Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2019, 09:15 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Nope...I needed to do it on my own so I knew I could make it with the high cost of living here...if it didn't work with him. It's called being smart & not getting myself stuck in a city with no out....without relying on a man.
You made it ... three months.

Old 07-10-2019, 09:17 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times
Quote:
Nope...I needed to do it on my own so I knew I could make it with the high cost of living here...if it didn't work with him. It's called being smart & not getting myself stuck in a city with no out....without relying on a man.
That’s what I said....and you previously posted that he didn’t like it and wanted to pay, but let you prove you could. Now you’re done.

Old 07-10-2019, 09:18 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,583,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
You made it ... three months.
And it *did* work out with him....

But I know I will never be "stuck" unhappily.....that if I need to leave the relationship, I can make it just fine on my own now even with the high cost of living...plus I have made friends. No one should ever put themselves in a situation...where they *have* to stay anywhere...........

Old 07-10-2019, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
How would you be unhappy? When asked what you would do there on your own, you explained how you have all these new friends and a life you wanted in a new state...on your own. But now you see you’d be stuck?
I would *not* be stuck if living together doesn't work or we break up for any reason. I know my income is enough to have an apt. here because I already did it....

Old 07-10-2019, 09:31 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
I would *not* be stuck if living together doesn't work or we break up for any reason. I know my income is enough to have an apt. here because I already did it....
Lol for three months

I’ve got food that’s been in my freezer longer than that.

Making it “on your own” means more than just financial. Your apartment has been a technicality, a base camp while you spend 3-4 nights a week at his place, getting emotional and monetary support.

Y’all are in the newborn stage of a relationship. Too early to make the decisions you’re talking about.

Old 07-10-2019, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Well yeah, with the sale of the house bought by your last established husband. I’m sure the new guy didn’t mind you wasting all that money on proving you could do it “alone”. He watched you foolishly throw it away til you’ll have to depend on him. Smart move, for an older player type.

Last edited by RbccL; 07-10-2019 at 09:46 PM..

Old 07-10-2019, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Lol for three months

I’ve got food that’s been in my freezer longer than that.

Making it “on your own” means more than just financial. Your apartment has been a technicality, a base camp while you spend 3-4 nights a week at his place, getting emotional and monetary support.

Y’all are in the newborn stage of a relationship. Too early to make the decisions you’re talking about.
I met him a year ago....we've been in a relationship for longer than 3 months. I'm 31 yrs old...not 19! It has developed very slowly. I was not getting any monetary support from him for my apt....he has always paid to take me out on dates or buy me things, but rent & living expenses....I did on my own.

Old 07-10-2019, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Well yeah, with the sale of the house bought by your last established husband. I’m sure the new guy didn’t mind you wasting all that money on proving you could do it “alone”. He watched you foolishly through it away til you’ll have to depend on him. Smart move, for an older player type.
I have spent very little from the sale of the house.....and it was all appreciation. It belonged to my ex husband & I....not just to him. How do you even know about that? I didn't throw any of it away & I have a job here....a very good job.....

Who is the player? Lol

Old 07-10-2019, 09:57 PM

Now we know why he doesn’t want to have a baby with you. $$

Old 07-10-2019, 10:00 PM

Quote:
That’s what I said....and you previously posted that he didn’t like it and wanted to pay, but let you prove you could. Now you’re done.
I never said he didn't like it...Lol...just that he offered to pay. The money doesn't mean anything to him & he was willing to help any way he could. I don't need to prove anything else to myself....I know I can make it here on my own with the high cost of living & if we broke up for *any* reason, I'm not stuck......BUT what I did have to decide....is the issue about a baby. I know I have to be Ok with that........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships