Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 12:00 PM

3,926 posts, read 2,044,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
I had a free account at Match but decided it was redundant to my two other OLD accounts. I'm glad I didn't pick Match.

That's too bad. My bucket list: end all war, bring mankind together in racial harmony, discover the cure for cancer, and invent nuclear fusion power.

Oh, and I want to vacation in Europe!
I don't see the point in joining more than one dating site because the same people are on all the sites across the board, all from the same area. ;lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2018, 12:19 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,173,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
I don't see the point in joining more than one dating site because the same people are on all the sites across the board, all from the same area. ;lol
Not at all. Remember that you live in Smalltown America an I live in Lost Angeles. My dating pool is bigger than yours! (woah! size counts! ) I have never once seen the same person on both sites (from Jan. 2018). My first date total for 2018 is nearing 20 and I can't recall a single one of them mentioning a site other than the one we met on.

I think we should all realize that OLD sites are very different for people living in small towns than for those who live in metropolitan areas.

I joined two sites just to increase my range of choices, and because the additional expense (about $1/day per site) is trivial. TBH I just wish I could cut to the chase scene and meet my SO and get off the sites. The sooner that happens the happier I'll be. I want my only dating question to be, "Honey? Cook at home or dine out?"

Old 09-12-2018, 05:00 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,141,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
I'd say around 30% of women's profiles have that as well.

If you can't take any effort to put anything down, I swipe left.
This

Old 09-12-2018, 09:25 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,904,952 times
I tend to believe from observation when you see that in a Woman's profile for OLD they are a "working girl"

Old 09-12-2018, 10:05 PM

3,926 posts, read 2,044,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Not at all. Remember that you live in Smalltown America an I live in Lost Angeles. My dating pool is bigger than yours! (woah! size counts! ) I have never once seen the same person on both sites (from Jan. 2018). My first date total for 2018 is nearing 20 and I can't recall a single one of them mentioning a site other than the one we met on.

I think we should all realize that OLD sites are very different for people living in small towns than for those who live in metropolitan areas.

I joined two sites just to increase my range of choices, and because the additional expense (about $1/day per site) is trivial. TBH I just wish I could cut to the chase scene and meet my SO and get off the sites. The sooner that happens the happier I'll be. I want my only dating question to be, "Honey? Cook at home or dine out?"
LOL..you know what's funny? Sometimes I'd see the same faces of the same women on Facebook. Some even popped up in the "people you may know" list. So...I just go that route lol

Quote:
You have no idea the relief I feel sometimes when I think I have a lady on lock. When a date goes well and stuff. I'm like "Is this it? Am I finally going to stop going to those sites and focus on this lovely lady only?

Old 09-13-2018, 12:08 AM

777 posts, read 453,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
I wouldn't be so sure.

While I did try a number of sites, I was generally only really focused on one at a time. And I met my SO on the one and only site he was on.

I generally saw SOME new faces when I switched dating sites.

I also occasionally spotted discrepancies in profiles of other people from one site to another. (On one site, separated, another site divorced - one site 5'8", another site 5'10".....) That made it really easy to eliminate them from consideration, as I do not tolerate liars.

Old 09-13-2018, 06:46 AM

4,717 posts, read 3,280,503 times
Right now I've got a paying membership only on Match.com. If that doesn't work I'll switch to e-Harmony, but I plan on paying for only one at a time.

Old 09-13-2018, 06:53 AM

8,446 posts, read 4,766,700 times
I wonder if there is a correlation between guys who put "just ask" in their profiles and guys who send unsolicited dick pics?

Maybe they mean "just ask for dick pics"?

Old 09-13-2018, 07:25 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,690,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
I tend to believe from observation when you see that in a Woman's profile for OLD they are a "working girl"

Oh EVERYTHING makes you guys think she's a "working girl".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
I wonder if there is a correlation between guys who put "just ask" in their profiles and guys who send unsolicited dick pics?

Maybe they mean "just ask for dick pics"?
I should knock on some wood before I say this, but I have never gotten dick pics.

Old 09-13-2018, 11:11 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,173,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by athena53 View Post
Right now I've got a paying membership only on Match.com. If that doesn't work I'll switch to e-Harmony, but I plan on paying for only one at a time.
That's a good plan! I was paid on eHarmony and free on Match, didn't see a lot of difference between the sites, and could have picked either. — Note that some apparently competing sites are owned by the same entity. I don't know which ones they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I should knock on some wood before I say this, but I have never gotten dick pics.
I hope any Dick pics you get are from men named Richard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships