Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2018, 02:41 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicTraveler21 View Post
Thank you.

How's this for irony?

I am now dating a man 11 years my senior who has no erection problems. Ah, life.
I don't think that's irony. I think that's science. Not all men of any given age will experience ED, as has been pointed out many times. Meanwhile, a percentage will. I don't know why there's such a struggle to accept these facts, LOL, but I AM glad you're happy. Much happiness to you both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2018, 02:50 PM

136 posts, read 101,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I don't think that's irony. I think that's science. Not all men of any given age will experience ED, as has been pointed out many times. Meanwhile, a percentage will. I don't know why there's such a struggle to accept these facts, LOL, but I AM glad you're happy. Much happiness to you both.
Thank you,

Can we close this thread now? LOL

Old 05-09-2018, 02:52 PM

20,393 posts, read 14,667,898 times
Quote:
Thank you.

How's this for irony?

I am now dating a man 11 years my senior who has no erection problems. Ah, life.
Life, indeed!

The first man I ever encountered who had that issue, we were both teenagers. I think he was maybe 17 then. He had, it turned out (I reconnected a little with him on social media many years later) undiagnosed health problems. Very serious ones, mental and physical.

Later a man in his late 30's had sporadic issues that I suspect were to do with habituation to his own touch during a few years' dry spell before me. Let's just say, fellas, that if you develop a fairly intense technique that is nothing at all like what a partner's anatomy feels like, you could end up having some issues.

My present bf, has also had occasional issues, but a.) habituation, b.) psychological stuff at first, c.) prostate issues, d.) blood pressure meds, and e.) he's almost 60. Really I should probably feel lucky he is able to get going most of the time! Yet also always worth a mention, he IS by far the most skilled lover I've ever been with. I say that a lot, because it's true, and because I love him and I like to brag on him. Let no one think that when I talk about the stuff we've dealt with, that I'm complaining. I SO am not!

Other than those few, I've had guys of many ages, up into their 50's, who had no problems.

Old 05-09-2018, 08:41 PM

1,485 posts, read 954,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Life, indeed!

The first man I ever encountered who had that issue, we were both teenagers. I think he was maybe 17 then. He had, it turned out (I reconnected a little with him on social media many years later) undiagnosed health problems. Very serious ones, mental and physical.

Later a man in his late 30's had sporadic issues that I suspect were to do with habituation to his own touch during a few years' dry spell before me. Let's just say, fellas, that if you develop a fairly intense technique that is nothing at all like what a partner's anatomy feels like, you could end up having some issues.

My present bf, has also had occasional issues, but a.) habituation, b.) psychological stuff at first, c.) prostate issues, d.) blood pressure meds, and e.) he's almost 60. Really I should probably feel lucky he is able to get going most of the time! Yet also always worth a mention, he IS by far the most skilled lover I've ever been with. I say that a lot, because it's true, and because I love him and I like to brag on him. Let no one think that when I talk about the stuff we've dealt with, that I'm complaining. I SO am not!

Other than those few, I've had guys of many ages, up into their 50's, who had no problems.
Here it is guys! This is what women talk about with their close girlfriends, only they make it known WHO and mention names! So the next time their friends see you, your most private business has already been exposed and laughed at by these women.

In my own case, I did lose my erection once a couple years ago. In the middle of doing the deed something in my lower back felt like it popped, accompanied by pain going down the back of my leg. And I couldn't continue.

I took a few Aleve and spend some time in the jacuzzi and I felt like new in about 5 days.

Old 05-09-2018, 10:23 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,017,645 times
I hope I remember to bump this thread every so often if it ever starts to lose traction. I just love the thread title!

Old 05-10-2018, 07:32 AM

136 posts, read 101,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkstar71 View Post
Here it is guys! This is what women talk about with their close girlfriends, only they make it known WHO and mention names! So the next time their friends see you, your most private business has already been exposed and laughed at by these women.
You are so right. We talk about EVERYTHING!

Old 05-10-2018, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkstar71 View Post

In my own case, I did lose my erection once a couple years ago. In the middle of doing the deed something in my lower back felt like it popped, accompanied by pain going down the back of my leg. And I couldn't continue.

I took a few Aleve and spend some time in the jacuzzi and I felt like new in about 5 days.
Quote:
You are so right. We talk about EVERYTHING!
While I'd agree that I do talk to some of my closest people (and hell, the internet at times) about all sorts of stuff, and I am not very private, as I've mentioned elsewhere, I've learned to be very upfront about that fact with partners and close associates. They know that if they want me to keep hush about something, they need to ask. I can--it's just not the default. My boyfriend would not be at all surprised if he saw that I discuss these things. And he doesn't have a darn thing to be ashamed of.

But as for mocking or laughing? Oh hell no. I'm a compassionate soul and even when I share some of the bad stuff about my ex, I'm telling MY STORY and he is a part of it...and at no time is it a matter for mean-spirited mocking. Not only is that not me, I also do not associate with low, mean people who mock others for their struggles. Nope. I don't have time or space for that kind of energy in my life.

Old 05-10-2018, 07:50 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
Quote:
Life, indeed!

In regards to the bolded. I think people in general should be careful about "bragging" on their partner. I was watching something the other day, and this woman made a really good point. She stated that bragging on your partner can cause unwanted attention and even tempt a few snakes to go after them. I guess in a situation where non-monogamy is established it wouldn't be a problem, however, most relationships on average aren't like that.

Some will argue, if someone wants to go after your partner, they will, bragging or not. Regardless, I don't think one should open that door. Folks don't need to know what your partner has going on. Maybe I'm just paranoid but I've seen it happen.

Old 05-10-2018, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
In regards to the bolded. I think people in general should be careful about "bragging" on their partner. I was watching something the other day, and this woman made a really good point. She stated that bragging on your partner can cause unwanted attention and even tempt a few snakes to go after them. I guess in a situation where non-monogamy is established it wouldn't be a problem, however, most relationships on average aren't like that.

Some will argue, if someone wants to go after your partner, they will, bragging or not. Regardless, I don't think one should open that door. Folks don't need to know what your partner has going on. Maybe I'm just paranoid but I've seen it happen.
People in general maybe. I don't do relationships like people in general though. *shrug* But everybody knows that.

I'm a bit the opposite, I WANT other people to appreciate him. I feel he's been under-appreciated his whole life. I want other women to boost his confidence, as much as I boost his confidence. I want him to feel happy in his own skin, and I would love it if my female friends said to him, "Wow, so according to <Spork> you really keep her one happy lady. She is lucky to have you." I want our male friends to ask him how he does it. I want him to feel like king of the world. Because in my eyes, he IS.

Other ladies can try to shmooze up on him all they like. I completely trust him. And yeah, we can be non-mono, it's not 100% off the table, but I know (knowing him) it's not very likely. At least not insofar as intercourse or emotional bonds are concerned. Lighter forms of play are a little more probable, but that's not a level of talk for me to be engaging in here.

You know...I understand I'm not like "most people"...but sometimes I can't understand why anyone would want to live like that, like some of the stories I read here, like others I have known, because it seems like having to be so fearful and vigilant all the time, and the idea that one cannot trust their partner, and has to fend off other people lest they be tempted beyond their control...it saddens me. Not my place to judge I guess, but that isn't the kind of mindset I want to deal with.

Old 05-10-2018, 08:17 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
Quote:
People in general maybe. I don't do relationships like people in general though. *shrug* But everybody knows that.

I'm a bit the opposite, I WANT other people to appreciate him. I feel he's been under-appreciated his whole life. I want other women to boost his confidence, as much as I boost his confidence. I want him to feel happy in his own skin, and I would love it if my female friends said to him, "Wow, so according to <Spork> you really keep her one happy lady. She is lucky to have you." I want our male friends to ask him how he does it. I want him to feel like king of the world. Because in my eyes, he IS.

Other ladies can try to shmooze up on him all they like. I completely trust him. And yeah, we can be non-mono, it's not 100% off the table, but I know (knowing him) it's not very likely. At least not insofar as intercourse or emotional bonds are concerned. Lighter forms of play are a little more probable, but that's not a level of talk for me to be engaging in here.

You know...I understand I'm not like "most people"...but sometimes I can't understand why anyone would want to live like that, like some of the stories I read here, like others I have known, because it seems like having to be so fearful and vigilant all the time, and the idea that one cannot trust their partner, and has to fend off other people lest they be tempted beyond their control...it saddens me. Not my place to judge I guess, but that isn't the kind of mindset I want to deal with.
That's understandable and fair.

It's mainly about conditioning and how experiences shape people. It's a mixture of environmental and personal factors. Like you say, it may sadden you because you see it as being vigilant and fearful. While to them they see it as being smart and prudent, but they're happy/satisfied with living by that. Some people are just not comfortable with that type of attention. I just decide what mindsets I'm compatible/not compatible with and keep it pushing.

Different strokes for different folks. I just thought I'd offer a different take on the situation.

Last edited by Auraliea; 05-10-2018 at 08:35 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships