Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 10:17 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Maybe I should start going to McDonalds more often at least when I strike out it won’t hurt my wallet!

https://www.studyfinds.org/foodie-ca...for-free-meal/
Who are these suckers offering free meals to complete strangers?! WTF?? And they're whining about being taken advantage of? Like, they can't figure how to solve the problem? LOL! Unbelievable! They can't be that dumb. Nobody's holding a gun to their heads.

Old 06-23-2019, 10:22 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
Did the POC forum dump this thread on our doorstep or something............ jeez
It happens the other way around all the time also. They just need to close threads not in the right forum.

Old 06-23-2019, 10:35 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,876,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
If a man wants to gamble $100 on a first date with someone he doesn't know, that's his own fault.
♪ Some people claim that there's a woman to blame, but I know it's his own damn fault. ♪ (for being naive)

Old 06-23-2019, 10:35 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,977,761 times
Wow of course this thread will get locked... what is the OPs intent just to stir the pot?

Nobody ever said that men need to let themselves get taken advantage of as stated in the OP.

Old 06-23-2019, 10:43 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,607,656 times
I think about my own life. I've never really been used like that, monetarily. For starters, I've never really gotten that kind of opportunity. I've had friends who were women. However, I was never the guy who got the date. I've either been rejected alot or stood up. For this reason, I've never been in a position where a woman could use me simply as a meal ticket.

Another factor is just my nature. I tend to be stingy. I am not a heavy drinker. For this reason, if I go out to the bar for a drink or two, that's all I get. I don't spend more than $10-15 on drinks, and this is if I get more than one drink. And this segues int0(and ties the first paragraph to) this. Outside of my family, there have been VERY FEW times I've paid for anyone's meal, and it was always a friend. There was no getting used. It was one friend doing for another. Because I was the guy who got rejected, I never got used to paying for a date. I'm also the type of guy who doesn't pay for someone else's drinks. Some guys go to the bars and clubs and offer to pay for a woman's drink. I don't do that. I tried it one time and it was a waste of my money. And besides, I don't go to a bar or club with the intention of finding a woman to sleep with.

In a nutshell:
1) I got rejected alot, so there was no opportunity to get used.
2) I tend to be rather cheap and stingy anyway (of course I never told any woman this).

And there is a 3rd reason. I got so used to seeing women with jobs, and some women appearing to have alot of money. It never occurred to me to pay for the date. I never thought about it. I figured that kind of stuff was just in more traditional/old school cultures.

Old 06-23-2019, 10:44 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
♪ Some people claim that there's a woman to blame, but I know it's his own damn fault. ♪ (for being naive)
How's a man going to know he's being used unless there are some outward signs?

Old 06-23-2019, 10:47 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Wow of course this thread will get locked... what is the OPs intent just to stir the pot?

Nobody ever said that men need to let themselves get taken advantage of as stated in the OP.
The point is to discuss how much we hate wimmenz.

Old 06-23-2019, 11:00 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
Did the POC forum dump this thread on our doorstep or something............ jeez
Yes, that’s what I pictured. Like in the olden days when a kid set a bag of poop on fire left on their neighbors doorstep, then hid around the corner watching while some idiot opens the door and starts stomping on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It happens the other way around all the time also. They just need to close threads not in the right forum.
Good choice of Freudian Slip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
The point is to discuss how much we hate wimmenz.
And couldn’t this have -once again- been done with one post, or just the title:

“I Can’t Get Laid, Because...Evil Wimmenz”.®

Old 06-23-2019, 11:26 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annino View Post
Solution... are the first date something other than a meal.
At one time for me yea it was talking them out. Ask me that today... I’ll meet at a coffee shop. If we don’t mesh I’m out what....... $10/12 bucks?
I’m not sure why this is such revelation. I knew women who went out with guys to get a free meal. Some had no problem disclosing they were going with a guy just to get a free stuff. We called those women gold diggers

Coming soon....sex before the date. Why spend the money if you aren’t compatible

Last edited by Electrician4you; 06-23-2019 at 11:38 AM..

Old 06-23-2019, 11:37 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
There are men who connive to get a woman in bed.

There are women who connive to get stuff free.

Who would have thunk there are dishonest people out there... ???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.