Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2019, 10:57 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
You know I've always been on your side and see your point of view and I agree with most of what you say about your situation, but.... you also one time said that you were looking for a woman that was and 8 or 9 in the looks department and I think you need to factor that in on your search efforts along with a woman being young enough to have children in the clear safe years.

Those factors and the fact that being in Podunkville where people couple up young just isn't lining up with reality.

Heck, a late 40's guy here, in SoCal looking for a woman that is say early 30's that hasn't been married or has kids and is a professional enough to not need your financial support as you said in the past AND is single AND is a 9 AND likes older men AND.....

You see what I'm saying here.

I think that the 8 or 9 thing requirment is probably more of a problem than you might be willing to address.

With all due respect.
Yeah, I'm aware. My best response to that is twofold: 1. I'm giving up on having kids, and 2. I view an 8 or 9 as subjective. For example, I gravitate towards brunettes, while it seems a majority of American men prefer blondes. Of course, the stereotype is blondes with big, fake breasts. I don't know that that's true, but I definitely don't like that. Also, a woman's personality can make her more OR less attractive to me. So again, that's kind of subjective.

Those 2 things help, but not enough to overcome where I live, hence my continuous effort to move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2019, 11:02 AM

880 posts, read 531,820 times
Quote:
You know I've always been on your side and see your point of view and I agree with most of what you say about your situation, but.... you also one time said that you were looking for a woman that was and 8 or 9 in the looks department and I think you need to factor that in on your search efforts along with a woman being young enough to have children in the clear safe years.

Those factors and the fact that being in Podunkville where people couple up young just isn't lining up with reality.

Heck, a late 40's guy here, in SoCal looking for a woman that is say early 30's that hasn't been married or has kids and is a professional enough to not need your financial support as you said in the past AND is single AND is a 9 AND likes older men AND.....

You see what I'm saying here.

I think that the 8 or 9 thing requirment is probably more of a problem than you might be willing to address.

With all due respect.
This makes me feel like i have very low standards. I just like men who are DD free, intellectually stimulating, relatively healthy and financially independent.

The last time i did OLD i filtered my search to show me men in my area, that had college degrees, aged from 35-50, that was it. I had 5. The local population is about 300k. Out of those 5, 3 where extra fluffy, I like fluff on a guy but these guys were on the upper end of 200's. So i was left with 2. I didn't reach out because i wasn't quite ready to date but neither of my two options were particularly attractive, both were probably a 5 on a good day.

Old 03-14-2019, 12:11 PM

52,257 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellybelly83 View Post
This makes me feel like i have very low standards. I just like men who are DD free, intellectually stimulating, relatively healthy and financially independent.

The last time i did OLD i filtered my search to show me men in my area, that had college degrees, aged from 35-50, that was it. I had 5. The local population is about 300k. Out of those 5, 3 where extra fluffy, I like fluff on a guy but these guys were on the upper end of 200's. So i was left with 2. I didn't reach out because i wasn't quite ready to date but neither of my two options were particularly attractive, both were probably a 5 on a good day.
What is "DD" ???

I've been coupled up so long that I've never tried online dating and it sounds like it could be ok, but I read so much on this forum that makes it sounds horrific.

I feel like I have moderate or middle of the road things that I'm interested in a woman.

Looks wise I prefer a more "healthy" figure on a woman, curvy, voluptuous type figures and brunette. I also prefer them to below 5'6" or so. I feel like looks wise those are pretty open as I see that physical type pretty regularly.

The personality stuff is pretty open, the basics, friendly, sense of humor, reasonably intelligent. LOL, I consider myself reasonably intelligent so that type of stuff is important.

I think for me the biggest deal breakers is too much drama, kids, and mountains of debt.

Old 03-14-2019, 12:28 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
What is "DD" ???

Disease and Drug Free

Old 03-14-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:

Yeah, well, its not easy in a smaller area. Both of us can attest to that. I don't like the high end of "curvy" or whatever the PC term is. Curves are good, but with OLD it usually means obese. All I see here are 5's and below. Well, not all, but the others are married.

Quote:
What is "DD" ???

I've been coupled up so long that I've never tried online dating and it sounds like it could be ok, but I read so much on this forum that makes it sounds horrific.

I feel like I have moderate or middle of the road things that I'm interested in a woman.

Looks wise I prefer a more "healthy" figure on a woman, curvy, voluptuous type figures and brunette. I also prefer them to below 5'6" or so. I feel like looks wise those are pretty open as I see that physical type pretty regularly.

The personality stuff is pretty open, the basics, friendly, sense of humor, reasonably intelligent. LOL, I consider myself reasonably intelligent so that type of stuff is important.

I think for me the biggest deal breakers is too much drama, kids, and mountains of debt.
Be glad you haven't had to deal with OLD, thats all I can say. The ghosting, lying, games, etc. that go along with it is not for me. I tend to agree with you on personality, as on most things. I will say I prefer an extrovert (good balance for me) but not someone who will constantly try to talk over me and not listen. A good listener is mandatory.

Old 03-14-2019, 12:38 PM

Quote:
What is "DD" ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Disease and Drug Free

I remember when my sis would tell me about her weird tinder dates and i pondered what kind of person i would select if i was single, I remember thinking i wouldn't date another guy like my then husband, i guess it was an early sign that we were doomed.

Old 03-14-2019, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Yeah, well, its not easy in a smaller area. Both of us can attest to that. I don't like the high end of "curvy" or whatever the PC term is. Curves are good, but with OLD it usually means obese. All I see here are 5's and below. Well, not all, but the others are married.

You live in a metro area of almost 1.5 million and a city of about 650k. Not huge, but not exactly rural!

Old 03-14-2019, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
I honestly wish there was an actual definition of curvy. Some women use it when they really mean lumpy and some women use it simply because they're not thin. For men it can mean anything too. Its pretty much anything from Kim K to Whitney Thor.

Old 03-14-2019, 12:50 PM

Quote:
I honestly wish there was an actual definition of curvy. Some women use it when they really mean lumpy and some women use it simply because they're not thin. For men it can mean anything too. Its pretty much anything from Kim K to Whitney Thor.

Definitions of those things are useless. Like, what is an "athletic" build. A lean distance runner, or a power lifter? Almost polar opposites, both athletic. That's why filters on such junk are useless. Engage with individuals. It's not that hard.

Old 03-14-2019, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
You live in a metro area of almost 1.5 million and a city of about 650k. Not huge, but not exactly rural!
Well, spend some time here and you'd see what I mean. Its even been voted in top 10 worst places to date in America. Those numbers you see are misleading because this city is very spread out. Also, there are way more married people (as a % of the population) in this part of the country than on either coast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships