Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2019, 12:25 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
So he's in a boom-and-bust situation. He takes contracts when he can get them, some pay well, some don't, plus he sometimes chooses not to continue them, or to remain unemployed, so he can travel.

And this is what you call "making it work". One month ago he got a well-paying TEMP JOB, so you're not fantasizing about him supporting you for the next 18 years.

He's not on board with your fantasy! Get that through your head! You can't rope him into this!
She's not listening Ruth.

Of everything you said in the post she quoted, she focused on the irrelevant and blocked out the fact that he really doesn't want her.

This poster is severely deluded and likely mentally ill (not to be mean). She's acknowledged her unstable/obsessive tendencies herself. It's evident in the fact that she turns to strangers instead of her own friends/family for help. Something must've happened to her in the past that makes her think this kind of relationship is okay/normal. He has shown her time and time again he doesn't want her, but she just refuses to see that.

She wants a fantasy and is stuck on it. She has been begging us for years to "help" her (really enable her self destructive thinking). I predict that if she keeps this child (or doesn't), he is going to leave her when he no longer needs the little benefit he's getting from her now. She won't have anywhere to go but back home to her family possibly or to a mental health facility where she'll finally get the help she needs. IF she doesn't stalk him after he leaves her. I pray she doesn't go down that road, because she could end up in prison.

He will find someone else, develop a happy relationship with them, and do everything possible to keep the OP out of his new life. He may even file a restraining order because the OP just won't leave him alone. She's one of those people that has to be "forced" to move on, when the partner finally leaves and blocks them out of every avenue of their lives. He's very manipulative and is a jerk for leading on the OP as long as he has. She's clearly sick and he's taking advantage of that.

It's sad but sometimes that's how some people have to learn.

Old 06-16-2019, 12:26 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peony86 View Post
To be fair, perhaps he should have kept it in his pants in the first place? He got her pregnant.
Far too late to worry about birth control. They are in the 4th quarter and need to decide what's next.

Abortion or not, child support or not. That's what's on the table now. It doesn't sound like a regular family is an option now.

Old 06-16-2019, 12:29 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
This potential child has done nothing bad enough to deserve being saddled with either of these two as parents.
He/She is better left as an unborn(aborted) fetus

Old 06-16-2019, 12:29 PM

161 posts, read 102,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post

He will find someone else & develop a happy relationship with them...
I've been reading some other threads started by OP and her other half sounds absolutely vile.

Old 06-16-2019, 12:30 PM

161 posts, read 102,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Far too late to worry about birth control. They are in the 4th quarter and need to decide what's next.

Abortion or not, child support or not. That's what's on the table now. It doesn't sound like a regular family is an option now.
Please ignore my comment, I didn't know the backstory.

Old 06-16-2019, 12:32 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,977,761 times
I will abstain from giving you my opinion as it likely will not be heeded or welcomed.

So I will simply wish you the best of luck!

Old 06-16-2019, 12:59 PM

2,048 posts, read 2,156,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
Don't worry. We've all been there.
I remember the first time I answered OP with a sincere desire to help. And the second time. And the third time. It was a more innocent time!

For a little levity, though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EShUeudtaFg

Old 06-16-2019, 01:17 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmtrees099 View Post
Yes I KNOW he cheated already

visited a prostitute also
Oh, I knew when he went to Vietnam. Of all places in the world to hike..... why there? Lol

Condom this morning makes a lot of sense - he doesn’t want to give you an STD(s) he picked up screwing dirty hoes.

Old 06-16-2019, 01:36 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,035,273 times
Have the baby without his approval. He is still required to pay child support. His right to have a choice ended when he put his penis in you.

Old 06-16-2019, 01:42 PM

7,111 posts, read 4,536,107 times
Go to counseling and make your own decisions. Sorry but he sounds like a loser.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.