Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2018, 08:06 AM

25 posts, read 18,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTY483 View Post
You've known each other for 6 months but have only spoken 3 times and, I'm going to assume, been on 0 dates??? Forget it!! Unless he's a Chris Hemsworth look-a-like then move on.
Read a few posts up and you'll know what's going on now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2018, 08:28 AM

11,398 posts, read 24,475,814 times
This relationship sounds tiresome and tedious. Is it worth it? I’d find his lack of resilience and perpetual hesitancy a turnoff. Who needs a man they have to handle with kid gloves?

Old 01-28-2018, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
This relationship sounds tiresome and tedious. Is it worth it? I’d find his lack of resilience and perpetual hesitancy a turnoff. Who needs a man they have to handle with kid gloves?
Well, I want to try because he really is a great guy. We've really talked a lot even though mainly through texts. I want to give it a chance without entering it with too high expectations. I mean, there's nothing to lose and quite a lot to gain.

Old 01-28-2018, 08:41 AM

4,004 posts, read 2,087,287 times
I don't know why you didn't go to the party. As long as the party wasn't 7 miles back down a dirt road in a swamp or something, you could have always left if there was a problem. It would have given you a chance to see what type of people he associates with as well.

I'm probably totally off base here, but the way you wrote everything, it sounds like you are the one with the trust issues, and for some reason you are saying it is him instead. He seems ready and willing to me.

Old 01-28-2018, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
I don't know why you didn't go to the party. As long as the party wasn't 7 miles back down a dirt road in a swamp or something, you could have always left if there was a problem. It would have given you a chance to see what type of people he associates with as well.

I'm probably totally off base here, but the way you wrote everything, it sounds like you are the one with the trust issues, and for some reason you are saying it is him instead. He seems ready and willing to me.
I know now that I should have gone there but I really didn't feel ready to spend quite a lot of time with strangers and a guy I barely knew. I regret it now but I can't turn back time.

When it comes to trust issues, yeah I'm not a person who easily trusts people, plus I'm shy around men so it doesn't make me an incredibly straightforward woman when it comes to expressing my feelings. And probably because of that he's moving slowly. However, he did tell me on a few occasions about his difficulties in trusting women due to his previous experience and I told him what I've just written about myself. I'm not really experienced in relationships so maybe my behaviour stops him from progressing faster. I'm going to meet with him again and we'll see.

Old 01-28-2018, 08:52 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,400,043 times
Stop talking to him altogether. He is throwing crumbs at you, not giving you a date or personal time with him. Just sending out texts and messages. He may be using you temporarily because he is lonely or needs a shoulder to cry on.

Old 01-28-2018, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Stop talking to him altogether. He is throwing crumbs at you, not giving you a date or personal time with him. Just sending out texts and messages. He may be using you temporarily because he is lonely or needs a shoulder to cry on.
Have you read the whole thread? I wrote a few posts back that we met yesterday and we're going to meet again next week. He's mentioned next week's meeting twice yesterday during the date and after that as well.

Old 01-28-2018, 09:03 AM

4,004 posts, read 2,087,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WomanInTheMirror View Post
I know now that I should have gone there but I really didn't feel ready to spend quite a lot of time with strangers and a guy I barely knew. I regret it now but I can't turn back time.

When it comes to trust issues, yeah I'm not a person who easily trusts people, plus I'm shy around men so it doesn't make me an incredibly straightforward woman when it comes to expressing my feelings. And probably because of that he's moving slowly. However, he did tell me on a few occasions about his difficulties in trusting women due to his previous experience and I told him what I've just written about myself. I'm not really experienced in relationships so maybe my behaviour stops him from progressing faster. I'm going to meet with him again and we'll see.
I can easily relate to being shy. It's great that you are finally making contact, and I hope it works out.

If it doesn't, you have at least broken the ice on getting yourself out there and dating. Congratulations and best wishes!

Old 01-28-2018, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
I can easily relate to being shy. It's great that you are finally making contact, and I hope it works out.

If it doesn't, you have at least broken the ice on getting yourself out there and dating. Congratulations and best wishes!
Thank you! Keep your fingers crossed for us

Old 01-28-2018, 12:31 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,878,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
^^^^^ One reason why people shouldn't just read and answer the opening post and not the thread.
Noted. But still
Quote:
Originally Posted by WomanInTheMirror View Post
We've been messaging with each other for about 3 weeks now and we've known each other for about half a year but talked only a few times.
???? So you've known each other for 6 months but just had your first phone conversation 3 weeks ago? C'mon, is that what social interaction and courtship has been reduced to? Something is wrong. I think he's married.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships