Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2018, 09:24 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I agree with the OP. Most people do not choose to become old maids. Most men do not choose to become permanent bachelors. Either these people don’t want to be married or they are very difficult to deal with in some way. This does not mean you should not date someone like this, but it does show that everyone else for the past 30 years who has dated this person has either been rejected or has rejected them. Not a good sign no doubt.

It doesn't show this at all. You're assuming that they wanted to get married and/or have children in the first place. Lots of women I have met who have been amazing desired neither.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2018, 09:24 AM

801 posts, read 548,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider99 View Post
In the world of dating, men chase and women lure for the most part. I can totally see how a even a decent looking guy with his act together could end up never being married and with no kids for these reasons.

I ask this mainly because almost every woman my age (40's) that fits this description is REALLY hard to date from what I have experienced.

Also, this question is for other men.
If ATTRACTIVE 40 years old (or any age, for that matter) women are not getting any dates, it has nothing to do with the fact with fact that they are childless. They must be doing some other crap that's turning people off.

Old 11-27-2018, 09:33 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,994,810 times
The thing you should realize, when you meet an attractive, pleasant woman in her 40's who has never been married or had kids, it was her choice not to.

That's key. I wouldn't make a bigger deal about it, or wonder why or if she's been rejected.

She's made that life choice.

Old 11-27-2018, 09:37 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The thing you should realize, when you meet an attractive, pleasant woman in her 40's who has never been married or had kids, it was her choice not to.

That's key. I wouldn't make a bigger deal about it, or wonder why or if she's been rejected.

She's made that life choice.

Yup, or, she just hasn't met the right person who wanted the same thing with her, if she did want that. Better not to do it at all then do it with someone you know isn't right.

Old 11-27-2018, 09:47 AM

82 posts, read 79,102 times
There are some people both men and women who just never find love. I don’t why it’s so hard to fathom but perhaps some people were not meant to be married and or have children or else it would have happened for them long before 40. I don’t care what anyone says, sure there are always exceptions to the rule but most of the time if a woman has not been married and or had children by the time she is 40 there is a very, very slim chance she is going to achieve that especially as time goes on. I can personally attest to the fact along with many other citydata users that finding love and dating only becomes more difficult as you get older.

Old 11-27-2018, 09:51 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,930,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider99 View Post
I ask this mainly because almost every woman my age (40's) that fits this description is REALLY hard to date from what I have experienced.
Let us ponder on this for a moment and wonder if there is a common link....

Old 11-27-2018, 10:01 AM

4,418 posts, read 2,949,297 times
Im a 37 male and no. I never get asked by girls I date why I've never been married. And I prefer girls my age to have never been married or had kids.

Old 11-27-2018, 10:13 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,038,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
It doesn't show this at all. You're assuming that they wanted to get married and/or have children in the first place. Lots of women I have met who have been amazing desired neither.
Quote:
I agree with the OP. Most people do not choose to become old maids. Most men do not choose to become permanent bachelors. Either these people don’t want to be married or they are very difficult to deal with in some way. This does not mean you should not date someone like this, but it does show that everyone else for the past 30 years who has dated this person has either been rejected or has rejected them. Not a good sign no doubt.
The latter can't be it, because there are people who have no problem getting romantic partners and then those partners wind up

1. Being alcoholics
2. Drug users
3.Cheaters
4 Abusers
5. All of the above

And yet, THEY don't struggle finding a romantic partner.

But yet the substance free, non-abusive, non-violent loyal partner, etc. may be having problems finding someone because "they are difficult to deal with in some way?"

Hmmmmmmmmm....

Old 11-27-2018, 10:20 AM

605 posts, read 336,064 times
Quote:
a++++++

Old 11-27-2018, 10:21 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,102,886 times
Or maybe she doesn't have kids because she doesn't want to have a baby only to be left to raise it on her own. Instead of assuming, why don't you ask one? Or maybe you could just mind your business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships