U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-13-2020, 05:51 AM
 
389 posts, read 170,864 times
Reputation: 1473

Advertisements

First off, I don't have random strangers come to my home nor do I go to theirs. If I am dating someone and they suggest their place or mine by a 3rd date, I wouldn't waste any more time with them, they have proven to be boring, rigid and manipulative, plus I would wonder how many other women they tried that cheesy line on as I am sure there are many who fall for it and are used like a cheap sex toy to be cast aside for the next plaything.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-13-2020, 06:14 AM
 
Location: (six-cent-dix-sept)
6,159 posts, read 3,395,131 times
Reputation: 4255
i hear similar concern when a man proposes and she says no, then the relationship is effectively over. similarly, if a guy were too suggest sex too soon, would the relationship still be salvageable ?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2020, 08:04 AM
 
Location: Forests of Maine
33,184 posts, read 54,435,317 times
Reputation: 23667
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyWest View Post
... If I am dating someone and they suggest their place or mine by a 3rd date, I wouldn't waste any more time with them, they have proven to be boring, rigid and manipulative, ...
I feel that you are working hard to project something here.

When I began dating my bride, for our first date I invited her over to where I lived for supper.

"... boring, rigid and manipulative ..." all for offering a lady supper?



Quote:
... plus I would wonder how many other women they tried that cheesy line on as I am sure there are many who fall for it and are used like a cheap sex toy to be cast aside for the next plaything.
boy, your mind went straight into the gutter.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2020, 05:06 AM
 
389 posts, read 170,864 times
Reputation: 1473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
I feel that you are working hard to project something here.

When I began dating my bride, for our first date I invited her over to where I lived for supper.

"... boring, rigid and manipulative ..." all for offering a lady supper?

boy, your mind went straight into the gutter.

First off I am a woman, secondly I have fallen for the old trap of being invited over for dinner and then have the guys make moves on me, I put a stop right away and try to learn from my mistakes so as not to continue repeating them. Plus I like a man to be a little more original when planning dates.

If it worked well for you and your wife, that's great, as for me that is a major turn off being invited to a strangers home for dinner. My home is my sanctuary and everyone I meet or know doesn't get to come inside.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2020, 05:27 AM
 
Location: (six-cent-dix-sept)
6,159 posts, read 3,395,131 times
Reputation: 4255
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyWest View Post
First off I am a woman, secondly I have fallen for the old trap of being invited over for dinner and then have the guys make moves on me, I put a stop right away and try to learn from my mistakes so as not to continue repeating them. Plus I like a man to be a little more original when planning dates.

If it worked well for you and your wife, that's great, as for me that is a major turn off being invited to a strangers home for dinner. My home is my sanctuary and everyone I meet or know doesn't get to come inside.
so did yoo see those guys again or did yoo dump them ?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2020, 10:43 AM
 
4,687 posts, read 1,982,059 times
Reputation: 12219
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
What is "roti"? Something dirty?
In South Asia, roti is a type of flatbread. In Thailand, it's slightly different.

(And no, OP, sex and roti are not the same thing. No, a person is not going to consider a suggestion of sex similar to a suggestion of what to eat for dinner.)


Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
you on a date with a new guy. dinner goes fine. you want the evening to continue. you ask: what do you wanna' do next. he says lets go to my place. but you think its too soon. do you dump him; or, do you suggest iced-cream instead ?
If you've not 'read' a date to have any idea how she might react to your suggestion that (I assume) you go back to your place and get it on, and do not have an idea about her personality and whether she would be open to that, then that would be a good place to start... And if you're going on a date with someone specifically as a precursor to the sex you're hoping to have, that would be another thing to think about, in which case it might be a better idea to specify that this is what you're hoping for.

I mean, every relationship I'm in has progressed in physical contact before sex. It wasn't just "I've never touched you except maybe to shake your hand when we met, and now let's have sex."


Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
i hear similar concern when a man proposes and she says no, then the relationship is effectively over. similarly, if a guy were too suggest sex too soon, would the relationship still be salvageable ?
I feel like you're continuing to ask the same question over and over in different ways, and it has been answered for you over and over.

In addition: why not ask the specific woman? Women are not all the same (as you are also finding out here).
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top