Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 10:24 AM

8 posts, read 3,589 times

Advertisements

Background story:
So, me and this girl (lets call her Jenny) do have a history (10+ years ago). We were very good friends, but we never actually had sex..
I wasn't at that time sure that I wanted to be with her.

I found another girl (lets call her Hanna) which I had 2 children with, and I lost all contact with Jenny.

A few months ago Hanna and I decided to move seperate ways, feelings died and we didn't work well as a couple or parents together.

I've think I never really forgot about these feelings I had for Jenny, she still was "friends of friends", and I always felt like a "chill" in me whenever her name was brought up, or saw her online.

1 week ago, I met her at a party. I got pretty drunk, talked alot to her, and ended up telling her that I've always had feelings for her, that I was certain that WE we ment to be, that I love her.......

She is in a (5+ years) relationship with a guy she has 2 kids with..

Now here's the tricky part...:

She said that it probably would've been "us", if we played our cards right, but she is now in a relationship, and cannot/won't engage in anything else than a friendship. I respect that.

I don't know if it was the alcohol, but she said she wanted to kiss me, but couldn't. (We almost did).
I know she is not a girl who would cheat on her partner.

The day after the party, I texted her and apologized for telling her all this ****, (I didn't want to burden her with my feelings).

She says it's ok, and isn't really sure if she is glad I told her, or not, but she want's to stay as friends. I tell her I also would like that.

The following days we text ALOT on snapchat, catching up etc etc..

Yesterday, she says she's travelling out of town, just for 1 day.. The following messages are sent:
Me: Oh, that will probably be fun =)
Her: I'm not really sure, I might be bored..
Me: Nonsense, getting out of town, even for a day is healthy
Her: But who would keep me company, you?

long pause

Me: Yeah, I would
Her: No you wouldn't, I was just joking..
Me: Well, I wasn't.
Her: Really?
Me: Definitively.

We text back and forth, and she starts to question "us"..:
Her: It wouldn't be fair to you
Me: Why?
Her: You know, are you really ok with us beeing just friends?

Long pause

Me: Our friendship is to important to throw away, so yes. Now, I'm REALLY unsure about this part, even if I really DO treasure our friendship
Her: Okey :-)

Thats basically the story, as detailed as I could write :P

I would love any tips for what to do in my situation :/
Do I try continue this friendship, or do I stay away from her for my own sake?
Do you think she wants to stay as good friends just to see what happens in the future?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2018, 10:28 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
You're in love with a woman in a relationship...

What could go wrong?

Old 11-14-2018, 10:45 AM

553 posts, read 302,393 times
Are you looking for permission to pursue a married women with kids?
Are hoping to find someone who will tell you that it is ok to keep up this flirting and friendly banter, that her husband wouldn’t mind?
Maybe you should ask her husband what he thinks about this?

What she is doing is wrong. What you are doing is wrong. You already know that.

Old 11-14-2018, 11:03 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Don't pretend what you have is a friendship, because its not. You're just trying to get laid, LOl.

There's millions of single women out there, go pick one. And go take care of your kids.

Old 11-14-2018, 11:12 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,451,329 times
getting drunk.
Blaming alcohol saying things you know is crossing boundaries.
Asking for Snapchats from other girls.

You know what you’re doing, it doesn’t involve friendship either.

Old 11-14-2018, 11:12 AM

Im not asking permission for anything, I'm simply trying to decipher her and her situation..

Not sure why you are attacking me or her, as I can't see where I am giving the impression that either of us were to do something unfair towards her man. (They are not engaged/married).

I'm NOT trying to be a homewrecker, I respect her when she says she is in a relationship, I am NOT trying to get her to leave her man, OR engage anything other than a friendship (As mentioned we had a very good friendship, which I really would like to have back, and by firendship I mean FRIENDSHIP.

BUT, as I don't know anything about their relationship and its health, and IF they were to break it off (at some point), I would like to be there..

Old 11-14-2018, 11:14 AM

11,159 posts, read 7,961,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolt View Post
Im not asking permission for anything, I'm simply trying to decipher her and her situation..

Not sure why you are attacking me or her, as I can't see where I am giving the impression that either of us were to do something unfair towards her man. (They are not engaged/married).

I'm NOT trying to be a homewrecker, I respect her when she says she is in a relationship, I am NOT trying to get her to leave her man, OR engage anything other than a friendship (As mentioned we had a very good friendship, which I really would like to have back, and by firendship I mean FRIENDSHIP.

BUT, as I don't know anything about their relationship and its health, and IF they were to break it off (at some point), I would like to be there..
Yet......

Old 11-14-2018, 11:15 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,451,329 times
Quote:

Your actions have put you in the situion you find yourself in. How effortlessly you find this is irrelevant.

Old 11-14-2018, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Don't pretend what you have is a friendship, because its not. You're just trying to get laid, LOl.

There's millions of single women out there, go pick one. And go take care of your kids.
I don't think you understand, I don't really care about "getting laid"..
I've known her for 20 years (minus the years we lost contact).

I'm not going into the "true love" ****, but this is simply not just a crush or a quest to "win" someone elses girl..

Old 11-14-2018, 11:18 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,453,043 times
Quote:
Background story:
So, me and this girl (lets call her Jenny) do have a history (10+ years ago). We were very good friends, but we never actually had sex..
I wasn't at that time sure that I wanted to be with her.

I found another girl (lets call her Hanna) which I had 2 children with, and I lost all contact with Jenny.

A few months ago Hanna and I decided to move seperate ways, feelings died and we didn't work well as a couple or parents together.

I've think I never really forgot about these feelings I had for Jenny, she still was "friends of friends", and I always felt like a "chill" in me whenever her name was brought up, or saw her online.

1 week ago, I met her at a party. I got pretty drunk, talked alot to her, and ended up telling her that I've always had feelings for her, that I was certain that WE we ment to be, that I love her.......

She is in a (5+ years) relationship with a guy she has 2 kids with..

Now here's the tricky part...:

She said that it probably would've been "us", if we played our cards right, but she is now in a relationship, and cannot/won't engage in anything else than a friendship. I respect that.

I don't know if it was the alcohol, but she said she wanted to kiss me, but couldn't. (We almost did).
I know she is not a girl who would cheat on her partner.

The day after the party, I texted her and apologized for telling her all this ****, (I didn't want to burden her with my feelings).

She says it's ok, and isn't really sure if she is glad I told her, or not, but she want's to stay as friends. I tell her I also would like that.

The following days we text ALOT on snapchat, catching up etc etc..

Yesterday, she says she's travelling out of town, just for 1 day.. The following messages are sent:
Me: Oh, that will probably be fun =)
Her: I'm not really sure, I might be bored..
Me: Nonsense, getting out of town, even for a day is healthy
Her: But who would keep me company, you?

long pause

Me: Yeah, I would
Her: No you wouldn't, I was just joking..
Me: Well, I wasn't.
Her: Really?
Me: Definitively.

We text back and forth, and she starts to question "us"..:
Her: It wouldn't be fair to you
Me: Why?
Her: You know, are you really ok with us beeing just friends?

Long pause

Me: Our friendship is to important to throw away, so yes. Now, I'm REALLY unsure about this part, even if I really DO treasure our friendship
Her: Okey :-)

Thats basically the story, as detailed as I could write :P

I would love any tips for what to do in my situation :/
Do I try continue this friendship, or do I stay away from her for my own sake?
Do you think she wants to stay as good friends just to see what happens in the future?
That's not a friendship. That's an emotional affair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships