Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 07:10 AM

1,340 posts, read 1,629,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by himhishim View Post
I have 25 years and live in my 40-year-old girlfriend's house and also I use her car. She doesn't want split rent. Am I a sugar baby? Why did my friend suggest that?
Could be, but it's nobody's business what two consenting adults do in their life (as long as YOU don't start making others involved in some way).
Once agian, people should be able to date others regardless whether they are (significantly) older or younger, as long as both of them are consenting adults.

One would think that no critique would be present about this in 2020, given all the diversity and progress that happened in the last century, but some people want to impose some "social norms" and "what is acceptable" upon age disparity relationships, possibly as a way to divert the fact that they aren't allowed to discriminate, denigrate or outright hate gay relationships, interracioal couples, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2020, 11:54 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,958,144 times
You're a cub and she's a cougar.

Old 06-27-2020, 09:45 AM

272 posts, read 131,096 times
Age is just a number. That being written, you're both consenting adults. People often express jealousy or disapproval like what goes on behind closed doors between two adults is any of their business. Best wishes to you. Make it work.

Old 06-27-2020, 10:38 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,477,856 times
Quote:
I have 25 years and live in my 40-year-old girlfriend's house and also I use her car. She doesn't want split rent. Am I a sugar baby? Why did my friend suggest that?
Probably yes. Enjoy yourself. Learn a thing or two from her and you can impress the ladies your own age when she tires of you.

Old 06-27-2020, 11:44 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,297,139 times
Quote:
Most will have this inpression unless you're financially stronger or the provider instead. Or knowing that she has no car no house and you still choose to date her despite the 40+yr, then the last thing others would see you as baby sugar.

Old 06-28-2020, 08:31 PM

17,218 posts, read 57,105,963 times
Google "Cougar Cub"...welcome to our reality. What planet are you from anyway?

Old 06-28-2020, 11:25 PM

9,471 posts, read 10,814,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Yes, you are. And it's not a good look for a man.
Ah let the kid enjoy it. Knock yourself out son and consider yourself lucky

Old 06-29-2020, 01:01 AM

4,031 posts, read 3,311,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Yes, you are. And it's not a good look for a man.
It probably wouldn't be my preferred long term dating arrangement, but at 25 I think it would have been useful to have some dating experience with some older women. A 40 year old woman is much more pragmatic and direct about dating than a 25 year old. She understands the reasons for a lot of the rules to the game as a result there is just so much less games and drama involved. But watching how an older woman handles things vs a younger woman, gives the OP some valuable experience for later dealing with women closer or even much younger than the OP. You realize that there is a lot of b.s. you just don't need to accept or put up with. That is a valuable lesson at that age.

Old 06-29-2020, 01:47 AM

2,074 posts, read 1,645,949 times
Quote:
I watched the biographical film about Jerry Lewis way back in the 80s. I was a 20 year old undergraduate when I saw it. The lead actor playing a young Jerry was Dennis Quaid. Even back then I thought he was old. He looked to be in his late 20s or early 30s. His character had a teen wife which was the scandal around which the film revolved. The film was hilarious with Alec Baldwin playing his cousin - a young Jimmy Swaggart. Baldwin as a southern preacher from the Bible Belt was hilarious - a classic case of cast-against-type.

Decades later, in real life Quaid has married a young blonde woman who wasn't even born when that movie came out. She is about the same age as those girls who were on "Wizards of Waverly Place" about 10 years ago. It makes me think of that SNL skit - "Meet your 2nd wife" by Tina Fey. But in Quaid's case I think she is his 3rd or 4th wife.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJEAGd1bQuc

Old 06-29-2020, 01:53 AM

19,430 posts, read 15,259,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grad_student200 View Post
I watched the biographical film about Jerry Lewis way back in the 80s. I was a 20 year old undergraduate when I saw it. The lead actor playing a young Jerry was Dennis Quaid. Even back then I thought he was old. He looked to be in his late 20s or early 30s. His character had a teen wife which was the scandal around which the film revolved. The film was hilarious with Alec Baldwin playing his cousin - a young Jimmy Swaggart. Baldwin as a southern preacher from the Bible Belt was hilarious - a classic case of cast-against-type.

Decades later, in real life Quaid has married a young blonde woman who wasn't even born when that movie came out. She is about the same age as those girls who were on "Wizards of Waverly Place" about 10 years ago. It makes me think of that SNL skit - "Meet your 2nd wife" by Tina Fey. But in Quaid's case I think she is his 3rd or 4th wife.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJEAGd1bQuc
I just think it's important to clarify that you're talking about Jerry Lee Lewis, the musician, not Jerry Lewis the comedian/actor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships