Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 11:19 AM

553 posts, read 302,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolt View Post
Im not asking permission for anything, I'm simply trying to decipher her and her situation..

Not sure why you are attacking me or her, as I can't see where I am giving the impression that either of us were to do something unfair towards her man. (They are not engaged/married).

I'm NOT trying to be a homewrecker, I respect her when she says she is in a relationship, I am NOT trying to get her to leave her man, OR engage anything other than a friendship (As mentioned we had a very good friendship, which I really would like to have back, and by firendship I mean FRIENDSHIP.

BUT, as I don't know anything about their relationship and its health, and IF they were to break it off (at some point), I would like to be there..
If you really want to be friends with her, ask her and her partner out for dinner. Include all 3 of you on your texts. As far as I’m concerned, friendships with the opposite gender when you are in a relationship should include everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2018, 11:21 AM

8 posts, read 3,592 times
Pff, nevermind..

I assume you all have been in my situation, and just gave up on something that could be great (and right)..

I simply wanted to hear if someone had any advices for what to do in MY situation.

Quote:

"Do I try continue this friendship, or do I stay away from her for my own sake?"
"Do you think she wants to stay as good friends just to see what happens in the future?"

Old 11-14-2018, 11:23 AM

553 posts, read 302,715 times
Quote:
Pff, nevermind..

I assume you all have been in my situation, and just gave up on something that could be great (and right)..

I simply wanted to hear if someone had any advices for what to do in MY situation.

Quote:

"Do I try continue this friendship, or do I stay away from her for my own sake?"
"Do you think she wants to stay as good friends just to see what happens in the future?"
My advice is to never contact her again. Don’t even contact her to say you are never going to contact her again. If she contacts you, don’t contact her to say sorry, I’m not going to contact you again. Let this friendship go.

Old 11-14-2018, 11:23 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,458,097 times
Quote:
Pff, nevermind..

Quote:

Yes I have, and the best advice I can give is to walk away.

Its not a friendship. She loves the attention. You love her. She is in love with someone else, not you.

Old 11-14-2018, 11:25 AM

3,024 posts, read 2,242,123 times
She said multiple times she wants to stay just friends. There is no "see what happens" in the future. If you can't accept that, you should probably walk away.

Old 11-14-2018, 11:25 AM

Thank you Levels77 and goofy328.

Old 11-14-2018, 11:26 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,458,097 times
Quote:
Thank you Levels77 and goofy328.
Anytime. The best way to get out of the friend zone is to stop being a friend.

Old 11-14-2018, 11:30 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,658,991 times
Maybe she's the right person but it's the wrong time. You have to just accept that and move on. If I were you, I'd just talk to her as friends and catch up a few times a year, but keep my distance and move on. When and if the time is right, you two will come together. But not today.

Old 11-14-2018, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levels77 View Post
My advice is to never contact her again. Don’t even contact her to say you are never going to contact her again. If she contacts you, don’t contact her to say sorry, I’m not going to contact you again. Let this friendship go.
Btw, wouldn't it be a lousy thing to do, not answering her anymore?

What about telling her exactly how things are?:
I want more than a friendship, and I don't think I can handle this when staying as friends?
Formulate a message where I apologize, but thats the only thing to do?

Old 11-14-2018, 11:31 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,455,752 times
Quote:
Pff, nevermind..

Quote:

If you want a relationship with her random opinions on what you’re doing or should be doing really shouldn’t matter.
You’re going to pursue it because (surprise!) you already are. You’ve taken all the steps to get yourself to this point with this person. You cannot pretend your actions are “meaningless” to the circumstance. You have allowed this to go on in the way it has because of your own agency.

My only real advice to you would be this:
Someone who would do this behind the back of their SO with a reckless abandon is showing YOU who they are. If you seek to become their SO by playing this game with them you’re asking for the same treatment in the future, you’re showing them you are accepting of this behavior by partaking in it.

Take some time away from this person to allow your headspace to clear a little.

Last edited by rego00123; 11-14-2018 at 11:58 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships