Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 11:07 PM

1,456 posts, read 1,511,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by david0966 View Post
I have admit whenever I’ve seen something like “I don’t really need a man...”, I usually just skip past it. This is not something that needs to be written in a profile. I’ve never in my life anytime felt I’ve “needed” a woman in my life, but I’d never write that on an OLD profile.
I would not like to see that either. If I was single I would not say I did not need a man because godoggit I do, men are fun! Thts is someone who is trying to not sound desperate, after all they are on a dating site! Of course they need a man!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2018, 11:58 PM

2,761 posts, read 2,232,180 times
Haven't read them all but has anyone mentioned that maybe the woman physically can't have children? I've known couples that just cannot conceive.

Old 12-02-2018, 04:45 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,038,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by david0966 View Post
I have admit whenever I’ve seen something like “I don’t really need a man...”, I usually just skip past it. This is not something that needs to be written in a profile. I’ve never in my life anytime felt I’ve “needed” a woman in my life, but I’d never write that on an OLD profile.
To follow up.....I'd seen profiles where they say, "I have a busy life with friends, family, hobbies, and job....so he must understand that."

I understand a job is important because it pays the bills....I get it, but when 5 pm rolls around and workers are clocking out, guess what....the rest of that time is to do whatever... this includes dating.

Friends....tons of people have given up their time with their friends at some point when they dated someone new. Now I'm not saying completely drop off your friends (family's)radar. But yeah...it happens....and friends understand that.

Hobbies. ... Easy solution. ...INCLUDE your date IN your hobbies perhaps? I knew an "independent " mtn biking woman that would refuse dates from male fellow mtn bikers because. ..and your going to love this line BS...."that is my time to reflect and meditate...". Some crap about letting off steam from work pressure.

These types have no business online dating.

Old 12-02-2018, 06:20 AM

11,800 posts, read 12,043,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
To follow up.....I'd seen profiles where they say, "I have a busy life with friends, family, hobbies, and job....so he must understand that."

I understand a job is important because it pays the bills....I get it, but when 5 pm rolls around and workers are clocking out, guess what....the rest of that time is to do whatever... this includes dating.

Friends....tons of people have given up their time with their friends at some point when they dated someone new. Now I'm not saying completely drop off your friends (family's)radar. But yeah...it happens....and friends understand that.

Hobbies. ... Easy solution. ...INCLUDE your date IN your hobbies perhaps? I knew an "independent " mtn biking woman that would refuse dates from male fellow mtn bikers because. ..and your going to love this line BS...."that is my time to reflect and meditate...". Some crap about letting off steam from work pressure.

These types have no business online dating.
Wow, you are so frustrated that women have free will and you can't get a date.

Old 12-02-2018, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Wow, you are so frustrated that women have free will and you can't get a date.
I don't think you probably even understood what I posted. There's some absolute truth to this. Get off the dating site if you're too busy for dating. That's what I'm getting at.

If I can give a male aspect to it, here's an article of men that are guilty of the same behavior.

https://www.bolde.com/why-guys-bothe...-relationship/

People want other people to pay attention to them. If they don’t get attention from the person they are dating they will find somebody else to date. You will be competing with men (or women) who do have that time to give. If you don’t have time to meet people, then you don’t have time to date people and you don’t have time for a relationship.

Old 12-02-2018, 09:52 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,685,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
I don't think you probably even understood what I posted. There's some absolute truth to this. Get off the dating site if you're too busy for dating. That's what I'm getting at.

If I can give a male aspect to it, here's an article of men that are guilty of the same behavior.

https://www.bolde.com/why-guys-bothe...-relationship/

People want other people to pay attention to them. If they don’t get attention from the person they are dating they will find somebody else to date. You will be competing with men (or women) who do have that time to give. If you don’t have time to meet people, then you don’t have time to date people and you don’t have time for a relationship.
My cousin is happily remarried and has an intense travel job that she had before she met her current husband. Guess what, he was totally on board with this and they actually met BECAUSE she had a travel job. No, they might not have as much time together as a traditional couple, but it works for them.

You are making assumptions that everyone needs to see each other 5 days or 7 days a week. One size does not fit all for relationships. Some people might be absolutely fine seeing each other once a month or twice a month or only on weekends. Others may need to see each other 5+ times a week to be happy. There is nothing wrong with either option, but it is wrong to make assumptions that the person who wants the less intense option shouldn’t be doing dating or in a relationship.

Old 12-02-2018, 10:45 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,503,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liar_Liar View Post
If ATTRACTIVE 40 years old (or any age, for that matter) women are not getting any dates, it has nothing to do with the fact with fact that they are childless. They must be doing some other crap that's turning people off.
Truth!

I was doodling around on Bumble over Thanksgiving and it was quite obvious why the women on there were on there. The market for 30+ “fur mom, wine, traveller, loves sarcasm” women laced with tats must really be out of whack right now! It’ll only get worse with the 20-somethings on there with their alcohol and anti-depressants rattling off the same script unless they end up as worm food first thanks to an overdose.

Old 12-02-2018, 12:46 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Sounds awesome to me.

Old 12-02-2018, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post
Truth!

I was doodling around on Bumble over Thanksgiving and it was quite obvious why the women on there were on there. The market for 30+ “fur mom, wine, traveller, loves sarcasm” women laced with tats must really be out of whack right now! It’ll only get worse with the 20-somethings on there with their alcohol and anti-depressants rattling off the same script unless they end up as worm food first thanks to an overdose.
Yeah, either that or anti anxiety meds.

Old 12-02-2018, 02:15 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,085,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider99 View Post
In the world of dating, men chase and women lure for the most part.
Check!

Quote:
I can totally see how a even a decent looking guy with his act together could end up never being married and with no kids for these reasons.
Check! And, let's not forget about good old mom. Many moms will cook, clean, do laundry, etc etc for their son well into their 60s.

Quote:
However, a woman woman with her act together that is decent looking has had an endless flow of men that would love to wife them up if we're being honest here.
Not necessarily, and especially if they believe she has had an endless flow of men.

Quote:
I ask this mainly because almost every woman my age (40's) that fits this description is REALLY hard to date from what I have experienced.
Check! She made it to forty without anyone committing to her. Being a shrew is not that uncommon. Even Shakespeare wrote about taming one.

Quote:
Also, this question is for other men.
Sure. No kids and never been married is a big red flag when considering dating a man. It would be hard for any woman to believe they had found a gem in the rough that didn't come with any baggage at an advanced age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships