Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2020, 02:40 PM

35 posts, read 17,735 times

Advertisements

My bf and I were not on good terms and had put distance between one another. My close friend needed to move ASAP. She had found movers but I wanted to still support my bf so I reached out to him for the job. He asked if she had a truck, boxes, etc. I let him know she would be getting a truck and no to the boxes. Btw he is a mover. So, he gave me a quote based on the square feet of her apartment. His quote was just about the amount she had budgeted. She has a 2BR apartment and only one of the bedrooms was furnished along with the living, dining and kitchen having much furniture to pack and would charge $3200 to move her belongings into storage. He asked about boxes? I told him she doesn’t have any. He said he could provide them, but it would cost. I told him since I know she don’t have enough for it, I will work to come up w the money for the boxes for her to help.
Long story short, I went to his job to go pick them up a week later and found out his job actually has new and used boxes in their warehouse. The used boxes are available, functional and FREEEEE to any person off the street needing them and he withheld that information knowing I extended myself greatly by giving him money for boxes I barely could afford but did anyway. I felt alone and used that someone who knows my money is already tight, would allow me to pay for something that I could have gotten for free, and not even by him taking them or stealing, but by me just going to the job and simply asking for them. I wanted to support him and also help her. Am I overreacting by feeling taking advantage of? Any movers can give a POV to help me understand.
Thank you

Last edited by Bvlibvl; 01-27-2020 at 02:51 PM.. Reason: Missed a detail

Old 01-27-2020, 02:56 PM

7,139 posts, read 4,552,321 times
Yes he acted like a jerk!

Old 01-27-2020, 03:00 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,034,249 times
How did you find out about the free boxes?

Old 01-27-2020, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
Yes he acted like a jerk!
I wasn’t sure if I was not seeing both sides. It really stung bc this is my first real relationship where I thought we both really had each other’s back

Old 01-27-2020, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
How did you find out about the free boxes?
I thought I included this deet, but when I went to his job to pick up the boxes for my friend I found out from an employee in the warehouse portion. When I came and said “I’m here to pick up boxes [my boyfriend name] bought” the employee frowned and said well that’s weird why not just use our used boxes that r free to the public.

Old 01-27-2020, 03:21 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,971,833 times
I would have asked the warehouse guy for the free boxes..... and then I’d ask my b/f for my money back. ( I’d wait until after the move though). Lol

Old 01-27-2020, 03:23 PM

7,596 posts, read 4,166,702 times
He is not nice at all! But there is still a possibility he didn't know. Some people are not really curious about details like that.

Old 01-27-2020, 03:27 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvlibvl View Post
My bf and I were not on good terms and had put distance between one another.
Not on good terms, that says it all.

Maybe he is trying to get some money back he has spent on you.

Old 01-27-2020, 03:28 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,449,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvlibvl View Post
My bf and I were not on good terms and had put distance between one another. My close friend needed to move ASAP. She had found movers but I wanted to still support my bf so I reached out to him for the job. He asked if she had a truck, boxes, etc. I let him know she would be getting a truck and no to the boxes. Btw he is a mover. So, he gave me a quote based on the square feet of her apartment. His quote was just about the amount she had budgeted. She has a 2BR apartment and only one of the bedrooms was furnished along with the living, dining and kitchen having much furniture to pack and would charge $3200 to move her belongings into storage. He asked about boxes? I told him she doesn’t have any. He said he could provide them, but it would cost. I told him since I know she don’t have enough for it, I will work to come up w the money for the boxes for her to help.
Long story short, I went to his job to go pick them up a week later and found out his job actually has new and used boxes in their warehouse. The used boxes are available, functional and FREEEEE to any person off the street needing them and he withheld that information knowing I extended myself greatly by giving him money for boxes I barely could afford but did anyway. I felt alone and used that someone who knows my money is already tight, would allow me to pay for something that I could have gotten for free, and not even by him taking them or stealing, but by me just going to the job and simply asking for them. I wanted to support him and also help her. Am I overreacting by feeling taking advantage of? Any movers can give a POV to help me understand.
Thank you
It's called capitalism. He's smart to take a profit any way he can.

Old 01-27-2020, 03:30 PM

880 posts, read 1,252,334 times
Why would you have to pay for the boxes your friend needs? He/She should pay for them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships