Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2020, 10:07 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,744,165 times

Advertisements

The OP seems to be serious about this woman as he is contemplating having a child with her, which I assume will mean marriage and a lifetime commitment.

OP, are you fully aware that you will likely be supporting her in her retirement (when you are 35-40) and for many years after, and will be her caregiver eventually?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2020, 02:42 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,636,899 times
Assuming he still hangs around that long. Youthful attention spans are short and easily become boredom and stupidly seek variety, newer overlooking []
That’s the thing about the wide disparity in age’s relationships. The younger person may have a burden on their hands in the future and either will stick with a loving partner to the end or they will milk the situation for all they can get and then divorce or split after they have had their fill.

This is why I have yet not committed. I have yet to be convinced there is interest in long term commitment. If no, I get what I want and then bail. Sometimes sooner, sometimes deep in the situation, very deep sometimes. Don’t get me wrong, I will achieve a young life partner when I am convinced there is long term commitment on their part. As of yet they have all failed. Failure is not rewarded kindly.

It is so very tempting for a younger person to exploit what looks like a golden opportunity. In some cases it is and the older person is taken for everything they have, a dupe. A fool.

Old 07-10-2020, 07:58 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,587,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
Assuming he still hangs around that long. Youthful attention spans are short and easily become boredom and stupidly seek variety, newer overlooking []
That’s the thing about the wide disparity in age’s relationships. The younger person may have a burden on their hands in the future and either will stick with a loving partner to the end or they will milk the situation for all they can get and then divorce or split after they have had their fill.

You're a super pessimistic person to just dump all over what you think ppl would do in a marriage just cause they are younger. Lots of marriages fail with ppl of the same age too. The younger person could be the one that gets sick.....life isn't so predictable & tidy IMO.

Old 07-10-2020, 12:26 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,967,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nald View Post
Not sure in which part of US does this mentality occur, maybe in a small village stuck in 1820. Most people will not care, period... unless he specifically makes effort to make people involved in this matter somehow.

If you look at the media, especially Tina Fey's jokes and the likes whom she flocks, bashing towards older man - young woman relationships with a bigger age difference, either direct or subtle, is the most common thing. That doesn't make them right, or either progressive. Think about it for an instance, how long would her show be able to air if she used similar approach to bash gay relationships by using the media space and coverage to antagonize the audience towards certain choices that are none of their business.

I did notice one important difference in comparison with situation some 5-10 years ago - they tend to focus on antagonizing older men in the eyes of young women now instead. If you look at who's doing that, you'll notice that the whole thing is about sour grapes mentality and inherent hatred towards older men with options and ability to present themselves as good relationship prospects.
So about 50 million Americans in 2020?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships