Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2020, 05:55 AM

1,185 posts, read 751,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loreli_1110 View Post
Exactly! He was extremely belligerent once his coworkers let him I had come by for the boxes, and found out the real deal.

Unfortunately, once that happened because he started threatening me and so forth, I helped my friend find professional movers elsewhere. Not to mention, I quickly learned his pretentious, self-inflating Aunt worked there in an administrative role, because she approached me of the situation. She became privy and intercepted the situation, I’m assuming to avoid any backlash to my now ex boyfriend.

The status of him and I is inexistent. I asked that he please return the money and thankfully after many attempts he agreed to give it back today. So I’m grateful. I dodged a bullet
He dodged a big one too.

Old 01-28-2020, 06:32 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,921,465 times
Why didnt your friend move herself/himself. Why hire a mover? I've moved over 10 times by myself or with my family and help from a few friends or family members. Just get boxes from various sources, rent a truck, load it up and move.

Old 01-28-2020, 06:39 AM

1,350 posts, read 820,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loreli_1110 View Post
Exactly! He was extremely belligerent once his coworkers let him I had come by for the boxes, and found out the real deal.

Unfortunately, once that happened because he started threatening me and so forth, I helped my friend find professional movers elsewhere. Not to mention, I quickly learned his pretentious, self-inflating Aunt worked there in an administrative role, because she approached me of the situation. She became privy and intercepted the situation, I’m assuming to avoid any backlash to my now ex boyfriend.

The status of him and I is inexistent. I asked that he please return the money and thankfully after many attempts he agreed to give it back today. So I’m grateful. I dodged a bullet
Don't know how long you were together with the now ex, but if you have any of his personal belongings that you now want to return to him, put them in one of those moving boxes, and hand it back to him today!

Say, "Thanks, those boxes really did come in handy after all...."

Old 01-28-2020, 07:09 AM

17 posts, read 5,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chingaso View Post
As he should. You’re a demanding bee. He wasn’t your BF at the time, and it wasn’t even your move.

I would have told you to eff all the way off.
Is it that you don’t read for comprehension because it’s too difficult to form a sensible plight otherwise, or does your misdirected hyper-aggression overcompensate for your possible functional illiteracy? In any form of business, customers can ‘demand’ from the business the goods they paid their money for. I. Did. Not. Pay. For. Free. Boxes. Therefore. I. Will. Demand. What. I. Paid. My. Money. For.

Buzzzzzzzz

I’d love to hear all about what ‘successful’ business you have where you tell customers to “eff all the way off” after you have not given them the items they paid you for. I’ll wait

Old 01-28-2020, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Why didnt your friend move herself/himself. Why hire a mover? I've moved over 10 times by myself or with my family and help from a few friends or family members. Just get boxes from various sources, rent a truck, load it up and move.
Why she did not move herself has nothing to do with what this post is asking or even about . Guys!!! Please read for comprehension. Please!

Old 01-28-2020, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffodil_fields View Post
Don't know how long you were together with the now ex, but if you have any of his personal belongings that you now want to return to him, put them in one of those moving boxes, and hand it back to him today!

Say, "Thanks, those boxes really did come in handy after all...."
Lol no items of his at my house but haha that’s a good one. I would just place them in a box and in my garage for him to get when I wouldn’t be home, if anything.

Old 01-28-2020, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
reading between the lines, this seems to be a on-again-off-again and this box episode will just be a new dramatical chapter. the reason why she dont just ask the (ex-)boyfriend straight up is because its more boring that way.
All that reading between the lines, and still dead wrong. ‘Dramatical’ isn’t a term sir, so not only do you make up details to support an unfounded concept but words too? Lol that’s cute

Old 01-28-2020, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Well, we don't know if OP asked her BF to make a special offer for her friend. She perhaps only assumed that he would give her some break along with some freebies.
But since they aren't BF/GF anymore - he most likely took advantage of the job opportunity and charged the full (maybe even bloated) price without any perks.

OP's friend should call around to get the best moving offer and check on the prices offered by others.
The $3200 seems to be a bit high, but we don't know the details and the distance.

If money was tight, they should consider at least own boxes (free from stores) and own packing of smaller stuff (dishes, books, clothes etc.). Some money could be saved...
I never asked for a favor or “special offer.” The only questions that were asked was bout his availability to actually do it, cost of moving based on square feet, and he brought up the boxes. In fact, I think the phone convo was easily 6-7min discussing the move. I didnt assume he would give a break. I trusted he would be fair as I’ve personally seen him organize moves when customers have called his phone for similar jobs. Nothing more or less. Unfortunately, we did discover he did substantially price-gouge even higher than vetted competitors... by $900! Thankfully, she’s moved now and I can know count on a trusted, professional moving company that’s pretty quick too

Old 01-28-2020, 08:18 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,032,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
He wouldn't be my boyfriend anymore, although I think you said he is an ex? This isn't the kind of man I could have a romantic relationship with. He took unfair advantage.

Especially since he brought up the idea of boxes and not you. He was obviously angling for a quick profit.

And you get a lot of negative responses from male posters because to them, chivalry is dead. These are guys who would barge ahead of a woman to get into a door and let it shut in her face. Then they post all day long on Relationships wondering why women won't date them, won't sleep with them, etc.

Well...I'm not a guy, but I'm kind of surprised that OP is so upset about this.

OP, you and your ex are just that...exes. Why did or do you expect special treatment?

You paid for a mover's services. He was acting as a service provider, working for his company. WOULD it have been NICE if he offered free boxes? Yeah, I guess. But he treated you as he would've treated me, if I hired his services.

Old 01-28-2020, 08:20 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Well...I'm not a guy, but I'm kind of surprised that OP is so upset about this.

OP, you and your ex are just that...exes. Why did or do you expect special treatment?

You paid for a mover's services. He was acting as a service provider, working for his company. WOULD it have been NICE if he offered free boxes? Yeah, I guess. But he treated you as he would've treated me, if I hired his services.

Be prepared to be admonished for "comprehension".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships