Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2019, 11:29 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,678,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
Hmm, could be. I have no problem bringing it up myself. As you say, it is a bit random, doesn't mean anything. I also know someone who got HPV and she had only had two partners.

As an aside, sounds terribly unsexy to wear nitrile gloves, I think I'd rather abstain in that situation if it were me
I'm very limited on what I can say. Um...I own a box of black gloves. And it isn't unsexy when we are experts showing off skills. But it's not exactly...romantic activity of the kind that mainstream folks would perhaps enjoy.

But yanno. Some folks like the Marvin Gaye and Luther Vandross style of getting down...some of us are more about a Nine Inch Nails sort of experience...all a matter of perspective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2019, 11:33 AM

1,153 posts, read 567,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post

But yanno. Some folks like the Marvin Gaye and Luther Vandross style of getting down...some of us are more about a Nine Inch Nails sort of experience...all a matter of perspective.
Lol.

Old 09-17-2019, 11:52 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,196,161 times
Quote:
I'm very limited on what I can say. Um...I own a box of black gloves. And it isn't unsexy when we are experts showing off skills. But it's not exactly...romantic activity of the kind that mainstream folks would perhaps enjoy.

Wait. I like Marvin Gaye experience AND Nine Inch Nails experience. I must be weird.

Old 09-17-2019, 12:26 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,590,972 times
Quote:
Do you think there is ever a place for mentioning sex in a dating profile where you are looking for a relationship? I have read advice that says, don't ever mention it, but I don't want to meet men who have a low libido or little interest (I have met people like that in the past.)

I was thinking about putting something tongue in cheek in my profile like, "Reading should be your second favourite thing to do in bed :-) "

Men, do you think this comes off as trashy/too much? What would you think if you read that?

I have also put at the end of my profile "I’m looking for a relationship, not a 1 night thing".

I don't know anything about on-line-dating , because I have been taken out of the dating pool for the last 40 years.

I do Know one thing about men , placing something in your dating profile that you want a man with a strong sexual libido will only bring out the Freaks and Perverts that want to make love everyday for 2 minutes a pop.

Don"t mention anything about sex , just mention that you want a man with a passion for life and love and a long-term relationship , every woman has a man eject button , use it every time you come across a man with a low sexual libido!!!!

Old 09-17-2019, 01:16 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,590,972 times
Quote:
I've got a couple of girl friends who have unprotected sex with men off dating apps. It's not considered a big deal by some people I know. One friend has slept with hundreds of people, she definitely doesn't get tested between every partner, and she has never caught anything although she did get pregnant. I'm not recommending it but I am saying people I have come across take an awful lot of risks.
Lovers that sleep with hundreds of Partners catch pregnancies and STDs 95% of the time , those that do not or in the 5 percentile range....

Old 09-17-2019, 01:17 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,390,475 times
Quote:
The way I've put it is...you are rolling the dice. I've had lucky dice rolls, but I would not count on my luck holding out forever. The main issue I have with promiscuity, isn't your basic value judgment that most people feel about it, it's the fact that most of those guys were not even a good enough time to be WORTH that dice roll. I only wish I could have better evaluated which ones were gonna be really fun, and which would be "meh" before it was happening. I think this is one of the reasons that I do just fine with more monogamish relationships (sexually fidelitous, at least)...I just don't really think that most "standard issue" sex is all that. When you find the one gu.
What I've read is that people in longer term relationships were more likely to contract certain STDs, because the theory is that 1) they are less likely to use condoms in a LTR and 2) the more times you have sex with an infected person, the more likely you are to contract the disease. And ironically, people who had multiple partners but just had one sexual encounter with each partner, were less likely to contract a disease. And it just makes sense that multiple exposures with the same infected person (such as in a LTR) would make it more likely to contract something.

Old 09-17-2019, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Lovers that sleep with hundreds of Partners catch pregnancies and STDs 95% of the time , those that do not or in the 5 percentile range....
Do you have a link to support this? Because there are too many variables that come into play. If a person has hundred partners but uses condoms 100% of the time, their likelyhood of getting an STD drops down to almost zero. Same with the risk of pregnancy - it drops down to almost zero.

Old 09-17-2019, 01:35 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,196,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
What actual facts do you base this on?

Old 09-17-2019, 01:48 PM

3,926 posts, read 2,037,722 times
To those who say that they've been with a 100 people and not caught a thing, I do kind of look them mentally, side-eyed and think, "Yeah, they probably have something...SOMEthing..but they are only asymptomatic carriers". The only way they could prove it to me is that if we both went to get blood tests together to confirm it. But there are some blood tests that can't really pick up herpes accurately, they wind up maybe being false positives or negatives. Visible sores can only prove that.

I think I read on a forum somewhere that this woman was married to her husband for 20 years, divorced, and started dating again and found out somehow she had herpes this entire time of her marriage. Of course, these are just outliers and of course those expressed here are rather flukes really.

I mean, who can have sex in the hundreds and not at least pick up something outside of the range of the condom?

Old 09-17-2019, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
To those who say that they've been with a 100 people and not caught a thing, I do kind of look them mentally, side-eyed and think, "Yeah, they probably have something...SOMEthing..but they are only asymptomatic carriers". The only way they could prove it to me is that if we both went to get blood tests together to confirm it. But there are some blood tests that can't really pick up herpes accurately, they wind up maybe being false positives or negatives. Visible sores can only prove that.
Well, if you're pregnant they test you for "everything". So lots of people know whether or not they have something or caught something in the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships