipline and domestic violence just to start.

Old 10-20-2017, 07:11 AM

6,454 posts, read 9,820,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonHB View Post
I keep reading about all the outrage over what SHE did to YOU, but no admissions about what YOU did to trigger it. Yes, you keep mentioning that you are a hothead and have a temper. This violent event had 2 participants. IMHO you both need to admit it and find ways to cope no matter who you end up staying with.

I agree with you!!

I think the OP started it,. then the GF finally had enough and snapped on her. I bet its the last time she throws her gf's phone. I'm sure she didn't give her family the whole story so of course they will hate the GF.

OP is not the victim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.